Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on December 12, 2012
I just found out that Amazon charges you more for some products just because you're a Prime customer. Someone told me about that so I checked for myself. I compared a couple of products on Amazon.com from my computer to Amazon.com on another computer where I wiped out all the cookies. And sure enough, I get lower prices if I'm not a Prime customer....for some items. I'm not sure how they decide which products they'll charge more for. I guess Amazon thinks higher prices is one of the benefits of Prime membership......for them at least. I'll probaby still keep my Prime membership because I like the 2 day shipping, but I'll do more price comparisons before I just buy blindly from Amazon.
2121 comments| 733 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 30, 2013
DO NOT BUY THE MEMBERSHIP FOR $80!. I recently bought this to compare vs Netflix. Netflix keeps taking off programming that my kids and I are currently watching. We were getting very upset with the lack of good movies and tv shows so I purchased Amazon Prime subscription. I was thinking that $80 a year vs cost of Netflix rented for a year was a good idea, Boy was I wrong. So far any movie I have wanted to to watch cost extra between $2.99 to $7.99 per movie. Why does the cost more? I rented "The Fish that Saved Pittsburgh" and we could not watch it on our LG smart tv! My kids and I are not huddling around a damn computer to watch a movie. My boys and I watched the first episode of Red vs Blue which was a total disappointment. I am very upset with the purchase. I am not renewing for next year unless some drastic changes in programming and ease of use occur.
33 comments| 313 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 15, 2017
I was hoping to learn more about the service I have paid for for years. Unfortunately, free shipping, streaming movies, and a one book a month library is it. The were also grammatic errors in the book so a little disappointing there also. If you are looking for an in-depth how to on maximizing the value of your prime membership, this is not the book for you.
on June 10, 2017
There was nothing new in this "book" - not really a book, more like a pamphlet. There was the old pricing also. Guess I didn't look at copyright date...
on September 6, 2012
There is very little in this book that you cannot easily find on the Amazon Web Site.This book is just not worth the price.
0Comment| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 24, 2012
Not much hard information. Just a lot of generalized info.

Not worth buying. I wanted specific information about how to use the features of Amazon Prime. I later found all was availible on line, with help readily availible, all for free. Also, it was easier to find at Amazon than in the book. Save your time and money and stay away.
on August 30, 2014
All this I could find on the amazon website. I expected information on how to access tv shows and movies for free. They come up with prices and aren't really free. I had hoed this book would tell me how to make it work
on June 7, 2015
I found this disappointing because it was basically just a restatement of what I had already read in Amazon's explanation of what the benefits are of Amazon Prime. I have been happy with Amazon Prime, but this book is totally unnecessary.
on December 1, 2013
This book is not what I expected. I was expecting information on how to use Amazon Prime like tap here to get this done, etc.
Instead it is an advertisement. Sorry I have to pay for an advertisement.
Deborah H. Muscat
on January 10, 2013
It gives you some good information, but it isn't detailed enough. I wanted a guide to USING Amazon Prime. I could find out what it was by reading the information on line. If you want to know how to use Amazon Prime and the benefits of being a member, I recommend getting your information on the Amazon website.