AmazonBasics 8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper, CD and Credit Card Home Office Shredder
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Strip-cut shred size: turns paper into 1/4-inch-wide strips at a rate of 9.84 feet per minute; meets security level P-2 standards
- Sheet capacity: shreds up to 8 sheets of 20-pound bond paper at a time (no need to remove staples or small paper clips); also destroys CDs, DVDs, and credit cards (one at a time, through dedicated slot; blades cut each disc into 4 pieces)
- Run time and thermal protection: 2 minutes on / 15 minutes off; if shredder runs continuously beyond the max run time, it will automatically shut off to protect the motor from overheating
- User-friendly design: 3-mode control switch (auto, off, reverse); easy-to-empty 3.2-gallon bin
- Support and warranty: please refer to the user manual, troubleshooting guide, and instructional video before use; backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
- Quality tested: as part of AmazonBasics quality inspections, we test every shredder before shipping it, which means you may see some paper shreds from the testing
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Paper Shredders
AmazonBasics Paper and Credit-Card Shredder for Home or Office
Shred paper documents into long, narrow strips with this AmazonBasics strip-cut paper shredder. The machine provides faster shredding, but with less data protection, compared to cross-cut and micro-cut shredders. A strip-cut shredder makes a great choice for shredding non-confidential documents like junk mail. It quickly turns paper into 1/4-inch-wide strips at a rate of 9.84 feet per minute.
Helps Protect Identity
Shredding documents has become an important part of identity protection. The AmazonBasics shredder helps reduce the chance of falling victim to the havoc and hassle of identity theft.
- Shreds multi-page documents (no need to remove staples)
- Destroys CDs, DVDs, and credit cards (one at a time, through dedicated slot)
- Auto start
- Manual reverse to help clear paper jams
- Thermal protection with auto shut-off
- Easy-to-empty bin
Shreds More Than Just Paper
There’s no need to remove staples or small paper clips from documents, and the shredder not only shreds paper, but it also eats through CDs*, DVDs*, and credit cards, rendering them useless for ultimate peace of mind.
*select shredder models
In Auto (on) mode, shredding begins once the machine detects something to be shredded, and then it stops automatically when shredding is complete. Shredded paper drops conveniently down into the collection bin below.
The Reverse function makes it possible to retrieve un-shredded or partially shredded documents, plus helps prevent paper from getting stuck, making it easier to avoid frustrating paper jams.
Thermal Protection with Auto Shut-Off
The shredder will automatically shut off to protect the motor if it runs continuously beyond its maximum run time and begins to over-heat.
|8-Sheet Strip-Cut Paper Shredder||8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper Shredder||8-Sheet Micro-Cut Paper Shredder|
|Shred Type||Strip cut||Cross cut||Micro cut|
|Shred Size||1/4-inch wide||3/16 by 1-27/32 inches (5 by 47 mm)||5/32 by 15/32 inch (4 by 12 mm)|
|Ideal for||Fast, basic shredding and light use; geared towards less sensitive information||More secure than strip-cut shredders; faster than micro-cut shredders; small enough shreds to satisfy compliance requirements for laws like HIPAA and FACTA||Higher level security: ideal for shredding sensitive information like personal identifiable information (PII)|
|DVD/CD/Credit Card||✓||Credit cards only||✓|
|Continuous Run Time||2 minutes||3 minutes||5 minutes|
|Cool Down Time||15 minutes||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|Sheet Capacity (20-pound paper)||8 sheets||8 sheets||8 sheets|
|Bin Capacity||3.2 gallons||4.1 gallons||4 gallons|
|Noise Level (decibels)||70 dB||68 dB|
Compare with similar items
NOTE: Few models might not have Credit Card marking on them but they are fully functional for shredding Credit Card.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Also, sometimes it doesn't even cut all the way through. I found this is because there's a staple. The description says no need to remove staples.. Sure, but it you want it to shred it, then you need to.
Also, you have to pull the paper through the back manually. For whatever reason, it doesn't leave the device until the next sheets are being put through, making removal of shredder to empty the trash can a bit messy.
Credit cards (one at a time). Didn't cut through.
CD's.. didn't test that feature. Hubby said just microwave them. Lol
However, I use mine to make the PERFECT fire starter for my wood burning stove insert, in order to heat the chimney up quick so the fire doesn't smoke back into the house. I lay fatwood on top of the strips of paper and it starts them up and they in turn start the kindling up, which starts the pine up, which once it's glowing, I can toss my hard wood on top of. Fire starting has never been easier.
If you get to aggressive or run it too fast for too long it will shut itself off for 8-10 minutes until it completely cools down. So be aware that if it suddenly stops and appears to be broken, feel the top to the left of the main switch. This area will be very hot, but not so much that it burns your hand. Turn it to off (the middle position) and let it sit for awhile. It's a safety feature, and it works very well, just be aware that it is not broken.
The trash can it comes with fills up quick and could be larger, but I can't knock the shredder, especially since the right side as you are looking down on it expands so you can put it on a larger trash can such as a rectangular kitchen trash can.
I would not recommend this product if you will be shredding documents on a weekly basis. I have been using this shredder for home use for the past 2 months. Maybe 10-20 papers each week. I have found that the papers get jammed a lot and for whatever reason I’m unable to put a document down the middle of the shredder, I have to fold it up and shove it in on one of the sides. I have spent more time trying to jammed documents i jammed. I only bought this shredder because I didn’t want to spend more money compared to the others and it seemed like reviews were decent. Prior to this shredder I had a different one that lasted 10 years and never gave me any trouble, but unfortunately it died.
- small/compact, easy to tuck it away
- it says it can shred 8 papers at once, but I don’t believe it. Maybe the first 2 or 3 times but after that it won’t shred the documents or you will have to push the forward/reverse buttons over and over to get it to shred. In the beginning I would put 3-4 papers at once and it did fine, but now I’m only shredding one piece of paper and it gets jammed.
Top international reviews
Bucket and shreder don't seem to be compatble. If buck fall of the floor, all shredded paper will spread on the floor.
Shreder head can be easly taken off from bucket, so it is not safe for anyone who has toddler at house
however the only downside is that the container gets filled up too fast.
I think you can purchase another separate bin for it as it does have the ability to extend its arms laterally to fit a larger bin!
Although I avoid paper strip-shredding (least secure; preferred cross or micro-cut) but I used it to shred 3.5" floppy diskette's magnetic materials. Too bad it could not completely shred a 5.25" floppy diskette.