Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Customer reviews

17,971
Denomination: 25|Design Name: Christmas Nativity|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13,743 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17,971 reviews
on December 10, 2016
When you pull the gift card off the inside of the card the adhesive is attached to the code to redeem and was partially ripped off. Thankfully, I tried to use the card myself instead of giving it to someone. I spent a half hour with customer service trying to get a refund when I found out what I could read was invalid. The packaging of this deserves a zero!
0Comment| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2016
I ordered three gift cards for family members as Christmas presents and none of them were useable. I am still trying to work through Amazon's process to get this issue resolved (or at least a refund) and it has been so embarrassing, having my family try to use gift cards that weren't valid. I will never order gift cards through Amazon again.
0Comment| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2016
Ugh... How hard can it be ordering a gift card and greeting/baby card from Amazon? First I got an email telling me that the gift card would be delayed by several days from the originally scheduled delivery day. And then when I received the greeting card and Amazon gift card, the greeting/baby card was all bent and folded and basically useless. I had to go out and buy a new baby card and inserted the Amazon gift card into the new greeting/baby card. The whole point of doing this through Amazon was that I didn't have time to go out and buy cards and gifts and yet I ended up doing so anyway.
on January 6, 2017
I sent a lot of gift cards - from $10 to $50. Many of them didn't have who it was from even though I wrote a message - some envelopes were sent without any gift card in it and I had to have it resent. I sent an e-mail to every one asking if they received it or not. I really don't think I'll be sending Amazon gift cards any more.
on February 7, 2017
So, I purchased 40 of these and when I received them most of the envelopes had spilled coffee all over them. I appreciate we all have accidents, but seriously how hard would it have been to replace the envelopes.

Lynn B
review image
on June 17, 2014
Don't buy this. Watch the fine print, this is not through Amazon so you won't get customer service from them!!!!
I bought two cards, one worked the other didn't. Guess you have a 50-50 chance of getting a working card.
on May 23, 2017
I was searching for a way to give an Amazon Gift Card as a wedding shower present. In this case I thought it a little tacky to print my own, and I was out of colored ink. I found this option on the Amazon website. I was able to find an appropriate card, and as a Prime member the greeting card with gift card attached was delivered to my home the next day.
I will definitely take advantage of this gift option again in the future.
on December 15, 2016
Nothing but trouble. Will never buy another. How ironic that your query should arrive the day after my most frustrating round of conversations with what passes for your customer service department. I have given in excess of $250 in Amazon gift cards over the past several months. Some were purchased from you, from from local sources. I can’t even recall how many I’ve given just in the past year. Suffice it to say, I’ve given my last Amazon gift card.

Attempting to deal with your customer service personnel, whom I surmise are in India or on some other foreign shore, is an exercise in frustration which I don’t care to repeat. You asked for it so let me tell you of my experiences.

About a year ago, I sent my sister, who is a resident in a nursing facility, a $25 gift card. She thanked me and I never gave it another thought, until this year, when I sent a $50 gift card for her birthday. That’s when she told me that Amazon didn’t honor the first card, wouldn’t even let her put a $10 item in a cart, because she doesn’t have a credit card. After she posted that gift card, she destroyed it, so no longer had access to the claim number. So I got on the phone to your so-called customer service.

On my first call, I listened to the rigamarole on your answering system, till it finally made it’s way to “For all other questions…” I tapped the ‘O’ got human voice uttering one syllable and was instantly cut off.

On my second call, I spoke for roughly 30 minutes to a male who I thought was trying to help me. He asked for my sister’s address. I said “3300 Brewster St.” He immediately identified the facility, saying, “Brewster Village,” then told me I was wrong. I said, “That can’t be wrong. I’ve been sending mail there for 9 years.” He ended by saying that because I couldn’t give the correct address, he couldn’t help me. (Subsequently, I checked the facility online and found the street address to be 3300 W Brewster St. So simply because I’d omitted that W, my 30 minutes was wasted.

On my third call, I spoke with a female. (I’m sorry, I can’t give you the names because I could not understand when they were uttered.) Again, I spoke at length with a female, who couldn’t even seem to understand that I was referring to my sister, whom she insisted on calling my daughter. She inquired where I had purchased the $25 card. I told her I wasn’t sure inasmuch as the event occurred over a year ago. Mentioned possibly through Visa, and she immediately suggested I should attempt to get a refund from Visa. (Fat chance with the card sitting in an Amazon account!) Finally, she decided she couldn’t help me.

Subsequently, I received two contradictory letters from your customer service department. One signed Suganth G., the other by Tanya B. He says credit card always required. She said if item is less than value of gift card, item can be placed in card.

I just want to inform you that there are many, many gift cards out there competing with you. Only yesterday I gave a Starbucks card as a gift to someone whom I know would have loved to receive one of yours.
on May 13, 2017
We ordered these as thank you gifts for the men on the crew who built a new house for us. I was going to get them all nice work gloves or something, but I don't know them well enough to know if that's what they'd like, or if something else would be better. So now, they know we are so grateful for their work, and can get whatever they want or need. It's a perfect solution in this situation.
VINE VOICEon July 8, 2014
I've gotten Amazon gift cards for family members for years because for the people who have everything, they can pick out something they'd like instead of me ending up returning something they didn't like. These Amazon cards can be used on anything on the site, millions of things to choose from, with no restrictions - you can even use them to buy things from third party sellers on Amazon. You really can't go wrong giving this gift card as a gift!

My only complaint is that over the years, they've gone from nice hard plastic cards to thin, cardboard cards. Also, if you write a message to the recipient, it will NOT appear inside the greeting card but on the packing slip.

Aside from that, you really can't go wrong!