Amazon Fire TV Stick
|Price:||$39.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Order it now.
- Fire TV Stick connects to your TV's HDMI port. It's an easy way to enjoy over 4,000 channels, apps, and games including access to over 250,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu, and more.
- Cutting the cord? Watch the best of live TV on NBC News, NBA, and Sling TV, which includes ESPN, CNN, HGTV, AMC, A&E, Cartoon Network, and more.
- 4x the storage and 2x the memory of Chromecast plus a dual-core processor and 1 GB of memory
- No more buffering, ASAP learns what Amazon Video movies and shows you like so they start instantly
- Never miss out. Bring Fire TV Stick with you to watch your favorites away from home, even in hotels and dorm rooms.
- Amazon Prime members get unlimited access to Amazon Video, including original programming like Transparent, plus over 1 million songs with Prime Music. Add-on a subscription to Showtime, STARZ, and more to watch TV episodes, movies, and sports, without cable.
See how Fire TV Stick compares to Roku Streaming Stick and Chromecast
Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote—Just $10 More|
No more typing to find what you want to watch, listen to, or play. Just speak into your voice remote to find all your favorites—instantly. Learn more
Watch over 250,000 TV episodes and movies, including live TV. Kick back with sports, news, music, and games. See all apps and games
Less searching, more watching. Speak into the Fire TV Voice Remote App to instantly play TV shows, find movies, launch apps, and more.
|Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote and Fire TV Stick with Standard Remote||Amazon Fire TV||Amazon Fire TV Gaming Edition|
|Learn more||Learn more||Learn more|
|Price||Starting at $39.99||$99.99||$139.99|
|Memory||1 GB||2 GB||2 GB|
|Internal Storage||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB|
|Remote with Voice Support||
with Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote
|Remote App with Voice Support||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Game Controller with Voice Support||Optional||Optional||Included|
|Game Play||Casual games and more||High performance games||
High performance games
with 2 games included
|Supported Resolution||Up to 1080p||Up to 4K Ultra HD||Up to 4K Ultra HD|
supports up to 200 GB
(card sold separately)
plus included 32 GB microSD card
|USB Port||No||Yes USB 2.0||Yes USB 2.0|
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 4:19 Mins|
Set up was easy and straight forward. I find that the interface is quick and easy to use. The interface and streaming on the Stick is much faster than the Amazon app built into my HDTV. This fact alone made this a great purchase. Here are some more thoughts I have on the Fire TV Stick so far:
- Quick, easy to use, polished interface
- Wireless streaming works really well
- Amazon Instant video loads, fast forwards, and rewinds really fast
- A dedicated Prime Menu allows Prime members to easily see what free content is available
- Unlike Chromecast, the Fire TV Stick includes a remote
- Can stream your own videos by first uploading them to your cloud disk
- Can play quite a few casual games
- Awesome, irresistible price for Amazon Prime users. I got it for $19 during the two day sale.
- Better specs than Chromecast and Roku Stick
- Ultraportable. I plan to use Fire TV Stick when I travel for work and to visit family
- Stream local videos and other content using the Plex app http://www.amazon.com/Plex-Inc/dp/B004Y1WCDE/ (Thanks BikeRider!)
- Included remote doesn't support voice search. That remote costs extra. Would be nice to have a second Fire TV Stick model that includes the voice search remote, rather can requiring us to buy a second remote.
- Probably won't be able to use universal remotes with this unless Logitech offers a compatible device.
- Not as fast as Fire TV, but since the Stick is so much cheaper, this is not really an issue.Read more ›
-Your TV is not a "smart" TV. Meaning your TV or dvd player did not come pre-loaded with apps such as Netflix, Youtube, Pandora etc...
-Your TV is a "smart" TV, but apps do not perform well. Some smart TVs have painful performance when streaming video, apps can be difficult to update, wifi connection can be spotty etc...
-You want to access Youtube, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Pandora, and other such apps on your TV
-You are an Amazon Prime Member and want to access your Prime Video, Prime Music, and Prime Photo accounts
-You want to participate in casual gaming on your television.
-You want to listen to music on your TV
-You want to have portability. In other words, Television access to the above services while you are travelling. (Amazon says the capability to use in hotels/dorms etc... with shared wifi that requires frequent password entry is coming soon)
So, the bottom line is that the Fire TV Stick allows you to access your movies, music and photos as well as games and more via your television. If your TV already does these things well, or you're already doing them via other devices such as a game console, then this may not be worth your while.
So, how easy is it to use? I'm telling you, you do not have to have an ounce of technological know how to have this thing up and running in a matter of minutes.Read more ›
|Length: 2:47 Mins|
Bottom line? This is the best streaming device for the dollar(In my humble opinion) It's cheap, it handles netflix/prime/hboGo/plex/games/a lot more & doesn't seem much slower than the full firetv box. I started with a Roku2 in the living room which got pushed to the bedroom when i got the firetv box, then the firetv stick replaced the roku2. I tried the roku stick but returned it because it was just too darn slow. I'm completely firetv now and 100% happy with it..
What it does: It adds internet/streaming functionality to any tv/monitor with an HDMI port. You can use any of the thousands of paid and/or free apps such as netflix, amazon prime, hulu, plex, news, digital fireplace, etc... There's a ton you can do. With some extra effort you can sideload things like Kodi and 3rd party apps. It's super simple to use, and the image quality can be great if your internet connection is fast.
The Good stuff...
-Same pricerange as the less capable/less powered Chromecast & Roku stick
-More ram/memory than the competition(keeps things running smooth)
-More storage space than the competition, you can store more apps/games/etc..
-You can do some gaming with it, but the firetv box is better suited
-So small you can bring it pretty much anywhere with ease.
-Simple clean interface.
-Lots of games/apps to choose from
-The phone app is actually pretty useful
Not as good stuff...
-No connections other than usb for power, if you need ethernet/audio in/out, get the box!Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The Fire stick is great. I wish I ordered this a long time ago. I am cancelling cable immediately. I can get every channel I want for a fraction of the 140. Read morePublished 3 minutes ago by Peggy Spragg
The Fire TV Stick is far better than the Chromcast I currently own. I look forward to exploring its many advantagesPublished 16 minutes ago by Katherine Carter
I had this less than 2 years and had a lot of problems with it.Every time I tried to turn it on, I had to remove the wall plug and replug it to get it to work. Read morePublished 17 minutes ago by Sterling Splendor