Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on May 25, 2012
As with a lot of folks, my Kindle cable started falling apart after only a couple of years. The jacket material was cracking and falling off. The really strange part is I had used it the prior day and it was fine. However, the next day when I took it out to use it, the coating started falling off.

After sending an e-mail to Amazon about this, their customer representative wrote back to let me know that they were sorry that I had a problem and they issued me a credit so that I could order a replacement cable. They even supplied links to the correct cable! I placed an order for the cable and the credit covered the entire thing! My cost for the cable was covered completely.

I received my cable quickly and used it to plug in my depleated Kindle to charge it back up. The cable is the same length as the original, but it is of a smaller diameter and it is stiffer than the original. The cable worked just fine and my Kindle is now back in my hands so that I can complete the book I was reading.

Once again, Amazon has wowed me with their committment to customer satisfaction! How many companies would replace a cable for free on a product that is two years old?

If you need a replacement cable or an extra one for your Kindle, this cable works well. Time will tell if the cable cracks, but I would not expect it to. I think that whatever they added to the original to make it soft and pliable is what caused it to crack and fail.
467 people found this helpful
|2626 comments|Report abuse
on May 27, 2013
I had a hard time finding "paperwhite" in the description of Kindles this cord fits. I took a guess this is the correct cord because the end seemed smaller...seemed. It is correct and all's well that ends well. Works perfectly.
55 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 24, 2014
Hard to really 'review' other than to say it does what it was made to do. However, I wish, in the way you wish for a truly universal TV remote control that works with any TV, entertainment system, and cable box--and actually DOES work--for a cable, USB or otherwise, that works regardless if the manufacturer is Apple, Android, Windows and with any device, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Roku, Galaxy or other Android device, Kindle and all variations, Nook, Chromecast, etc. All these devices are SUPPOSED to make things easier but they seem to be doing the opposite. I feel like I have more cords, chargers, portable chargers, covers, cases, batteries and battery chargers, and other accessories than ever before. (And that's leaving OUT the laptop computer and ITS charger, portable mouse, surge protector, travel case, wireless printer, scanner, etcetera.)

It *almost* makes me miss the days of PC or Macintosh. Gotta pick one or the other. Sometimes too many choices are simply that: too many. And that is distinctly the opposite of "making things easier." :-)
VINE VOICEon July 7, 2014
After loosing my original Kindle charging cable in a move, I seriously needed another one as my husband and I were fighting over his universal charger. And that's when I started searching for a replacement, and came across this cable. It fit my Kindle to a T, and the cable itself is long enough to easily connect to my computer via the USB port, go around the back of my desk, and plug into my Kindle. I already had a wall plug available from an Apple device, and the USB easily fit into that device also for charging. And of course my husband likes to use my new cable to charge up his cell phone. This cable port is also the same size as the original Kindle wire I lost, and even with my case on, fit's into the charging port with no issues whatsoever. The cable itself feels highly durable, even after multiple uses and tugging on the wire to remove the connection (which my husband likes to do), there's no damage at all to the cable, and I feel it will last a long while! Definitely recommend this product!
on May 26, 2014
I love my Kindle. My father-in-law is sick, and needed a replacement Kindle charger and cable. I sent him mine. I didn't want to buy the full new Kindle charger and cable for my Gen II Kindle. I read that the iPhone cube chargers are 5 watt, 1 amp just like the Kindle. I have the iPhone chargers all over my house. However, the cable that charges the Kindle is somewhat unique in that it is USB to "Micro" USB, and the cable shown here is what is needed to connect USB to the Kindle. So, rather than buy a Kindle charger AND cable, I bought just the cable for a lot less cost. I think the Kindle charger and cable are about $30, and this cable was about $7. So, my Kindle is back in business for about 1/3 the cost. The iPhone charger and this cable work perfectly to charge the Kindle. The wattage and amperage of the iPhone and Kindle charger are exactly the same. I'm pleased with this cable and the cost savings! It works perfectly!
VINE VOICEon June 26, 2014
I'm not sure how it happens, but I've had limited success with the usual Kindle Fire cords, and the cheaper Wal-Mart cords. I've bought Kindle rapid chargers, which didn't work well or for long. I've bought 4 charge cords (for upstairs and down) in the past year, and they have worked for about 6 months and died. For reasons I don't understand, the mini-delta metal part bends and pulls out, then fails to make the proper charging connection. This is slightly longer than the standard 3 foot cord. It seems to work well and charge quickly. FYI, don't bother to get the $20 rapid charger. I got special chargers for my Kindle and for a Verizon hotspot I used to own. Both failed in less than a year. Cheap (less than $5) charge blocks work just as well or better. I've had more problems with the cords. Here's hoping this cord will solve the problem and last more than a few months.
on June 21, 2013
The Kindle USB cord has caused me no end of grief. I have gone through two of them in a year, and neither worked properly. At first I thought there was a problem with my computer's USB port, since the first one was returned for inadequate connection issues. The replacement cord disillusioned me of this idea. The plug had to be inserted into the Kindle outlet just so, and I could spend upwards of ten minutes jiggling the wires until it maintained a connection. The second cord has been deteriorating steadily until it gave out entirely this afternoon.

This is not only the lousiest product, but Amazon has backed us poor Kindle owners into the proverbial wall with having no viable generic options to fall back on. This will be the third time I have shelled out $10 to replace the forsaken things only to find that the performance of the new one was even more pitiful than the last.

ETA: The third replacement cord seems to be functioning better than the others, yet there are still some connectivity issues.
on May 5, 2013
Amazon made good on one of the power cords I had because the coating disintegrated. I have three Kindles in my family and all three have disintegrated now. I'm sure they will fix the problem, soon, I hope but in the meantime I have to order two more. They are a fire hazard with the silver wires showing throught.
10 people found this helpful
on March 4, 2014
I love the extra reach this has. Most cords do not reach very far. This is great since I can plug it into the usb wall adaptor and can sit on the couch or lie in bed, etc and still use my device.
I can use my adaptors or computers to charge my devices. I love how this charges both my phone and kindle. I have 2 of these that I can use at any time, just about anywhere. I read a lot so my kindle wears down fast. This is great as I can just relax and keep in charging while I read. Same for my phone. The charge cord for my phone was only 12 inches. This is so much nicer!
2 people found this helpful
on April 28, 2014
It took me a long time to convert to a Kindle, but a few years ago, I did. Unfortunately, the initial wire that came with it wasn't very good, in fact after less than a year of (medium) usage, the wire simply broke. When I looked more closely, I saw that the problem was actually all the tiny wires inside the wire - basically bending this wire is a very bad idea.

So, I ordered this one, which is much longer than the original which is a plus, but, once again, I have to be extremely careful not to bend this wire because the same thing will happen.

I am not sure why they can't invent a wire that is a little more resistant to every day usage.
One person found this helpful