- 100% Polyester
- Machine Wash
- This mid-weight fleece jacket with a high collar, full-zip front, and side seam pockets works as a finishing touch to a cool-weather look or a comfy base layer when it's time to bundle up
- Features zippered pockets and elasticized cuffs
- Everyday made better: we listen to customer feedback and fine-tune every detail to ensure quality, fit, and comfort
- Model is 6'2" and wearing size Medium
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
An Amazon brand - This mid-weight fleece with high collar, full-zip front, and side seam pockets works as a finishing touch to a cool-weather look or a comfy base layer when it's time to bundle up
Amazon Essentials is focused on creating affordable, high-quality, and long-lasting everyday clothing you can rely on. Our line of men’s must-haves includes polo shirts, chino pants, classic-fit shorts, casual button-downs, and crew-neck tees. Our consistent sizing takes the guesswork out of shopping, and each piece is put to the test to maintain the highest standards in quality and comfort.
- Package Dimensions : 13.23 x 10.79 x 4.25 inches; 14.82 Ounces
- Item model number : S17AE10002
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : May 22, 2019
- Manufacturer : Amazon Essentials
- ASIN : B073GB8RWM
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Cons: Sheds fuzz like crazy. Makes me doubt its durability, though so far it's holding up. Using Columbia Steens Mountain as a baseline, it's heavier than I expected. A bit too warm indoors. The currently trendy cuffless sleeve design is also an annoyance. I'll willingly pay a bit more for the Columbia next time.
Edit: After two or three wash cycles now, the fuzz ball shedding issue seems to be going away.
Update: a couple of months later, as I feared, visible signs of wear. Elbows are shiny. I have to conclude the product is not a good value even at its well-below-average price.
The sizing is exactly as expected. The male in residence normally wears a large jacket but wanted to wear this over a sweater on cold but not frigid winter days when layering makes sense. This size-up is definitely one size larger – no more, no less. The jacket is warm and comfortable, and it looks quite good on him. The design is inherently flattering..
Basic construction. The main zipper is a heavy-duty nylon model with a large easy-to-pull metal tab. Two in-seam vertical pockets have a nylon zipper closure so they secure the contents and do not cause the fabric to sag open, helping to neatly maintain the jacket’s silhouette.
There are two large interior pockets on either side of the zipper that measure 7 1/2 x 11 1/2 inches. They are placed at the mid-point of the front panels extending to the bottom hem edge. These pockets do sag open a bit so they are partially visible when the jacket is un-zipped. This is a minor issue and the additional pocket capacity increases functionality.
The sewing is excellent with the stitches even with no hanging threads and all interior seams are finished which eliminates raw edges for a neat appearance. There is no hanging loop and there is a sewn-in back label. Fabric care instructions are to machine wash cold with like colors, no bleach, tumble dry on low heat, no iron and no dry cleaning. Basic, handsome easy care jacket.
What I like:
1. The design of the sweatshirt is near perfect.
2. The sweatshirt is not shiny like silk PJ's.
3. The sweatshirt is warm.
4. The material is soft and comfortable.
5. The price is somewhat fair.
6. There is no LOGO saying I want to show everyone I am an idiot and pay excessive amounts of money to be a walking billboard for (insert whatever company here) but I can be part of this crowd even if I have to max out my credit and go into debt at least I am someone. It makes you an advertisement vessel a walking billboard that you pay handsomely for. Educate yourself stop the nonsense. Its one thing to support and buy local things and spend excessively but all clothing is made in the same locations with essentially the same materials. These days we are not supporting anything other than overpayment and debt for our fellow man and ourselves. A worker making the clothing is likely still payed a repulsive amount of money in poor conditions and you help build empires to support this! "A Brand DOES NOT maketh the man!"
7. The full zipper nothing like having to shed this layer and having to pull it off over your head a full zipper allows easy removal without having your gut hanging out or having the zipper get caught in your hair. And if you have to hold another item in your hand while taking it off you can do so in comfort.
What I dislike about this product:
1. Elastic on the sleeve and bottom I prefer the open concept relaxed fit everywhere. No more elastic please!
2. Zippers on the pocket are very uncomfortable for someone who frequently uses their pockets as I do get rid of them!
3. Material quality needs work 2 out of 4 of these sweaters are shedding badly and pilling up after 2 uses and a single wash actually they started doing this after the first year of 10 hours in a working environment just the rubbing caused it and my t-shirt underneath was also covered in black fuzz! Quality Control is needed!
4. The stiffness of sweatshirt it does not bend and flow as freely as it should mostly due to elastic and material.
5. The black coloring should be darker.
This is a near perfect sweatshirt I may even buy more or try to get replacements for the faulty sweatshirts. I have found if you take a wide-toothed comb to the sweatshirts that are pilling you can comb it out and make it look somewhat decent again. (Not something I prefer to do but if need be I suppose I will.) I believe if you washed this sweatshirt a couple of times before wearing it maybe 3 times it may aid in the prevention of such issues as I noticed was cycle seemed to improve the pilling and shedding a little bit. I really wish elastic around the sleeves and bottom were gone to allow the sweatshirt to flow and move more naturally while active as I dislike how fashion right now seems to be centered around being a stiff.
To buy or not to buy that is the question?
Overall I would suggest this full zip fleece as one of the better bangs for your buck and it may be advantageous to support the startup of the Amazon Essentials clothing brand to ensure there will be good and affordable clothing in the future. I say probably buy this sweatshirt there is a 50% chance you will get a good one and to be on the safe side wash it about 3 times before wearing it.
Note to Amazon:
You guys are on the right track just a few improvements and you will be a home run product even if you need to charge a few bucks more lets do it and get it done!
Top reviews from other countries
Great shame, because apart from this annoying problem, it's a great value garment and fits perfectly.
I have paid 5x that for branded fleeces in the past.
This is perfect for slinging on to walk the dogs.
Highly recommend 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼
Firstly the zip fastener stuck and I put it down to being new or perhaps because it was on the LHS, but after numerous tries I decided it was faulty.
Also the L size fitted my arms in length and was comfortable but the body was way too small. And that's the problem with buying stuff on line. One man's large is another man's small.
It was however lightweight and what I wanted but...................