- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B00825C0PS
- Item model number: 53-000332
- Average Customer Review: 3,851 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 3, 2012
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Case, Fuchsia (will not fit HDX models)
- Designed by Amazon to be the lightest and thinnest protective case for Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (will not fit Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD 7")
- Made from premium, natural leather that is designed to resist fading and scratching
- Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the case
- Secures your device without straps covering the front, while the magnetic cover stays securely closed
- Built-in stand allows for hands-free viewing
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Color: Fuchsia | Mode: Standard
From the Manufacturer
Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 8.9” Standing Leather Case
Our genuine leather case was engineered to be the lightest and thinnest protective case for your Kindle Fire HD 8.9”. The premium textured leather and an innovative form-fitted interior secure your Kindle Fire HD 8.9” without any hinges or straps.
The case automatically puts your Kindle Fire HD 8.9” to sleep when it is closed and wakes your device upon opening making it so easy to jump back into your magazines, music, apps, and movies.
Let Your Device Stand on Its Own
Whether you are following a recipe in the kitchen, enjoying a movie on the plane, or rocking out while cleaning the living room, our integrated stand lets you enjoy your content hands free.
On the Go
Thin, lightweight, and durable, this case is perfect for taking Kindle Fire HD 8.9” wherever you go. When you are finished enjoying your content, simply close the case to put your Kindle Fire HD 8.9” to sleep and you are good to go. The integrated magnetic closure will ensure your case stays shut while in a backpack, purse, or briefcase.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Durability (5/5): You know, part of me wanted to make a video review showing me hurling this case straight down onto pavement. Could I do it? Sure! Do I think the Kindle would hold up if it were inside the case while I conducted this experiment? Yes. The reason why I didn't though is because I can only imagine how many people would cringe at the idea of looking at such a scene. Plus, while I am confident in the strength of the case, I'd rather be safe than sorry in this particular matter. Still, it does feel quite sturdy and I suppose the reason why people say (in other reviews) that it "feels cheap" is probably because it is so thin (which in my opinion is a good thing). If you're gonna spend this kind of money on a tablet AND get a bulky case for it, then why not just get a laptop at the same cost?
Weight (5/5): One thing that this case has going for it, is that it doesn't add too much weight to the Fire HD. As far as I'm concerned, it's at just the right weight for me to hold up with one hand (or at the very least two hands) for a decent amount of time. So overall, weight is not an issue here and this is a good thing!
Stand: (5/5): I've just recently had new hard wood floor installed in my house and so I was eager too test out the stand on different surfaces. I tried plastic surfaces, slick hard wood surfaces, suede surfaces, a memory foam mattress, and my own belly (just to name a few). I've yet to have an issue with the case sliding or toppling out of place.Read more ›
The main reasons I like it after snapping the Kindle Fire HD 8.9" were:
- The tablet fit was very secure. It took 15-20 seconds to make sure it was in there but after it was snapped in, it was not coming out
- Slim fit and light. This was big for me. I tried out some Marware cases at Best Buy but they were too bulky for my tastes. They had a lot more features, so if you want those great. I appreciate the fact that new tablets these days are slim and light and don't need to make my new Kindle Fire HD as bulky as my 1st gen iPad.
- Classic look. I just like the way it looks. Some of the discount fake leather covers look a little like those cheap cell phone covers you'd see a mall vendor selling 5+ years ago. Maybe those covers will do the job, but I plan on using my Kindle Fire 8.9" a lot and might as well like the way it looks.
- Stand worked fine in landscape view sitting on bed and on bedstand.
The high cost has been widely discussed in other reviews and I agree the case is more expensive than I would typically like to pay. One option is to buy your cover "Used" from Amazon Warehouse. That is where I bought the fuchsia cover for my wife and I got it for around $35 and I did not see one imperfection on the cover....it just did not come in its original box (packaged in a ziploc bag inside of the shipping box).Read more ›
5 stars for thin and protective case... about half an inch with the FireHD 8.9. (hard to measure, I need calipers!). I will tell you why I think some of the one star ratings are given...and they fall in two areas: One, the case looks cheap when you see the lower half inside. Two, the case can not be propped at a low angle to one's desk and still type well on it. We will look at both of these items... there are, I am sure, other reasons for low rankings, some due to perceptions of "a good case."
First, everyone has (perhaps) their own perceptions of what a good case is: My brother has a big Otterbox case (sturdy, shock resistant case) on his thin cell phone. I do not... I have a thin, easy to grip case. Why? Is it because I don't want my phone (and tablet) protected? Sure I do. But I am an adult, and I know how to take care of things. The case is there, just in case. :) But, I don't need to protect it to the level of an OtterBox case, in my view. So that is my preference. If this is not your preference, you are going to hate this thin, beautiful case.
Amazon advertises thin, and they deliver thin. And I agree with those who think if they wanted a one inch thick case around their tablet, they would have a netbook or similar, not a tablet (since tablets should be thin and light). But... but... but... (you may object)...Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this case it has lasted me 5 years and still during it today. It has also protracted my kindle from many fallsPublished 18 days ago by frediburke
My Kindle is always with me. I was very happy there was a replacement cover available just like the old one. And it is PINK. Just love it.Published 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
This cover when closed (and unit off) will discharge the battery every time. It is supposed to just protect and turn on again only when opened==but it is continually discharging... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Lorna-Bob Barrowcliff