Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 871 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 918 reviews
on December 22, 2012
I noticed only ONE person had mentioned this and it was hard to find, for it was in text. PS3 charging cables can tricky to find that work while gaming. TY for the one that posted it, but I put mine in the subject to further assist future consumers looking for the same. ITS a great quality cable. So good I will use it rather than my ps3 original that had been left at home accidently over the holidays, from now on. For its much longer than the original which makes it easier to use if your controller dies and you want to continue gaming. If it works on ps3 I cant imagine it not working on any other device being ps3 is so demanding.
on December 31, 2010
Bought this controller for my PS3 controller and it works like a charm, even when plugging into my PC for use with PC games. Little pricier than what you can get but the quality is very nice and more than worth the price.
on July 28, 2014
My favorite USB cable. I refuse to even lend it to friends or family for even a few seconds to synchronize their PS3 controllers. Other cables I had used previously were short or flimsy, the plugs would wear out and become loose, but that is certainly not the case for this very well made cable. I purchased this over a year ago, and it still fits snug on both ends, and feels new, never loose. Having it in 6 foot length is also a major benefit. I can now do all of my PS3 gaming without ever having to unplug my controller at all, while still having plenty of room to sit back comfortably and move around. Never having to unplug, means no additional wear to the plugs or the game controller.

I have also used it for transferring files on a USB hard drive and the speeds and data accuracy have been even better than many USB cables at even less than two feet in length. This cable defies the common theory that the shorter the cable, the better data speed capability. My only dislike is strictly cosmetic. I am accustomed to thinking that the printed logo side of the plug should logically be the "top", but on this cable, it is the opposite. Perhaps that was a choice by Amazon, so that their branding would not cover the universal USB logo on the opposite side of the plug. I do like the Amazon logo, which adds to the feel and quality of the cable, making it easier to grip and offering a more solid feel overall, it is just not easy to get used to plugging it in logo-side down, which feels like counter-instinct.
on February 18, 2014
I don't want to go into too much detail here because I have already spent at least a couple of hours providing reviews of the items I have in my list of purchases from Amazon tonight and I'm getting tired.

But, here goes...

In the late '80s and early '90s a consortium of companies developed Universal Serial Bus (USB). The core companies (Intel, DEC, IBM, etc.), sent the open protocol to many companies with promising engineers to "beta-test/develop" the software device-drivers/layer to incorporate the soon-to-be "standard" in to multiple operating systems.

Universal Serial Bus was the first connectivity solution to truly be "hot" plug and play. Before that, we used to call it "plug and pray".

The basic 4-pin connector guaranteed safety since the outer ground pin of the 4-pin connector was longer than the power pin and the 2 inner pins which carried the data engaged last after any static electricity was dissipated.

IF you have a USB 3.0 device on both ends, AND you have a USB 3.0 cable, you should see a maximum gain of throughput of 10x over USB 2.0. In reality you might typically see a transfer speed of 6x over USB 2.0. Keep in mind, there is a layer of software "regulating/controlling" all activity.

Bottom line: for USB 2.0, this cable won't in any way be the bottle-neck.

Quality cable for any price.
I purchased this cable for a USB hub that had somehow lost its own cable during a move. The quality of this cable is visibly superior to that of all my other comparable cables, in terms of the construction of it and materials used. It is slightly thicker than my other cables, and the vinyl utilized is clearly of a very good quality. This cable is six feet long, which comes in handy compared to so many other similar cables I own that range from a measly six inches to only three feet.

I tested the cable, and it works, as expected. However, if by any chance it had been faulty, I had no concerns about being able to return it for an immediate, timely replacement because it is both marketed and sold by Amazon. Their guarantee and return policy for defective merchandise cannot be beaten.
on September 25, 2013
I own a VOIP service that I could not use for about a year because of bad reception until I decided to replace the cable a couple of weeks ago. I went to several stores to buy the cable, but they were too expensive. I decided to go to amazon.com, and purchased the AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to Mini-B Cable (6 Feet / 1.8 Meters) for less than 1/3 of the store prices. I am glad I did. I received a better quality product for a great price. I expected it to arrive in 5-9 days, but received it in two (2) days. WOW! I just snapped it in and obtained the best reception ever since I have been using this service. It is so clear that I don't use my cell phone at home like I use to. In addition, I do not have to have a cell phone for my home bound folks any more. I could not imaging that just a cable could make such a big difference. This cable is of excellent quality. I would recommend it to all who need to replace their USB to Mini cable (s). Thanks to amazon to carry such a great product at such a great price.
on October 12, 2014
I've thrown many of this type of cord away over the years, as they always seem to develop problems connecting. I bought this to replace a problematic and frustratingly short cord for my drawing tablet. Why didn't I do this sooner! Simple cord, nothing special, but it's a perfect length, seems like a high quality cable, plugs in firmly, and doesn't have any intermittent connection problems even if u wiggle it in all directions, which is a problem I've had with many other cords. Fast delivery, cheap, and works flawlessly.
on November 25, 2013
I needed a cable for my TI-84 Plus Silver, but wasn't sure if this would work. One wouldn't think it would be difficult to find a cable for a calculator, but the reviews I read always seemed inconsistent. I just want it to be known that I have a TI-84 Plus Silver and this cable fits the calculator.

Now I can finally download some apps!!!
on May 6, 2017
This cable worked well for my needs. Seems to be of good quality and I would purchase again if I needed another one.
on December 26, 2013
I had WD-160GB external HDD and somehow the original Cable stop working. So I was looking for USB mini Cable and after searching a lot I selected Amazon brand with the hope it will be a good cable which will work with External HDD but after getting this cable when I connect to my Extrnal WD-HDD I was really disappointed, it doesn't work with External HDD. Then I went to local Frys and bought a cable with encloser. That cable works perfectly with both my old enclose as well as the new enclose.
I ordered for return but then Amazon was paying $1.5 only as I avail free shipping with a purchase fo 25, so then I drop the idea of returning.
This cable works for all general electronics but not with External HDD which requires USB Mini cable. Interestingly this product is well marketed with Amazon logo and the picture but not worth for the price for general purpose electronics, you can get such cable from any dollar shop.