Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" Standing Leather Origami Case (will only fit Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" - 3rd Generation), Black
- Designed by Amazon to perfectly fit your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
- Automatically launches the camera app when you slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" up in the case
- Innovative built-in Origami stand folds into landscape or portrait orientation for hands-free viewing
- Redirects the sound from your Kindle Fire HDX speakers towards you, immersing you in the rich cinematic Dolby Digital Plus sound experience
- Full-coverage case attaches magnetically for easy on and off, and automatically wakes and puts your Kindle to sleep by simply opening and closing the cover
- Premium natural leather with a color-matched microfiber interior to protect your screen and keep it clean
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Amazon Origami Case for Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"
Slim, form-fitting cases designed by Amazon to perfectly fit your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" and provide full front and back protection. The case secures magnetically, making it easy to attach and remove. An integrated magnetic closure will ensure your case stays shut while on the go.
This innovative case automatically puts your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" to sleep when it is closed and wakes your device upon opening, saving battery life while making it easy to jump back into your apps, games, movies, books, and more.
Crafted from premium natural leather and color-matched microfiber interior, your case protects your tablet and keeps your screen clean.
Capture Every Moment
Exclusive Camera Ready feature makes it quick and easy to take pictures so you can capture all your precious moments – simply slide your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" up in the case and the camera automatically starts, allowing you to quickly snap a picture.
Whether you are browsing the web at home, enjoying a movie on the plane, or working while on the go, our integrated Origami case stands your device in either landscape or portrait orientation so you can enjoy your content hands-free. The magnetized Origami panels keep your Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" securely upright for steady viewing.
Top customer reviews
I order the red color and found it to be a deeper red than my computer screen rendered it. Like a burgundy or crimson, with just a tiny hint of purple.
1. Not like my Paperwhite cover. I expected this origami case to be just like the Amazon case that is made for my Kindle Paperwhite, but this one is significantly different. I hold my Paperwhite in its case as I would a book, which I find more comfortable than holding a naked tablet. The cover of this Origami case has "folds" that allow for super-easy setup into a stand. But this makes it very unlike a book. I have really grown attached to relying on my Paperwhite cover this way, and was expecting to read on my Fire the same way. Alas, I must resort to turning the cover all the way around to the back, the way you might a large paperback book.
2. Good protection. The cover is held closed by magnets. In the closed position, my Fire HDX is protected along every side from a fall. The sides are shielded with a hard, black lip or the sturdy edges of the cover that extend out further than my Fire.
3. Ease of use. With the perfect fit and strong magnets, my Kindle just slid into place almost by itself as soon as I approximated the case. The folds on the cover fold effortlessly into the shape of a stand. When in this position, my Kindle seems very secure.
4. Access/functionality. The fact that opening the case automatically turns on your Kindle, and closing it turns the Kindle off, is fantastic. It is a feature I have come to really appreciate in my Paperwhite cover. The on/off switch remains fully functional if you want it. The headphone jack is in no way obstructed so that your access is as good as without the case. Finally, my Fire sits in the case in such a way that there is a space between them where the speakers are. My sound is not muffled one bit. However, I don't quite agree with Amazon's claim that the case actually redirects sound towards you. I would not go so far to say that the case improves the audio experience at all.
5. Heavy. This thing is solid. What you gain in stability, you pay for with weight. The Fire HDX is an incredible thin, lightweight device. Together with this leather Origami cover, the weight seems at least double, as does the bulk. It's a trade-off, to be sure, but you do gain protection and I find it easier to use.
Finally, this thing seems expensive. Don't expect soft, luxurious, natural-looking leather. This is highly processed, hard stuff. As of the release date of the Fire HDX, though, I found this case to be the best one available.
The case solidly stands in either landscape or portrait mode; the origami design is easy to manipulate, and the magnets hold it solidly in place. I like holding my Fire on my lap in my comfy chair. This case allows me to easily prop my Fire for viewing without needing a table.
The most incredible and appreciated feature in my mind is that the case does indeed redirect the sound forward toward me. It drove me crazy with my prior Fires to have the sound going away from me. Now, because of this case's design, I am able to fully immerse in the incredible Dolby, stereo sound.
I feel the case is protective, but for extra protection when I am carrying my Fire or traveling, I zip it, enclosed in this case, into a very featherweight, Vera Bradley padded case.
I would highly recommend this case. This case was designed for the Fire, and, as the saying goes, this case "completes" the amazing Fire HDX.