Amazon Fire TV | Streaming Media Player
|Price:||$89.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Order it now.
- Amazon Fire TV supports 4K Ultra HD for true-to-life picture quality. Watch high-definition 1080p streams on Amazon Video, Netflix, YouTube, Hulu and more, even without a 4K TV.
- Enjoy over 15,000 apps, games, and Alexa skills including access to over 300,000 TV episodes and movies on Netflix, Amazon Video, HBO NOW, Hulu, and more.
- Launch and control content with the included Alexa Voice Remote. Simply say, “Play Game of Thrones” or “Launch Netflix” and Alexa will respond instantly. Plus, play music, find movie show times, order a pizza, and more—just ask.
- No cable or satellite? No problem. Watch the best of live TV and sports from AMC, HGTV, ESPN, FOX, and others with a subscription to DIRECTV NOW, or top-rated primetime shows with CBS All Access.
- Find the best way to watch with universal search results from over 140 channels and apps including Netflix, Showtime, and Amazon Video
- Includes 75% more processing power than the previous generation Amazon Fire TV, a dedicated graphics engine, better Wi-Fi support, 2 GB of memory, 8 GB of storage and expandable storage of up to 200 GB
- Prime members get unlimited access to Prime Video, featuring thousands of movies and TV episodes at no additional cost. Plus, members can add over 100 premium and specialty channels like HBO and SHOWTIME—no cable or satellite subscription necessary.
- Play current favorites or quickly discover what to watch next directly from the Home screen
Top Customer Reviews
Keep in mind you have to be able to plug an hdmi cord into your tv. We actually had to buy a new tv to be able to use this box but tvs are so cheap nowadays that it was still cheaper to buy a new one than to keep up with our cable bill. The savings in just the first several of months covered the cost of the tv. The interface on the fire tv is really easy to use and navigate through all the apps you wish to use and everything is kept nice and organized. We got the box instead of the stick because we wanted to have a more reliable, faster wired connection to our internet. At first I was sad to read on other reviews that the voice control doesn't work on any of the apps, but honestly I've never even used it once since getting it and once you sign into everything, there's not much need of typing to find your shows on other apps so I really don't miss it at all. If you just want this to watch prime tv included in your amazon subscription then you can stop here, the rest is about what apps we use (and pay for) to watch our shows. I will list what apps we have found useful and what we found we could do without.Read more ›
Ok, so I haven't figured out how to make Alexa clean my house like Cinderella...yet. But I'm working on it. In the meantime, I have figured out that she is much more than a glorified alarm clock or DJ. Although, you should know that alarms are "not currently supported on this device," like they are on the Echo. This is a more basic version of Alexa. It doesn't have her full functionality.
I'm not sure what the target demographic for this product is, but I am a professional female in my early thirties, who is in a committed relationship. That is a nice way of saying that my partying days are behind me and my boyfriend and I spend a lot of time binge watching stuff on the sofa. Yes. We are suburban couch potatoes. No shame here. Also, I am an Amazon Prime member, but do not have a 4k TV.
I used to have a Roku that I used for Netflix and Hulu. However, I was more interested in free shipping, so I moved to Prime and got a Fire TV Stick when it was offered for $19.99. For me the stick is a glorified HDMl cable. You could get the same benefits by connecting your laptop to your TV. It's less cumbersome, but that's about it. I wanted it because it said it could mirror your device's screen onto your TV. It didn't explain clearly enough that the only "device" it could do that with was a Kindle (although this has since changed and can now be done). That is why I didn't order the Echo when it came out. It sounded cool but I couldn't figure out what it actually did. Since then, my father got one for my mother, who had a stroke, and it is awesome.Read more ›
I'm a big geek… I have tons of boxes and electronic toys… I even have several Google TVs which are now outdated. I'm pretty blown away by this box, and the amount of "content apps" available. For instance the unknown "Pluto TV" app has over 100 HD streaming stations. Some of them obviously aren't great, but it's definitely enough to keep you busy. For hours on end. Some of the channels have an hour or two of programming and just loop over and over again, but there's enough content on other channels to keep you busy for days.
If you're looking for the end all answer to cut your cable TV service, FireTv does not have things like live CNN, AMC and other cable stations (yet), but you could purchase a subscription for Sling TV (Google it) which has ala-carte live TV services. Something Apple is promising to deliver. If you have a current cable subscription, you can get things like HBO and Netflix streamed to your box if you are already paying for it in your home cable subscription. Your provider "passes through" the HBO, Netflix, etc programming through to this box. So for instants if you had an outdoor TV, TV in an attic or basement, you don't need to add another cable box to watch movies. .
It has all the standard bells and whistles like Netflix, Hulu, and those sort of services . The box is fast, does what it's advertised. I have a Ultra HDTV. Although ultra high definition content is scarce these days, this box probably has the most ultra high definition content of any other unit. Granted a lot of those ultra high definition videos are of "Flyovers of nature" type videos. if you have Amazon prime, then you can stream several of their in-house shows in ultra high definition.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Would have been 5 stars if it weren't for the interface - a bit cluttered for my taste. Another reminder why the Apple TV 32 and 64 GB are ludicrously priced given their... Read morePublished 6 minutes ago by Urmuz
Recently we decided to "cut the cord" and cancel our cable subscription. We already had a Fire Stick and were happy with it, but we needed another so we'd have one in our... Read morePublished 8 minutes ago by Mike P.
Didn't even last a year and now constantly reboots all the time. I'd buy something else for sure, I heard Apple TV is great and no hardware issues and even if you do Apple will... Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Bryan M. Beseler
I absolutely love this thing. I saved so much money on my cable bill and have so many more choices to watch.Published 1 hour ago by WomenRevil