Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Start your Baby Registry

10,380
AmazonBasics 11.6-Inch Laptop Sleeve
Size: 11.6 Inch|Style: 1-Pack|Color: Black|Change

on November 30, 2016
The 14-inch sleeve is a perfect fit for the new MacBook Pro 15 w/Touchbar (Late 2016). I was looking for a neoprene sleeve that would fit snug around the now smaller in size 15-inch MacBook Pro. This is the solution. Fits like it was made for it, no slop side-to-side or top-to-bottom. It is a good quality case with a well constructed body, decent padding on the sides and a excellent zipper.
review image
88 comments| 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 31, 2015
This sleeve is awesome for the price. I was looking for a sleeve to fit my new XPS 13 9343 and was having trouble because it has a 13.3 inch screen but is only a 12 inch in size due to the infinity display. It seemed that most 13 inch laptop sleeves would have an extra inch length wise and I didn't want the laptop to be loose inside the sleeve.

A few reviews mentioned that the XPS 13 did fit for them but there were no pictures for me too look at. I took a chance by purchasing the 11.6 inch sleeve for it and put the laptop in for the first time just now and it fits like a glove! It fits perfectly inside the sleeve with no room to move around, which is what I like.

The case itself has decent soft padding with a sleek black look, with "Amazon basics" labeled on one side. I love Amazon so I don't like showing off their products :)

The only thing is that when you zip up the sleeve with the XPS 13 inside, you have to be careful zipping around the corners because they stick out a little bit, but once you have it zipped up, the laptop sleeve fits it perfectly and the laptop sits nice and snug.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
99 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 14, 2016
The sizing information was wrong in the description. I purchased the 13.3" version. Description states internal dimensions at 13" x 9.5". My iPad Pro with keyboard cover is 12.5" x 9.25" and wouldn't fit. I have included photos of the foam that was packed in the sleeve which measures 12.5" x 9.125". The foam was a tight fit and really reflects the actual size of the device you could fit inside. The corners of the sleeve have a large radius as other reviewers have stated so be careful if your device has more "square" corners. Based on the price, I'm sure there are some manufacturing tolerances that may account for sizing issues. My advice is buy a size up if your device is very close to the given size specs. I'll give it 2 stars based on price and quality had it been sized correctly.
review imagereview image
on March 20, 2016
This will protect your laptop from the inside of your other bag, but not from being dropped. When you drop your laptop, it will probably land on a corner, whether you carry it in a sleeve alone or inside another bag. Unfortunately, this sleeve doesn't really protect the corners. It's padded enough on the "faces", and the corners covered by the zipper have this grosgrain hem (between the neoprene and the zipper) which affords a little cushioning. The story is not as good for corners opposite the zipper: if your laptop pokes between the two inner hems around the edge, then you only have a thin, unpadded layer of fabric at those two corners. When I push into these with my hand, I feel the sharp corner of my laptop. An edge wrap of high-density foam would fix this and deliver much better drop protection.

Fit is OK for a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s, though not "perfect" as other reviewers claim, it's a little loose in the "up/down" direction (looking at the main product picture). Nobody seems to make a sleeve specifically for modern Thinkpads, but the T450s has similar dimensions to a 13" Macbook, so I may try out a Macbook sleeve.

Finally, why don't more laptop sleeves zip open at the narrow side of the laptop? Most backpacks accept a laptop in the "portrait" orientation, so a narrow-side zipper would let you retrieve and stow your computer without removing the sleeve from your backpack.
33 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 22, 2016
This is a great case. It fits my Toshiba Chromebook 2 2015 edition CB35-C3300 pretty much perfectly, and it provides exactly the level of protection that I would expect from this type of slim case. I have only one little complaint. The plastic housing around one of the USB ports on my laptop tends to get stuck to the material inside the case when I try to remove it. Reorienting the laptop in the case seems to fix this issue. As I say, this is a minor complaint, but I wish the liner material was slipperier.

Several reviewers have commented on the case not being a snug fit for this laptop. They're not wrong, but it's really not a problem. I've included some photos to try to illustrate the amount of extra space that exists in the case when the laptop is inside, but unfortunately, they make it look like more than it really is. The width is just about right, and there's about an inch of play along the zipper edge, which sounds like a lot, but the rounded corners keep the device in place. Trust me, it's a satisfying fit.
review imagereview imagereview image
on February 28, 2018
Not sure how I feel about this sleeve. On one hand it does everything it needs to but on the other, the zipper scratches both top and bottom my Dell XPS 15 9560. This happens on both sides of my laptop so its not just the zipper head but the zipper teeth as well. Now, the scratching is limited to only the area that is around the left and right corners of the zipper and yes, I did have the cloth overhang (underneath the zipper teeth) pulled on top of the laptop before I zippered it shut.

