- Item Weight: 6.1 ounces
- Shipping Weight: 6.1 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B008GGH4FY
- Item model number: 53-000436
- Average Customer Review: 2,351 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 3, 2012
Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" (Previous Generation) Standing Leather Case, Onyx Black (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7", Previous Generation) - will not fit new Fire HD 7
- Designed by Amazon to be the lightest and thinnest protective case for Kindle Fire HD 7" (will not fit Kindle Fire or Kindle Fire HD 8.9")
- Wake or put your device to sleep by opening or closing the case
- Secures your device without straps covering the front
- Magnetic cover stays securely closed
- Built-in stand allows for hands-free viewing
Designed for Kindle Fire HD (2nd Generation)
This accessory is designed to fit the Kindle Fire HD (2nd Generation). If you're not sure which tablet you own, click here for help.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
From the Manufacturer
Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7” Standing Leather Case
Our genuine leather case was engineered to be the lightest and thinnest protective case for your Kindle Fire HD 7”. A fusion of soft, premium textured leather and an innovative, form-fitted interior secures Kindle Fire HD 7” without any hinges or straps.
The case automatically puts your Kindle Fire HD 7” to sleep when it is closed and wakes your device upon opening making it so easy to jump back into your magazines, music, apps, and movies.
Let Your Device Stand on Its Own
Whether you are following a recipe in the kitchen, enjoying a movie on the plane, or rocking out while cleaning the living room, our integrated stand lets you enjoy your content hands free.
On the Go
Thin, lightweight, and durable, this case is perfect for taking Kindle Fire HD 7” wherever you go. When you are finished enjoying your content, simply close the case to put your Kindle Fire HD 7” to sleep and you are good to go. The integrated magnetic closure will ensure your case stays shut while in a backpack, purse, or briefcase.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The main body of the case is a hard plastic shell, with speaker grills cut out for the speakers on the Fire HD, and plastic buttons for power and volume. The plastic is somewhat flexible and can bend a little bit, but looks strong enough that it wouldn't easily snap or crack if it dropped. The Fire itself slips right in and is held in pretty well; I can turn the case upside down without worrying that the Fire would fall out. The flap for the cover is lined with a soft cloth to protect the screen, and also looks like material that won't fray anytime soon. Magnets look like they're on the corners of the device to keep the cover in place, and are strong enough that the flap won't open on it's own. There's a small rubber tab on the end that makes it easy to open as well, and allows the HDMI and USB ports to be exposed so that it can be plugged in while charging or connected to a bigger display. Smart design. The outside cover feels like a tough leather; it feels nice and it too doesn't look like it would scuff easily.
The feature that wakes the Fire upon opening the flap or puts it to sleep when closed works flawlessly. The buttons on the case actually make it easier to press the power button, which is a common complaint on the Fire HD since the power button is flush. But with the auto wake and sleep on the case, it probably won't be as big of a deal.Read more ›
- The case is slim and does not add too much bulk or weight to the device. This is always a big plus.
- The build quality feels very nice and solid. You can tell you are holding a well built case, not a cheap plastic one.
- The magnetic open/close feature is great, I would venture to say even better than an iPad with Smart Cover. This gives the case a huge step up over the others in the market right now.
- The buttons for power and volume are much easier to press with the case on. If you were for instance, watching a movie in the dark it took some time to find the volume without the case on.
- Cosmetically the case looks fantastic, very stylish and professional.
- The case is rather expensive for what it is. But then again, if this was Apple the case would probably be around $80.
- The buttons, while easier to find and press, are still not as easily accessible as a naked iPad. If for some reason I had to change the volume at a moment's notice, it would be rather difficult.
- I often hold the tablet in landscape, with my thumb on the lower left corner. I noticed the there was some give here, and the tablet could shift up and down. I put it a small piece of soft cloth to make sure it didn't move around.
- The rubber that holds the device in place I feel should go out a little bit farther. Sometimes when I hold the case on the edge I feel the device almost start to slip out.
I am happy with the case despite its small imperfections. I cannot say I have ever found a perfect case after all. I do feel like it could be a little cheaper, and I'm sure in a few weeks or months it will be. Still at very solid investment at $45, as I do not think you will need another case for your Fire.
|Length: 2:11 Mins|
However one of the key uses of the fire for me is to watch shows or videos while multi-tasking in the kitchen. So the fully adjustable stand position at first appeared as a positive. Then the flaw appeared,on smooth surfaces such as a granite counter or wood table the lid slips out from the back causing the kindle to fall flat on its back. This has happened repeatedly, and even when the lid is against another object, then the front will slide out. For how much this case cost (a quarter of the device price) this is unacceptable. If I can't figure this out without some tacky workaround like taping something on, this will likely go back. I will be trying out some other cases to see how they work.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Absolutely love this! Anyone that has a Kindle must purchase one of these immediately. The fit is perfect without feeling bulky or adding weight. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Sandra Walker
I bought this for my Son after his current Otter case broke in 2 places and he loves it! While it doesn't have the hard case or screen protection of the Otter, my Son feels it is... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Bert in Chicago who is a happy and loyal Amazon Customer. :-)
Great cover. First thought it would be too heavy. This is because the entire back is a magnet. It's great. No straps. Just flip shut and it stays.Published 1 month ago by Patricia B. Wellman
Hard to find cover for previous generation Kindle Fire HD 7 was advertised as out of the box with minor scratches. Product was as good or better than advertised. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Ben
Good, durable case, Loved the 2nd gen tablet, but after almost 3 years,it's shutting itself down frequently, and this case won't fit the new tabletsPublished 2 months ago by Barbiecue