Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AmazonBasics 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Bag
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: 60-Inch|Change

on January 25, 2014
I absolutely LOVE this tripod. I have no clue how such a versatile tripod can go for so low...but hey just one more reason to LOVE Amazon.com!!

As you can see I have no arms so I need a tripod that is lightweight but full on perks...this tripod is EVERYTHING I hoped for & then some!!!!

It is VERY easy to operate from manipulating the height to changing the swivel points for various angles. The knobs are nice & big making screwing/unscrewing very easy & effortless.

I got this for my Makayama iPad case & it works seamlessly with it.

Great product! Great pricing!! Thanks Amazon!!!!

[...]
review image review image review image review image
138138 comments| 1,624 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Size: 60-Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
One can never have "too many" tripods but few things are more infuriating than a poorly designed tripod. It's always a balancing act to find a starter or spare tripod that is affordable without being "cheap". This strikes a nice balance between affordability and function.

If you are looking at this tripod then you probably have also viewed the Vista Explorer Tripod Vista Explorer 60-Inch Lightweight Tripod with Tripod Bag. I've owned the Vista tripod (and I'm the top reviewer for it) for over three years and will say right up front, this AmazonBasics tripod is VERY similar in style, function and features. Both are affordable options that make a perfect starter, secondary or spare tripod although at the time of this writing, the Amazon tripod is actually less expensive!

Features:
Tripod bag - No, not a necessity but it's nice to have a tripod bag and frankly, the cost of most bags is nearly that of this entire unit so you really can't go wrong. This tripod bag (and the tripod) do say "AmazonBasics" so prepare to do a bit of advertising for Amazon in exchange for a great price and highly functional unit.

Quick Connect - Yes, this tripod does include a quick disconnect feature. The camera screws on top and then a lever releases/connects the plate.

Quick Hang Hook - Nice addition for those that desire it.

Ability to set-up on non level surfaces. There is small level built in to this unit which is a change from the Vista unit (perhaps that has been added in the past several years but mine is several years old). However, the level is small and hard to see so of fairly limited potential except in good lighting.

Rotates in all directions - fairly smooth but certainly not professional quality.

Ability to hold a decent sized DSLR - not just a lightweight point and shoot.

Carry handle - pick up and move easily.

Lightweight but with solid spread and decent height. Again, this is not a professional solution whatsoever but for the average hobbiest or someone that needs a spare to toss in the vehicle, this tripod will get the job done.

Really can't beat the price and features! Super starter, spare or secondary tripod.
33 comments| 410 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2014
My new point and shoot camera may be cheap but it can take Full HD videos and wide-angle hi-res still shots. I plan to annoy my friends, family, and fishing buddies by taking Full HD videos of them. For that I need a tripod. Nobody likes shaky videos.

I was surprised to learn how affordable such a useful accessory can be so before spent my 27 bucks I watched some utoob videos on how to select and use a tripod (I think I might need a monopod too!). And, of course I read the Amazon user reviews. Only SEVEN one-star reviews, as I write this, against 246 5-star reviews. The few bad reviews seemed to concern the tripod being shaky when the center tube extension was cranked up and/or the total lack of instructions.I think the two issues are related and Amazon could eliminate 5 of the 7 bad reviews by including instructions. The center tube IS shaky, even when it's all the way down, until you tighten the collar.

I had never touched a tripod before this one. It's not hard to figure out but don't clip your new camera into the quick release mount until you are sure you know how to remove and replace the mounting plate and FULLY lock the cam lever. That may be why one of the 7 reviewers that gave one star was unhappy. I have uploaded some photos to the gallery that might help locate all the locks and to tell when the quick release is seated.

Since I'm not going to be recording combat or Kardashians this Amazon Basic unit will do just fine. It's light,well made, sets up or takes down easily, and, when all the locks are tightened, very steady.

The professionals recommend hanging some weight from the center hook because it keeps the wind from wiggling everything and makes the whole assemble more resistant being knocked over by fishing buddies, especially on uneven ground. The professionals recommend using your camera bag but I plan on trying a bucket of ice and a six-pack.

With the center tube cranked all the way up the lens of my camera is 63 1/2 inches high. The quick release feature will be handy for swapping to a small telescope. It's not really quick at all if you don't have a second mounting plate and need to unscrew the plate from the camera and screw it onto the scope. The Velbon QB-4W Quick Release Platform fits the base and is nearly identical to the original plate.

I bought this tripod for my second digital camera, which is about half the size of my first one. I know there are brackets available that let you use the camera in your cell phone or tablet. You can mount spotter scopes or binoculars too. Who knows what cameras will look like 5 years from now, but I bet they will have a screw mount in the bottom and a tripod will still be a good idea.
review image review image
0Comment| 117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
I was very indecisive about buying this product after reading reviews about how it's poorly made. I was afraid it wouldn't be able to hold my canon t3i, but for the price I said why not and so far I'm loving it! I also love the fact that it comes with its own bag. Does the job, it's nothing fancy(which I didn't really care for anyways). Definitely would recommend this to my friends!!
review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon October 25, 2015
Size: 50-Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
 PROS:
Inexpensive
Bronze color looks great
Very lightweight
Perfect for point-and-shoot cameras and cell phones
Closes to 18"
Maxes at 50"
Comes with a nice canvas/vinyl bag with shoulder strap
Fully adjustable
Quick release legs

CONS:
None if you use it for its intended purpose. This is not a video tripod nor is it designed for heavy SLR cameras.

