Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Ca..." and save 15% off the $29.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Office Products Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
- Low Return Rate: 16% fewer returns than similar products
- Best Seller: #1 best seller in Shredders
- Highly Rated: More than 80% 4 star and 5 star reviews
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cross-cut paper shredder with 6-sheet capacity; destroys credit cards (one at a time)
- Shreded paper measures 7/32 by 1-27/32 inches
- 2 minute continuous run time with 30 minute cool down time; Auto start and manual reverse to clear paper jams
- 8.7-inch-wide paper feed; 3.8-gallon bin; thermal protection with auto shut-off
- Measures 15 by 12.1 by 7.7 inches; Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year Limited Warranty
- NOTE: Refer User Manual, Troubleshooting Guide & Instructional Video before use
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics 6-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder
Quickly Shreds Confidential Info
Thoroughly shred multi-page documents (up to six sheets at a time) with this AmazonBasics cross-cut shredder. The machine quickly turns paper into strips measuring 7/32 by 1-27/32 inches. Use the shredder to destroy ATM receipts, credit-card bills, mortgage statements, pay stubs, insurance packets, and other old or unwanted info. It will even shred credit cards (one at a time), and there’s no need to remove staples or small paper clips.
Helps Safeguard Your Identity
Shredding important documents has become a valuable component to protecting your identity. The AmazonBasics shredder minimizes your chances of falling victim to the havoc and hassle of identity theft. From document-heavy tax season to day-to-day bills and junk mail, the shredder offers exceptional convenience and helps prevent your personal info from going public.
The AmazonBasics cross-cut shredder provides the best compromise between price and performance. Choose the cross-cut shredder when you need to stay on budget but are looking for more security than that of the strip-cut shredder.
- Cross-cut shredder with 3.8-gallon bin
- 6-sheet capacity (no need to remove staples)
- Destroys credit cards (one at a time)
- Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Destroys Credit Cards
Inserted one at a time into the designated area of the shredder, credit cards are completely destroyed, offering valuable peace of mind.
In auto mode, shredding begins once the sensor detects something to be shredded. Shredded paper then drops into the 3.8-gallon bin below, and manual reverse makes easy work of clearing any paper jams.
The cross-cut shredder will run continuously for 2 minutes before needing a 30-minute cool-down. If it shreds continuously beyond the max running time and begins to overheat, the unit will automatically shut off to protect the motor.
Perfect for light use in a small business or home office, the cross-cut shredder conveniently fits under a desk or other workstation for easy access throughout the day. Even more, the shredder removes effortlessly when it's time to empty the bin.
Different Shredder Types Provide Different Levels of Protection
- Shreds paper into long strips
- Ideal for basic shredding and light use
- Shred width of 1/4” wide
- Shreds paper into cross sections
- More secure than strip-cut shredders
- Faster than micro-cut shredders
- Shred width of 7/32" x 1-27/32"
- Provides highest level of security
- Shreds paper into confetti-like pieces
- Shreds 6X smaller than standard cross-cut shredders (2235 pieces vs. 360 pieces)
- Shred width of 5/32” x 15/32”
|6-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder||12-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder||17-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder||24-Sheet Cross-Cut Shredder|
|Shred Width||7/32" x 1 27/32"||7/32" x 1 27/32"||7/32" x 1 27/32"||7/32" x 1 27/32"|
|DVD/CD/Credit Card Slot||Credit Card||✓||✓||✓|
|Continuous Run Time||2 minutes||5 minutes||10 minutes||25 minutes|
|Cool Down Time||30 minutes||30 minutes||60 minutes||60 minutes|
|Bin Capacity||3.8 gallons||4.8 gallons||6.3 gallons||7 gallons|
|Bin Type||Regular||Regular||Pull Out||Pull Out|
|Noise Level (decibels)||70 dB||70 dB||65 dB||63 dB|
Compare with similar items
AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
AmazonBasics Shredder Sharpening & Lubricant Sheets - Pack of 12
AmazonBasics 12-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder with Pullout Basket
AmazonBasics 6-Sheet High-Security Micro-Cut Paper and Credit Card Shredder
AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper, CD, and Credit Card Shredder
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||7.7 x 12.1 x 15 in||7.3 x 12.8 x 15.9 in||8.58 x 5.94 x 1.06 in||13.39 x 17.01 x 24.29 in||7.32 x 12.76 x 15.94 in||12.6 x 6.7 x 13.2 in|
|Item Weight||8.25 lbs||—||—||25.8 lbs||—||6.25 lbs|
An Amazon Brand.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Purchase Price: $31.86
After being a victim of identity theft I vowed to minimize my identity footprint by shredding anything that has any of my information on it. I have owned a couple of paper shredders over the years and this one so far has been my best one yet. I use it to shred junk mail, credit cards, and personal/ legal documents with ease. I was intrigued that Amazon had its own brand shredder (pictures shown).
The items you run into the machine are diagonally cross cut instead of the straight line cutting (pictures attached). Anyone with time on their hands can sit down and place all of your straight line cut documents back together which is why I recommend you stick to the diagonally cross cut feature at the least - which this one offers. Micro-cutting is the ultimate feature to have. Six pages at a time is no problem. If you do happen to jam it or it slows down because you added to many pages at one time it does have a reverse switch. It also has a safety feature that only allows the shredder to work when it is properly placed on the can - safety for yourself and any little ones. Do you have a fireplace or fire-pit? You can also easily use the shredded paper to create paper logs - Amazon sells a paper log maker.
UPDATE: 23JAN18 No problems with the product or its quality. I used gun oil to lubricate the blades and still working great.
Please Note: I did NOT receive any type of incentive to write this review. This review is my honest opinion after doing much research and purchasing this product for use. Prior to purchasing any product I conduct thorough research. "Was this review helpful to you?" if it was please select "YES" below. Thank you! :)
This is a smaller shredder with a smaller capacity waste bucket that the shredder mounts on top of. you can use a plastic bag inside to catch all the waste. It is a standard crosscut that cuts thin short strips, but not as fine as the micro-cut. It was able to cut 6 pages of 20lb paper without any problem, but it slows a little to do so- no big deal. It seems like it has good power and might be able to do more in a single pass, but I don't want to chance this- that is what the bigger shredder is for.
My impression is that this small shredder will fit the intended purpose for light duty use- a couple of papers here and there. It is priced at a steal of a deal at $30, especially if you have amazon prime and the thing ships to you in 2 days or less- shipping along on a similar package would cost about $12 bucks by UPS Ground...not Second Day Air. If you have a bunch of shredding to do, consider the bigger shredder- AmazonBasics 12-Sheet High Security Micro-Cut Paper/CD/Credit Card Shredder with Pullout Basket. That thing is like a paper grinder- works well and makes a neater generated paper waste that pours out of the can.
Great deal on a cross-cut general purpose shredder. In this day and age, there is no excuse for not making sure your personal information is secure. No paper/junk mail/etc goes in my trash without going through this shredder first.