- Shipping Weight: 3.5 ounces
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B002Y27P5K
- Item model number: 540-0034-00
- Average Customer Review: 192 customer reviews
- Date first available at Amazon.com: May 12, 2010
Amazon Kindle EU (European Union Universal) Power Adapter [Fits Kindle and Kindle DX]
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- EU (European Union Universal) charger approved for use with Kindle and Kindle DX (not compatible with 1st Generation Kindle)
- Fully charges Kindle and Kindle DX in 4 hours or less
- Supports 100VAC-240VAC. EU plug only. Not compatible with non-EU outlets
- Detachable 1.8 meter USB cable for charging through a computer (generally in 6 hours) or transferring compatible files
- See Kindle User's Guide for instructions and important safety information
Top Customer Reviews
If you want to use your 220 volt wall socket, you can buy a USB power adapter from every electronics store for about $5. This power adapter / cable -combo from Amazon did cost me $31 (including shipping to Europe).
Also, if You have bought any mobile phone, GPS navigator or such a device lately, chances are that you already have one of these.
To summarize: This gadget is nice, but don't waste your money on it.
I asked Kindle support about this several times and got confusing answers. The TRUE ANSWER is: THE CONNECTOR WHICH COMES WITH KINDLE ACCEPTS 100-220volt. JUST READ THE PLUG. You only need an adapter for the outlet shape for the country(ies) you are going to, which can be obtained in any travel or hardware store. They are cheap. England is different from EU so you need 2 or 3 types, Asia is still different. You don't need the $20 item from Amazon, which still wouldn't work in UK or Asia.
And that is the problem. The product is good. But, it is nothing more than a usb-cable for Kindle (same as already included with the kindle itself) together with a standard 220v to usb converter.
Short and concise; Ok product, but a complete waste of money to pay 35 Euro for it.
The KINDLE comes with a USB cable to charge from my computer and I had to order an EU Universal Power Cable as an extra.
So now I have TWO USB cables when all I really needed was a European mains-power charger!
Why is it not possible to simply order the power charger alone and pay less.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Yet another power adaptor.
You can use the cable as a standalone USB connector for other purposes, if necessary and if your other device's connector happens to be... Read more
But using a usb charger for all devices is more convenient ... if you have more devices, otherwise this is the perfect choice. Doesn't get hot either.Published on March 10, 2014 by Amazon Customer
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Electronics > eBook Readers & Accessories > Power Adapters
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle (2nd Generation, U.S. & Int'l Wireless) Accessories > Power Adapters & Cables
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle DX (2nd Generation, Global Wireless) Accessories > Power Adapters & Cables
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation) Accessories > Power Adapters & Cables