- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.9 ounces
- Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- ASIN: B002Y27P4Q
- Item model number: A00810-02
- Average Customer Review: 430 customer reviews
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 17, 2010
Amazon Kindle Replacement Power Adapter (Works with 6", 9.7" Display, 2nd and Latest Generation Kindles)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- The replacement U.S. power adapter and micro-USB cable ships to the same countries the device ships except Argentina, Australia, Russia, and South Africa
- Approved charger for Amazon 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle and 9.7" Display, Latest Generation Kindle DX; same as adapter that ships in the box
- Fully charges 6" Display, Latest Generation Kindle and 9.7" Display, Latest Generation Kindle DX in 4 hours or less
- Detachable USB cable for powering through computer or transferring MP3 and Audible files
- See Kindle User's Guide for instructions and important safety information
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The long and the short of it is that a $489 device comes with a cable that doesn't last, but that Amazon is somewhat nice in replacing it.
On the other hand, customer service was very nice, and promptly solved my problem, so kudos, guys! I wish you all the best.
Thus I would rate the Kindle charger adapter cable as highly inferior products.
I leave my charger plugged in beneath my nightstand. Since my Kindle needs charging so infrequently, I rarely touch the cable. This past week, I went to charge my Kindle only to discover that all the wire insulation was cracking and falling off. Even insulation protected from user-interaction behind heavy furniture was not spared.
I've never had this problem with any other USB cables. Amazon really needs to use a different plastic for the insulation.
AFTER ABOUT A YEAR THE CASING ON THE WIREING STARTED TO FLAKE OFF. THE CORD WAS NEVER MISTREATED OR KEPT IN A PLACE THAT WAS OVERLY HOT OR COLD, ETC. BUT THERE I WAS WITH A PLUG, USB ADAPTER AND EXPOSED WIRE ALL THE WAY DOWN THE CORD TO THE ADAPTER THAT PLUGS INTO THE KINDLE.
I HAVE MANY ADAPTERS, CHARGERS ETC AND HAVE NEVER HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ANY OF THEM. IT IS CLEAR THAT THE ONE THAT CAME WITH THE KINDLE WAS DEFECTIVE. MY CONCERN NOW IS THAT IN A YEAR I WILL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THE NEW ONE YOU SENT ME.
THE WOMAN ON THE PHONE WHEN I CALLED SAID THAT SHE NEEDED TO MAKE IT CLEAR THIS WAS A ONE TIME REPLACEMENT SITUATION. SHE ALSO GAVE ME THE FEELING IT HAD HAPPENED TO OTHERS. IN MY MIND THIS TRANSLATES TO THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND YOU SHOULD BE REPLACING IT AS LONG AS THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH IT.
THANK YOU FOR THE CHANCE TO EXPRESS MY CONCERNS.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is reliable, durable, and functional -- not like the $%^& you can buy on eBay.Published 7 months ago by Amazon Customer
Received as a replacement cord for my kindle I've had it several years now and it finally has worn out after five years of everyday usePublished 7 months ago by jason camin
The first Kindle I ever had broke...uhmm I may have broken it. Anyway I called into the wonderful customer service people and was told to send it in and they would send me another... Read morePublished 11 months ago by M'Lee
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Electronics > eBook Readers & Accessories > Power Adapters
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle (2nd Generation, U.S. & Int'l Wireless) Accessories > Power Adapters & Cables
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle DX (2nd Generation, Global Wireless) Accessories > Power Adapters & Cables
- Kindle Store > Amazon Device Accessories > Kindle E-Reader Accessories > Kindle Keyboard (3rd Generation) Accessories > Power Adapters & Cables