Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ingrid Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

What did Amazon reviewer Paul Gaita do during his screening of this film?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2008 6:14:45 PM PDT
Oscar says:
"... Tilda Swinton is wasted in a thankless role ..."?!?

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association decided that she was good enough to be nominated for a Golden Globe for her work in this film.

The prestigious British Academy of Film and Television Arts decided she was good enough to bestow her work with a BAFTA Film Award.

And the holy grail of film acting, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (where her own peers vote for the award) decided to give her an Academy Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role!

On top of that, nine other industry and/or film critics associations deemed her work worthy of - at the least - a nomination.

So, the question remains, what did Mr. Gaita do while he was watching the film? Was he distracted by the phone, or maybe popping some popcorn? I'm just curious!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2008 2:57:54 PM PST
snclfe says:
I was grossly under-rested when I saw Michael Clayton in the theater and slept through at least a third of it. Even under these circumstances, I could tell Ms Swinton was anything but 'wasted' Her reaction in the final scene alone is the kind of brilliantly subtle acting that's often overlooked - I'm really glad that her performance was as well recognized as it was.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2008
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions