Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AmazonBasics 16-Gauge Speaker Wire - 100 Feet
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Style: Speaker Wire|Length: 100 Feet/30.5 Meters|Change

on November 3, 2014
This is Copper Clad aluminum, not real Copper, and it doesn't clearly state that anywhere. This is cheap knock-off wire, and no one spending any real money on A/V should buy it.
66 comments| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2016
I'm disappointed that no where on the webpage does it say this is copper coated aluminum wire. I assumed it would be solid copper. Silly me. One shouldn't have to read the reviews to find out its composition. Bad Amazon.
55 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 18, 2016
The speaker wire is thin...as in thinner than you would expect out of a decent speaker wire in a bundle but I guess you get what you pay for. I looked at the 4.5 stars and ordered this thinking I am not paying a premium for a major brand but will get great quality. so here is my experience.

I used this with a Yamaha amp with 150 watts per channel and connected to my 2 Def Tech Bipolar tower speakers. its a relatively expensive set and I was using a thick gauge wire from monster cables but needed something longer about 20 ft so ordered the amazon one. Apart from being thin here is what happened when I turned on the volume. the amp simply failed to deliver the signals correctly at higher volumes and often the speakers would give out a rather irritating noise. I replaced the wire with my existing cables and it was all fine. They would also stop with no sound for a second or 2 on higher volume.

overall my conclusion after several tests with this wire and the old one was that this cable is good for a less than 100watts receivers and speakers that are not powered and not high powered. however if you are trying to hook up any def techs, or other high end speakers spend another 20 and get a better wire.
on December 25, 2013
There is no chance in hell that there was 50 feet of speaker wire on this coil. My living room is 15x17. I ran one wire 14 feet. That will leave me with 36 feet of wire. I went to run a second wire 27 feet to the opposite end of the room and I came up way, way short.
on April 28, 2016
This is wire is aluminum, not copper and it makes a big different in sound quality (you can hear) I switch to Mediabridge Products, LLC 16AWG 2-Conductor Speaker Wire (100 Feet) and noticed a big improvement!
review image
on June 2, 2016
Buyer beware. The wire is CCA (copper clad aluminum), not copper. Quite substandard. Can't believe I missed this, never even occurred to me to check. Typical made in China substandard product, surprised Amazon endorses this. Also, very difficult to discern polarity marking (not that I'm going to use it - in the trash it goes...).
on June 27, 2014
This only looks like coper! It's actually aluminum and corrodes instantly! Don't let looks and the cheap price fool you!!!
11 comment| 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2016
As several others have said, it's not solid copper, it's CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum). That's like the difference between something that's pure gold and something that's gold plated. The web page says nothing about this until you get to the comments. The wire looks like copper, so this is very deceiving. I've gotten some good deals with other AmazonBasics products, so I didn't properly check the fine print. This definitely puts a dent in my trust of Amazon.com
on May 30, 2016
Almost impossible to see the polarity stripe. It was very difficult to wire my speaker; when I could not see the stripe.
on February 13, 2014
The wire is great, but I was shorted 20 feet or so. I only got 80 feet. I needed 95 feet to be exact and needed extra 15 feet after done with all this. So I measure it and made sure I didnt cut the cable wrong, and guess what. I got 80 feet and 2 inches.
11 comment| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse