Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Discover it  Trolls iPhone 7 CM4 Fire TV Stick Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Author Author Author  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Amazon lies about list price. The list price is $2200, but as of this writing Amazon is claiming that they are discounting it from a list of $2640. Why does Amazon have to lie about this? Pathetic.
asked by Benjamin W. Pearre on February 15, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
to sucker people who dont know (any better) to make them think it's a great deal. & for them to make the sale. i assume they dont think people check other sites. i agree pretty sad.
ray a answered on February 15, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
thnx for posting this info.
PH in Oregon answered on August 31, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
All the online sites have raised their prices due to the earthquake. However there are deals to be had on craigs, large online auction company and even directly from the vendors sites under refurbished models. I just purchase 2 SB900 and 1 70-200 factory refurb with warranty.
CNC Inc. answered on May 19, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
CNC: What you say is true--and useful! But...

1) The list price is still $2200, as you can see on NikonUSA's website. Amazon is flat-out lying. No question. Raising prices above list is one thing; lying is cmpletely different.

2) My complaint had nothing to do with the earthquake. Check the dates.
Benjamin W. Pearre answered on May 19, 2011

A
I see this sort of thing frequently on Amazon. Further they block any reviews one writes regarding this concern.
Old Sub Sailor answered on November 19, 2015

A
Look here
http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-appears-to-be-inflating-the-list-prices-of-some-discounted-items-2012-2
Old Sub Sailor answered on November 19, 2015

A
I think its so people like me can say to their significant other, "look honey, its on a really good sale! Can I get one???" :)

In the end, its a benefit to me :)
Russ answered on February 20, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I tried to call but I got hung up on by the Philippines customer support after I told her not to add it to her cart.
It is a hard concept for them to understand. they were asking me about which seller I was buying from etc.

Online chat was not any better.

Ajesh:You'll need to contact the manufacturer. We do spend considerable effort to ensure our prices are the lowest in the marketplace at any time.

Me:It is not the price of the product. It is the Retail Price which is akin to the Product Description. Do you understand this?
CNC Inc. answered on May 19, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product