I don't know if anyone from Amazon MP3 product development reads this, but on the off chance that this is a better way to be heard than writing an email and getting a form mail in response:
MP3 Downloader is a horrible idea. KILL IT
1) I know how to download. I - and thousands if not millions of people - do NOT need another program to install to download your product.
Ever digital music service thinks you are going to be excited to install a special "Downloader" to manage the stuff with
WE DONT NEED IT
2) If you must - DONT FORCE AN INSTALL
I bought an MP3 album and there was *no* option to bypass the download and simply download the product to a directory of my choice
This alone is enough to make someone *cancel* the order in annoyance.
I'm sure many do.
Tip: Check your metrics on how many people bail out on your process on the download landing page
I almost did, but in this case Amazon was the only place that I could find that carried what I want.
So: to summarize
- don't want another "downloader" that "manages" my music for me
- don't want to hunt on my harddrive for music I download
- don't want to hassle finding the proper channel to voice problems with this and be heard
- all of this makes me WAYY less likely to buy music from Amazon in the future.
And (btw) while I'm here:
For the love of God:
Offer music in 320 KBPS and FLAC formats.
Some people care about the sound quality of the music they're buying.
It makes them more likely to buy it