Fire HD 10 Tablet with Alexa, 10.1" HD Display, 16 GB, Black - with Special Offers
- Our largest display on our thinnest tablet yet. Available in black, white, and introducing silver aluminum.
- Silver aluminum option features an all-metal backing for a premium tablet experience
- Beautiful widescreen 10.1" HD display with over a million pixels (149 ppi / 1280 x 800)
- Fast quad-core processor up to 1.5 GHz. Rear-facing 5 MP camera and front-facing HD camera.
- Now with Alexa, a cloud-based voice service that provides quick access to the entertainment you want, including music, games, audiobooks, and more. Ask questions, shop, find news, weather, and more - just press the home button and ask.
- Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle e-books, apps and games -- including Netflix, Facebook, HBO, Pandora and more
- 16, 32, or 64 GB of internal storage. Free unlimited cloud storage for all Amazon content and photos taken with Fire devices. Add a microSD card for up to 200 GB of additional storage.
Top Customer Reviews
- constant freezing of the device,
- slow speed to load apps,
- significant lags when switching apps that only become worse as you load more stuff on the tablet,
- erratic wifi connection that drops often and the ensuing trouble to connect back to the same network, and
- the frequent need to reboot the device,
all factors made this a frustrating device to own . The HDX is far better in every aspect, heck even the original Fire 7 runs better than this device.
The only good things about this device are the screen size and the MicroSD slot. So if you're only watching videos on this, and would like to have the option of watching content offline when you're traveling, this tablet would be just fine. Otherwise, the HDX is still a better option, or you could get the 7" or 8" Fire models. Those are priced cheaper and work better.
Original review is below
For the price point and size alone, the Fire HD 10 would seem like a good deal. For its performance, however, it falls short of expectations. I would probably rate it a 3.5 overall. If it wasn't for the price, the rating would have been even lower.Read more ›
First I I was very surprised.. by several things about the Fire 10 that made me SMILE:
......1) even though it is large in size the weight is LIGHT so it is much easier to handle than expected ( esp since my fire HD 8.9 HEAVY unit ))
.......2.) it does several things I wasn't expecting.. One is it has SCREEN MIRRORING... that means you can see your tablets screen on you great BIG TV screen. if you choose for games or what ever.
3. ) Smooth and FAST .. due to the nice processor.
......4. ) WHOO HOO.. Google Play store can be easily added without disrupting you Amazon experience ( look it up on youtube))
( it took less than 4 minutes and it was Up and RUNNING )).......
5.) I think the Screen is Beautiful............ ( cannot imagine what others are seeing but this screen looks Great to me)
6.) FINALLY they put the speakers in the FRONT so it is much easier to hear you shows or music etc
7.) I think this is My FAV............I put in a great big 125g sd card and I am loaded to download anything I choose... loads of Movie from the A Amazon Prime Movies,..................ALL of my audio books from Audible.................and a huge amt of my Kindle Books...........
I am delighted....... and should get several years out of this tablet in its present format..........ESP. now that google PLAY STORE is on it .
Happy Happy Happy......
Wide screen design is perfect for videos and allows more text on a page for books.
The stereo speakers sound incredible, even better than the previous HDX model
For comic book readers; comics purchased from Amazon now utilize the active panel reading mode from Comixology. I was wondering when Amazon was going to incorporate this feature for their comics, finally!
Battery life seems to be similar to my 8.9” HDX, but I’m happy with that considering the larger screen and thinness of the device.
Considerably faster response time across the board.
Finally! We can add a micro SD card to expand storage capacity! Yay!
The camera takes photos that are much better quality than previous Fire
Would have preferred a rubberized back and case. The glossy finish is a fingerprint magnet also.
Still deciding on the new software layout, maybe it’s because I’m so familiar with the old Fire OS, but let’s just say I’m not blown away be the design so far.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My old Kindle was cracked in 2 places and started to fail. I felt like I had been struck blind due to it's absence. I ordered this one AND poof! Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Bill hodges
this was bought on may 5 2016 and right away the battery life was horrible, and now it will no longer charge just like the first kindle fire I bought. Read morePublished 7 hours ago by geeno
really disappointing. After years of use with the ipad, I was ready for something new and I primarily use it for entertainment and not work, school or business. Read morePublished 19 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Our family is completely enamored with the kindle fire tablet. Dollar for dollar this is the best deal out there for a tablet. Read morePublished 21 hours ago by Marvin S Wilhite
I have had 6 Kindles; all were good save 2 that just stopped recharging
After my last one failed to recharge I seriously questioned why I would get another and the deciding... Read more
It works well but it has taken me a bit of time to get used to it. I really loved my old fire but they are no longer available and mine died. Read morePublished 22 hours ago by Kindle Customer
This is at least my fourth Kindle, I tried an I Pad but I always go back to the Kindle. :)Published 23 hours ago by jschuman