Highly recommended
77 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
I've attached several different items from small point-and-shoots to large sized camcorders(3lbs). All the different sized cameras have remained steady on this tripod.

When used with a larger sized camcorder, I did have to make a few more adjustments in order to keep everything firm. There are many different adjustments you can make in order to change the height, angle, slope, etc.

The feel of this tripod is good, but not great. Everything is basic and gets the job done but don't expect super quality. If you are looking for professional level quality, then look elsewhere; but if you just need something simple but solid, this will do.

Update(Oct 10, 2012): I've been using this tripod for a little over 5 months and everything continues to function very well. I've been using mainly moderate to smaller sized cameras with this tripod.
0Comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2015
A camera tripod has been on my Amazon wish list basically ever since I bought my fancy camera back in December 2014. But for some reason I’ve just kept it there. I’ve been worried about getting a cheap one and it breaking my camera or something.

I don’t know people, I am not a camera savvy gal- I’m strictly a wannabe in this area. I’m researching a ton and learning a lot though; that counts for something, right?

Now that I’ve been taking more pictures, and using the Periscope app, I finally justified adding a tripod to my cart.

You should’ve seen me running across the house when my boyfriend in Brown (the UPS man) dropped the tripod at my door!

Yay for making decisions! Yay for packages delivered on time! Yay for new gadgets!

I went with the inexpensive Amazon Basics tripod and also ordered a cell phone adapter, so I could use my phone on the tripod as well (for YouTube and Periscope videos).

What I love about this tripod:
• It is super lightweight, 3lbs.
• Its height is adjustable from 20 inches all the way to 60 inches, which is just perfect for what I need it for.
• It has two levels in different positions, so you can get a nice straight shot.
• Once you have the little mounting plate screwed into the bottom of your camera (or selfie adapter) you can take the camera off quickly, snap a few shots, and snap it right back into the tripod.
· It comes with a quality carrying case. Oh & it also has a nice handle on the tripod!
review image
on December 19, 2015
It works well. I made these pictures on the tripod with my NICON D3300. It is not most robust tripod, but lightweight and easy to carry.
review image review image review image
44 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2015
This thing is a ridiculous piece of junk.The legs are made of very thin and cheap plastic. When I was using it, two legs were broken , and my camera Nikon D 7000 fell down and damaged!!!! Who is going to cover the reparation cost?????
review image review image review image
22 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 27, 2012
Size: 60-Inch|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've had several Amazon Basics' items since the line was introduced. Most have been quite good. Unfortunately this tripod wasn't one of them.

The feel is cheap and plastic-y. I wasn't expecting bearings in the pan-head but the plastic on plastic mechanisms are terrible.

I tested this item with my Kodak Z990 digital camera. It weighs approx. 21 oz. with batteries.

The camera mount has a good rubber pad for your camera to sit on and the tightening screw has a butterfly head so no screwdriver or coins are needed to attach/detach the mount from the camera. The mount attaches to the tripod with a spring-loaded release arm. There is actually very little contact area on the tripod itself (only two corners) holding the mount in place, also the release arm does NOT have a safety catch.

Pan Functionality - Fully tightened down I can still, with not much effort, swing the head from left to right. Fully loosened the motion is heavy and awkward easily upsetting the tripod's position. Tightening this knob fully actually interferes with the...

Tilt Functionality - The action is not much better here. You can lock the tilt angle into place and it does stay there. There's just as much plastic on plastic drag when in motion. The arm is generously long and comfortable to grip. The side-tilt mechanism goes reasonably easily from flat to 90°. It does not lock in place well.

Leg Functionality - The legs extend and retract with mild effort. They lock into place firmly. With just the larger leg section extended the tripod is fairly sturdy. Extending the smaller leg sections dramatically increases wobble. There is a weight/gear hook for added stabilization but it is plastic and feels easily broken. The swiveling rubber feet are innovative but only held on by friction and can easily become detached. The center stabilizer locks and unlocks easily with only a quarter turn and holds in place well. There is a serviceable carry handle attached to the leg mount section.

The tripod has two bubble levels. The first, a small button level is at the top of one of the leg mounts. The second, a tube level, is just under and inch long and is under and partially obscured by the camera mount. With a camera attached it becomes useless.

The center section extends and lowers via a crank mechanisms and locks in place with a plastic collar. There is no positive safety lock. Loosen the collar and your camera comes down rapidly on its own. Extending your camera this way will only increase the instability of this tripod.

The included carry bag reflects the quality of it's tripod. Its material is unpadded and thin. It has no extra pockets and the half-inch nylon shoulder strap is also unpadded making it rather uncomfortable to carry.

In conclusion... I wouldn't recommend this tripod even as a starter for someone just getting into photography it will only add frustration to the experience. Spend a little more and get a far better tripod or spend a little less and get something of equal quality.
4141 comments| 292 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse