Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Super Mario Galaxy forum

Amazon.com: Never will I preorder again.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2007 8:57:04 AM PST
Amazon has started slipping up more and more as the years go by. Used to be pretty reliable, but I'm starting to experience delayed shipping more frequently. Sucks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 9:19:57 AM PST
DashSix says:
I agree - it's kind of disappointing. I hope it's only a temporary lull in performance - this is the only time I've had issues with them. Amazon is and probably always will be my preferred online shopping site, but I'm not sure I'll be ordering video game stuff anymore. It seems like every game I've pre-ordered gets its delivery pushed back. Zack & Wiki, LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, now possibly Mario Galaxy have had shipping dates well past the in-store date.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 10:08:58 AM PST
I just cancelled my order. I'll run to Target tomorrow and buy it off the shelf.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 10:28:44 AM PST
Randi Price says:
Get it at Walmart today!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 10:32:06 AM PST
I'm with you all. I placed several pre-orders at Amazon and none of them have come anywhere close to on time. They keep pushing back the dates and not telling me till after it was supposed to be at my door. I would cancel my pre-order's now but I want to use up my gift certificate so I'm stuck waiting two weeks for a game they told me I would have by wednesday. I hope Amazon is reading because I will NEVER again pre-order from them and I will ALWAYS recommend my friends and family to go somewhere else from now on.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 10:41:20 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2007 10:42:01 AM PST
NowCDDude says:
Order from gamestop online

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 11:17:44 AM PST
Mr. W says:
Agree big time. The same thing happened when Deathly hallows came out! Amazon is just not reliable anymore! Mine BETTER come with a coin. That's all I have to say!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 11:31:43 AM PST
Stargazergrl says:
I won't be ordering games from amazon anymore . The last couple years they have been slow and a couple of my packages were in such bad shape with lousy packing when I recieved them I had to ship them back . I too hope amazon is paying attention to these post .
Good luck to everyone !

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 11:35:08 AM PST
What is another site like Amazon that I can use for book/cd/dvd purchases in the future? Is B&N's site good?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 1:15:39 PM PST
Jonathan says:
BN is too expensive and charges tax. I agree Amazon is horrible, horrible with pre-orders even with DVDs and HD DVDs. I ordered Shrek the Third in Sept, it comes out tomorrow and with Prime, is set to ship tomorrow for arrival on Thurs. Why didn't this ship on Fri or Mon for a Wed arrival? I am just really annoyed about this and the coin fiasco.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 1:32:23 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2007 4:54:46 PM PST
Conjuror says:
I've been told by several CSR's at Amazon, that the only way to get them to change is to complain! Please take a few minutes to write Amazon a note to express your dissatisfaction. If enough people complain, maybe the will listen! I to have prime and pre-order for no taxes and free shipping. They are getting worse and worse however with video games. They have no excuse for Mario Galaxy as most retailers have had this in stock and ready to go out for quite a few days.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 2:34:11 PM PST
I'm not going to be bothered to complain to Amazon's email. I will just never get pre-orders from them again and I urge others to do the same. They will figure out that no one is pre-ordering anymore and maybe they will try to do something about.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 3:04:54 PM PST
Edward Tang says:
i just canceled my preorder and picked up a copy at a game crazy. the shipping date was unacceptable - what's the point of preordering if I wasn't going to get it until the 20th?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 3:47:04 PM PST
NowCDDude says:
that is nuts the 20th! that is a bunch of bull**** ! my order from gamestop already ship ! i will have it tomorrow! yes i can't wait! reading the game guide!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 4:30:06 PM PST
At the beginning of the year, I had about 12 preorders with Amazon. Because of increasing delays with each one, I've only ended up with 3 out of the 12. I've gotten 6 others through Gamestop since you are at least guaranteed your preorder copy on the in-store date.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 4:34:56 PM PST
Doug C says:
I'm irate. I just got off the phone with Amazon and they are no help! Why is the date changing? How can I trust that Rock Band will arrive on time? I never get that excited about a game, but this just really ticks me off. I recommend everyone call them (there are no wait times) and speak their mind.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 4:39:47 PM PST
ice grizzly says:
Me too. Got burnt so many times. Zelda came after 3 weeks. For two weeks it said the carrier is notified for pickup. !!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 4:48:50 PM PST
K. Faraday says:
I talked to Amazon as well. I had paid One-Day Shipping, and they refused to refund it even though it will not come tomorrow. I told them I would take my business elsewhere, so I canceled my order, and got it at GameStop for less than I did here and I will get it even sooner.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 6:02:29 PM PST
"Zelda came after 3 weeks. For two weeks it said the carrier is notified for pickup. !!!!"

You do know that USPS doesn't always update until the package arrives, right?. It's possible that your package was actually in transit for two weeks

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2007 9:26:49 PM PST
Beccaree says:
I preordered a ds game in Sept one year on https://amazon.com. It was supposed to come out in Nov. A week before the release they said the arrival date would be February. I was getting the game for my young niece for Christmas. Needless to say, I canceled it, bought in a store and never ordered a video game or any other hot item on amazon.com for Christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007 3:29:58 AM PST
NowCDDude says:
there you go Gamestop is the way to go if ur ordering games online! enjoy when u get yours!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007 6:18:50 AM PST
J. Thomas says:
Yes, I just canceled my order as well, and ordered from Gamestop. Amazon was still saying the 16th was the shipping estimate, and the 20th-24th for delivery. Plus, no one could give a straight answer on whether the bonus came. So I hopped over to Gamestop, and it still said you get the bonus, and it usually ships within 24 hours. I chose 3-day, which is a bit more expensive than the shipping I had chosen with Amazon, but at least now, I should get it a week sooner, and with the coin.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007 6:42:19 AM PST
N. Lanza says:
Yep.

I just cancelled my pre-order when it quietly slipped from claiming it'd deliver today to claiming it'd deliver on the 16th.

Every Best Buy around me claims to have this game in stock, so I figure there's no point in waiting almost a week for Amazon to get around to sending it to me.

This is the second game in a row Amazon has done this with, so I need to learn to stop ordering new games from them.

Really, I wouldn't mind it so much if they didn't over-promise. If they can't get me the game on or close to the release date, they shouldn't tell me they will. Why is that so hard?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007 7:25:37 AM PST
Cancelled my order last night, and went with eStarland. $46 and some change, so I could afford 2 day delivery, which made my new total less than Amazon, and I'll probably get it sooner... I went to Wal-Mart last night (only place open after I realized my order had changed), and they didn't even have them out yet, so that was a disappointment. Anyway, Amazon needs to get with it on this front. I'll still purchase from them, but not video games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2007 7:41:44 AM PST
C. Scharrer says:
I really don't care about the Coin or whatever, that doesn't really mean anything to me, but I am very disappointed that Amazon.com changed my ship-by date to Nov 16th, which means it won't arrive until the 20th at the earliest, if that ship date stays the same. I could live with that, but seeing how they have changed the date once, I don't know what is stopping them from changing it again. Sorry Amazon, but if I see it out at Target or Walmart when I run some errends today, I'm buying it there and cancelling my order here. This is just plain ol' deception, and I thought Walmart had sketchy ethics. I am passing the word to say "NO" to Amazon in the future, especially with pre-orders. Sorry Amazon, but you did this to yourselves!
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Super Mario Galaxy forum
Participants:  28
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2007
Latest post:  Nov 14, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.6 out of 5 stars (818)