Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on November 7, 2011
When I purchased my Kindle, gen 2, I bought a silicon cover, frankly, because it was my least expensive option. I loved it. I loved how it added a bit of cushion to my Kindle, but didn't bulk it up so much that I couldn't slip my Kindle into my purse, which was where I carried it.

Pros: I did drop my Kindle once or twice, and it suffered no damage whatsoever. Love its price; love the various color choices; love how it hugs the Kindle just right.

Con: After a year or so of use, the cover stretched a bit due to my absent-mindedly pulling on it while I read. It wasn't stretching on its own, it was due to my sliding my fingers under it once in awhile. Once I realized that, I stopped doing that and the cover didn't change anymore at all.

Recently I gave my Kindle, g2, to my daughter and bought her the blue skin cover case so she'd have a nice new cover for it. I am upgrading to the Kindle Fire, but I haven't bought a cover for it yet -- I'm hoping that the silicon skin cover case will be created just for it. Come on, Manufacturer! Get with it!
on May 5, 2011
I really like this Kindle 2 cover! It has a nice, soft feel, and it was easy to install: just slip the Kindle into the cover and you are done! The long side strips on the front (that border the screen) tend to bow out on the cover, so the fit is not perfect, but it is great for what I was looking for! Also, the price was excellent and the shipping was very quick! There did not seem to be many Kindle 2 cover choices out there that did not use the hinge attachment (and that cracked my Kindle 2 cover - which Amazon kindly replaced), so I was excited to see this one offered on Amazon. Please be aware that this cover does not protect the screen of the Kindle, just the white plastic parts of the Kindle. The buttons work just fine through the cover.
on August 15, 2017
THESE ARE THE BEST e READER CURRENTLY BEING SOLD
on April 5, 2010
I bought the skin cover after I realized that the silicone cover on my cell phone kept it from slipping and sliding. It fits the Kindle like a glove and I can place the kindle on my lap or knee (depending on my position while reading) and it won't slip off. It's light weight makes it easy to hold. It will slip into a padded zippered case and then into my purse without adding any extra weight of the hard cases. The first one they sent was a bright blue that made it impossible to see the menu buttons on the sides so I emailed my concerns and they sent the light blue case. So be sure to indicate your preference of a light color.
5 people found this helpful
on September 28, 2016
Pretty good !
on March 12, 2017
Terrible fit for my second generation kindle. Poor quality.
on October 2, 2015
Easy on the hands and protection if dropped. I really like it, pretty too.
on March 21, 2015
Every thing I bought has bee great!
on October 10, 2014
Excellent product, excellent price!! Came very quickly!
on September 9, 2015
Horrible.. Returned it.. It didn't even fit and it's too chintzy ..