Fire Tablet with Alexa, 7" Display, 8 GB, Black - with Special Offers (Previous Generation - 5th)
- Beautiful 7" IPS display and 1.3 GHz quad-core processor. Available in four colors.
- Now with the Alexa cloud-based voice service - just press and ask
- Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle e-books, apps and games
- 8 or 16 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot for up to 200 GB of expandable storage
- Prime members get unlimited access to a huge selection of songs, books, videos and more
- Up to 7 hours of battery life
There is a newer version of this item:
Top Customer Reviews
Here are my pros and cons thus far.
Perfect size for Ebooks, and web surfing to alleviate strain on the eyes from my 5" phone display
nice sturdy casing that gives it a nice heft but still weighs in as one of the lighter tablets on the market
Child Accounts- Amazon allows you to set up this tablet with age restricted access for kids making this a low cost piece of tech that is perfect for school kids and allows mom and dad to ration the amount of time lil Johnny can play Clash of Clans and how much he can hit the ol' Visa card for.
Battery life thus far; wife was on it for about 5 hours last night and battery was at about 46%
Kindle Integration -this goes without saying but having my ebooks and audible books synced to the tablet is awesome and my Kindle books look great
Price - it's a $50.Read more ›
|Length: 0:16 Mins|
PRICING/CONFIG: I prefer this tablet with ads and no accessories to keep the costs down. You have the option to spend more money, but I recommend against it. You can easily see the specs online, so I won’t do you the discourtesy of simply cutting and pasting those here. Here is the price breakdown:
• 49.99 base price – what an incredible price point! Or buy 5 and get a sixth one free! This puts it into reach of schools and non-profits.
• No sponsored screensaver ($15) – big deal that each time you turn it on it shows you something interesting you might want.
• MicroSD card ($19.99 for 32GB) – you probably already have one laying around somewhere. Beyond that, there is memory in the device, and you are using the cloud for storage mostly anyway. If you end up needing this, just buy one off Amazon, it certainly won’t be more expensive.Read more ›
|Length: 8:04 Mins|
The short/summed up version: it's the new budget king in the 6-8" size. It's screen is a little lower in resolution but still pleasant to look at, it has enough power for most of the typical tablet tasks, and it shares many of the same features as its higher priced brothers such as front and back cameras, b/g/n wifi, and good overall battery life (minus an hour) My favorite size tablet is 8", so if you're looking at the amazon fire lineup, i would take this over the 6" for sure, and would have a hard time picking the 8" fire at 3x the price. If you're not a prime member, it's still a good tablet, if you are a prime member: it's a great tablet. Possible quality control issue: Mine had two dead pixels (not very noticeable, but still will exchange) You can load APKs(enable unknown sources), i loaded antutu and panasonic image app, both work properly.
Just some background, i currently own 5 tablets not including this new one, ranging from a nook color, a samsung tab pro 8.4, LG g pad x8.3, an old acer a500 and an off brand 10.1". Suffice it to say: i know my tablets!
-2 dead pixels
-Front and rear cameras are low resolution, mostly good for video calls only
-1 speaker, sounds tinny like a small laptop, Gets decently loud, use headphones!
-Text not very crisp (but still decent to read)
The rest are overall Positives:
-7-8" is my favorite tablet size, 6" is just a bit too tiny, and 9+ can be cumbersome
-Uses a slightly slower quad core 1.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
So far, so good! I not real happy about the lack of information.Published 16 minutes ago by Kim H. Rice
I have ONE use case: watch videos on the plane for my kids. Got 2 of these, loaded up the SD card with compatible videos, tested at home, all works... get on plane: nothing works. Read morePublished 34 minutes ago by Dano
This was a gift and an update on my original kindle fire. Still learning about all the features but so far it has been easy to navigate. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Cat
Love it. Its user friendly and insured. Its actually a tablet for my youngest son and the kids settings are great. I do wish it was easier to just make it a child's tablet. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by LogicaPrime
Beautiful but a little too heavy to carry back and forth to work each day. A paperback certainly doesn't weigh as much.Published 1 hour ago by Amazon Customer
I purchased this for my 5 year old & it has been perfect for him. He is able to watch his videos or play his games. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Heather M. Gorecki