Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 74 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 79 reviews
on February 12, 2013
October 2012:I got this last year to download Kindle books from libraries for the books that make you use a USB cable to complete the check out. It has come in handy for adding pictures and music, as well as installing Android Apps that aren't available via Amazon. And, it has done everything I could want and more. Great item at a great price. (5 Stars)

Update:
I bought a second cable (listed as before) as a gift for a friend that just recently got a Kindle Fire. I used my order history to get it. The other reviewers are correct. It's NOT a Kindle cable. I'm returned it ordered to get one from the first source.

When the third one arrived, it was the same as the second one. So, don't order it if you have a Kindle Fire. I guess my first order was pure luck, or they changed the item in the listing.
on March 19, 2012
i'm editing this review - at first i said the cord didn't work for the kindle 1. now i've realized that what i have isn't the kindle 1... since it's the first kindle that i saw come out, i assumed it was, but apparently it is actually a kindle 2 - i don't know where they marketed the kindle 1 but i swear i never saw it! anyway, this cord might indeed work with the kindle 1, but just make sure that what you have is *actually* a kindle 1 (here is one for you to look at: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Original-Wireless-generation/dp/B000FI73MA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332192809&sr=8-1) the cord itself seems nice and durable, and not likely to crumble like the amazon cords... but i'll never use it, so i guess i won't know! i'm giving it 3 stars since i am neutral on the cord.
on January 16, 2013
This is my second review. The first I wrote just a few days after I received it. I have had it for several weeks now. It not only fits my Kindle Fire better than my original cord but it also charges faster. I have gone through two chargers with my Kindle, it is used daily for several hours at a time and needs charged at least once a day. The charger that came with my Kindle went out in 3 months!!! This one is long enough I can use my Kindle while charging and the cable is a lot sturdier than the other two that I have used so far. If I have to get another one this one is at the top of my list to purchase. I do not know why the other reviews say it does not fit I have had no problem with it. The price is great and I am overall very satisfied with my purchase.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 26, 2014
Advertised to fit kindle (it doesn't) and waited f o r e v e r for it to show up. I contacted them about returning it for a refund and they want me to jump through hoops for a measly 3 bucks. More hassle than it's worth, they want me even to send them photos, SERIOUSLY!!! They obvious already knew about this issues from previous customers, so why are they giving me such a hard time. I reported to Amazon about this seller's BAD customer service. Why hasn't their ad been deleted yet for false advertisement?
on July 17, 2012
When I placed my order the description said it was for fire and absolutely nothing about kindle 1. I get my(late) order today to find the cable is absolutley unusable for my fire, and that the company has changed the description and details. I got my kindle as a gift and I'm on a very limited budget, so this make me mad as hell. If it wasn't such a hassle I'd return it. But I'll tell you this is one company I will never order a damn thing from again. Back to reading reviews before ordering anything as you cannot trust sellers on amazon, not to lie.
on February 12, 2012
I ordered this device as a data cable for a new kindle fire which I had recently purchased. Upon receiving this cable I found it was simply to thick at the end that plugged into the kindle. Upon advising Amazon of this problem they send a refund including the shipping cost to correct the mistake.

I'm not sure how to make sure the cable you are ordering is the correct one as this one stated it was for a kindle fine and it is not---it will not plug into the kindle...

Thanks Amazon for the great service--I just wish the product would have been what was advertised.......
on January 5, 2012
While this item shows up when searching Amazon for a USB cable for a Kindle Fire, it in fact does NOT connect with a Kindle Fire. A complete waste of money!

Ironic that the Kindle Fire sold by Amazon does not include this necessary USB cable and then incorrectly lists this item in its product search!
on August 6, 2011
I ordered this based on the title, assuming by now the seller had fixed any problem based on prior reviews and was selling the right cable. however, the one we received also did not work with Kindle 1! Do not recommend buying this product for the Kindle 1.
on December 23, 2011
I ordered a cable claiming that it was a USB data cable for Kindle.
I was actually a (mini USB / USB) cable. Get it right man. Check your product
before you sell it.
on March 9, 2012
This product was advertised as a Kindle Fire USB Cord but when I received it, it was a regular mini USB which does NOT fit the Kindle Fire. Its a generic cable that is USB, but not what is advertised. Don't waste the Shipping and Handling cost. I'll try one other vendor before I give up and order direct, from a brick and Mortar store

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question