The images that I uploaded are taken on my Samsung S7 so I apologize in advance that the quality might make it difficult to make out the scratches.

On another note, the sleeve seems to have a few strands of thread loose from the first day I got it. They haven't spread in the 2 weeks I've own the product but something to note for a brand new sleeve.

Also, cut out the plastic tags within the sleeve as that causes wear on your laptop (though minimally) and makes it easier for the threads holding the tags on to tear and pull more thread from the sleeve with it.

Some modifications I made to the sleeve is that I put a small piece of tennis over grip over the underside of the zipper head to prevent it from further roughing up my expensive laptop. (I will upload images of this) How I got the tennis over grip to stick was by attaching it with double sided phone repair tape that I bought off eBay. I bought the kind that was black and not clear; I find that the clear double sided tape has very weak adhesive that does not bond well to multiple things as I use my double sided tape for various applications other than repairing phones.

If you're the owner of a Dell XPS 15, I don't recommend this product if you wish to keep your machine in 100% like new condition.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on February 19, 2015
First of all, Amazon is super quick. I just ordered this yesterday and when I got home today, it's already waiting on my front door (2-day prime shipping). Wow, I'm afraid of getting spoiled. Now, on to the product.

This is by far the best fitting sleeve I can get for my Lenovo ThinkPad x140e. I needed something that I could throw in my tote bag, backpack or whatever sack I'm lugging for the day for school or work that would not be too bulky or take up too much space. I don't need to have accessories with it so I'd rather not have a laptop bag. The fit is snug but not too tight. The zipper needs to be pulled a little at the end but given enough time I think the material would have stretched enough so it wouldn't be a struggle. Overall, I'm very happy with the sleeve and it's very good value for the quality.
review imagereview imagereview image
Amazon is combining the reviews for all the different sized sleeves together, so my review is for the AmazonBasics 8-Inch Tablet Sleeve. I purchased it to use as a travel case for my iPad Mini 2, and it serves its purpose well. It's fairly thin and lightweight. It fits my iPad Mini 2 with a slim case on it very well. The sleeve is also well made and offers moderate protection despite its thinness. There is no storage area for accessories, but I could squeeze the charger and cable in with the tablet if I wanted to. At its current price of about $6, it's well worth the price for the added protection when I travel. I'm very happy with it.
on July 13, 2017
Very important purchase for me, speaking from past experience. I was driving across country with my laptop in my backpack, which has a sleeve for laptops. My backpack moved around in the back seat of the truck at some point and eventually cracked the screen of my old laptop. It was of course out of warranty so I either had to pay more than it was worth to fix or buy a new laptop. I don't need anything fancy, so a new Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575-33BM Notebook was soon on order from Amazon.

My new laptop fit perfectly in this sleeve (15 to 15.6-Inch) with very little room to move around, which is perfect. Would this type of sleeve have prevented the cracked screen? Maybe. For less than $20, this is worth the shot to add protection to my new laptop. I also bought the 14" version for my work laptop, which is a Dell Latitude E7450. Another perfect fit.

Definitely worth the money to pick this thing up, hopefully it provides that added layer of protection I was lacking in the past.
I purchased this to have a low cost case to protect my new Apple MacBook MJY32LL/A 12-Inch Laptop with Retina Display. It's a new laptop that has only been out for a couple of months and so far there are fewer choices in cases and sleeves available that are made specifically for this model.

The 11.6 inch size that I purchased is the closest fit for the MacBook, just slightly large in both width and length than necessary. The laptop will shift slightly when in the case and zipped shut. In fact, the case is large enough to hold the laptop plus the piece of soft padding that is shipped with the case (and not really intended for use after shipping), and the padding could be left in the sleeve to provide some additional protection on the display side of the laptop and also to prevent some of that shifting in place, if that is desired. I actually am using it in that way now, but whether or not I'll continue to keep the padding in the case over time, I don't know. (Actually, the shipping insert will probably deteriorate before too long anyway, but I'll see how long it lasts)

These AmazonBasics products are in my experience always very well made and great values. This sleeve is no exception. It's well sewn, with a high quality zipper, and feels great. Material is neoprene and it has a soft feel both inside and out.

This sleeve costs just eight bucks with Prime shipping, which is crazy cheap for something this well made. I notice that it's been out of stock (this particular size) recently, so perhaps a lot of MacBook owners are ordering one. In fact, it's so inexpensive that if they later come out with a slightly differently sized model in order to fit the MacBook more precisely, I might even buy that too! They only offer it in black. I bet if they offered more colors, they'd sell even more, but black seems to be the only choice for most of these AmazonBasics products.

I'm very satisfied.