Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition $79.99. Limited-time offer. Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 14, 2015
Upon receiving this bag I discovering some very shoddy stitching on the handle. After pulling the camera bag out of the box and grabbing the bag by the upper handle as it was intended the stitching on the handle actually pulled out. Other than this the bag appears to be of good quality. I obviously returned this bag and was sent another one in its place.

Pull out the 2nd camera bag and wouldnt you know it same thing happened again. Grab it by the handle and the stitching pulls out very very easily. Its quite disappointing to see Amazon put their company name on something of such poor quality. I might just deal with it and not return it either way its unfortunate.
review image
22 comments| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
I received the backpack yesterday and went on a walk with several lens and some other accessories in the backpack. When I arrived home I lifted it by the top handle and it ripped out and I almost dropped $3000+ of lens on the floor. NOT happy.
review image review image review image review image
1111 comments| 415 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 25, 2010
 UPDATE AS OF June 2015:
Nearly FIVE YEARS later, I am glad to report that this bag has held up tremendously over the years. Besides a few rips and tears in the fabric (due to rough handling on vacations and excursions), the bag is still protecting my gear! I've since traded out some of my equipment and adopted new camera lenses. This bag still handles anything thrown at it. Without a doubt, this is one of my favorite Amazon purchases to date. I hope everyone continues to find my review helpful (man this was shot when I was still in high school!).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE AS OF 1/9/11:
This bag is still doing wonderful, but I thought I should update you guys on the gear it is holding. Currently, it is holding my Canon Rebel XTi (w/ battery grip), Canon EF 70-300mm USM, Canon EF-S 55-250mm IS, Canon EF 50mm f/1.8, Canon EF 28-80mm, and Canon EF-S 18-55mm. As well, it is holding my Canon ZR930 MiniDV camcorder, Canon Rebel 2000 film SLR, filters, pouch of accesories such as chargers, memory card reader, etc, and a few little items. This bag seems to hold whatever you throw at it! Still a 5 star bag!

I added a video to this review to show the amounts of gear able to be stored in this bag.

I have been looking to purchase a camera backpack for my SLRs, lenses, and other accessories, and I had narrowed it down to the Canon 200EG backpack. I loved the compact size to the bag, but the large area inside for about two bodies (a must) as well as excess room for lenses. I tried the bag out at Best Buy, and I was about ready to purchase it on Amazon, until this bag came up as a recommended choice. It looks identical to the Canon, but without the giant 'steal me' Canon logo. Reviews for this bag backed up my choice, so I figured I would try this baby out, and if I din't like it, just return it for the Canon.

Little did I know, this bag exceeded my expectations with features much better than the 200EG. For one, the extra padding on the shoulder straps. You also get a belt strap to support your back with heavy gear. I'm about 5'3" and the bag fits snug and comfortably.

The exterior is made of a durable material, which should hold up against rain. The interior is padded very nicely to secure your gear in the bumpiest of my bike rides, which is nice. The zippers are sturdy, although I wish they were easier to put a lock onto. Lets talk about what this bad boy can hold. I am able to fit my DSLR Canon Rebel XTi (w/ battery grip) in the main slot, my film Rebel 2000 infront of the XTi, my PowerShot P&S, my MiniDV camcorder, 75-300mm telephoto lens, 28-80mm walk-around lens, and 18-55mm kit lens, with room to spare! In the meantime, I keep my chargers, minidv tapes, and remotes in the open spot. That is until I invest in a flash unit. If you pack everything right, you can easily pack three SLR bodies, three lenses, a P&S, and other gear in the bag. The top mounted pockets is home to my filters, memory cards, cables, and cloths. The side of the bag can hold a tripod safe and securely. You can also find spots for a phone, or even fit a small notebook pc (more likely a netbook) in the main pocket. Which is nice considering there is no laptop slot.

All in all, this bag is highly recommended in my opinion. Keep it in mind in your searches, and don't click away because it is Amazon branded. It's higher quality than my old Lowepro!
5150+ comments| 1,035 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2016
This camera backpack offers a lot of storage in a compact form. The size is not far off from a standard backpack.
I was able to carry everything I needed with this backpack. You can move around velcro dividers to your liking.
There is a lot of padding on the part that ouches your back and shoulder straps that makes for a comfortable wearing experience. Best of all is that is can stand straight up without falling when loaded or empty.

There is so much room to work with you will not be disappointed. To give you a better example of what you can fit here is all the equipment I have inside:

Main Compartment:
-Two flower shades
-Panasonic GH4 battery grip
-Panasonic External power supply
-LCD magnifying viewfinder
-Neutral density spin on filter with adapters
-Cellphone camera mount

Upper zipper:
-2 usb chargers
-2 usb cables
-car adapter cables
-additional power wire for OEM chargers

Side pockets:
-v210 charger
-T3I charger

Outside large zipper:
-This is where I actually keep my snacks!
-And lav mic
(I have much more room here!

Outside smaller zipper:
-Rectangle glass filers
review image
Looking at the pictures with camera equipment in the bag is hard to judge size since lenses and camera bodies come in all sizes. I thought I would have more room than I do, but it still holds a fair amount of gear. Here is what I was able to get in mine and it fits 'just right'. I will note the filter sizes to give you an idea of the lens size.

Sony A77 With 16-50mm F2.8 lens (72mm)
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM (77mm)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-16mm F/2.8 (77mm)
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di USD XLD (62mm)
Metz MZ 44316S 44 AF-1
Coast HP7 High Performance LED Flashlight (in case, stacked on top of flash)
Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster, Large (stacked on the Tamron lens)

I positioned the partitions so that I can fit the body with either the Sony, Tokina or Sigma lens attached and the Tamron sits just above it. The other two lenses sit vertical to the side. I had to 'scooch' all the dividers over to get my lenses to fit so I have to put my flash in sideways and stack the flashlight on top. (NOTE: the divider will not hold the weight of a lens by itself, so if I am using my camera, I need to move the Tamron lens to the bottom so it doesn't fall through). I also have a Small Rogue FlashBender which fits perfectly in the larger front section of the bag. Then I have a 6 piece filter holder in the very front next to my Shutter Release Timer Remote Control. On the inside clear pouches, I put other miscellaneous like batteries, ring adapters, microfiber cloth, etc.

Unfortunately, the chest and waist straps are pretty much useless. The chest strap sits really high and is almost around my neck. The lower strap ends up being around my belly... these are supposed to be designed so that you can rest the bag weight on your hips.... this bag is too small for me to make that a practicality. I'm 5'11" and 210 lbs, so it may work fine for smaller folks. The shoulder straps are comfortable, but since I cannot use the waist strap or chest strap, I don't think I will be taking this on hiking trips. I wish I could make a hybrid bag with this and my North Face day pack. Even though it does fit all my gear, I was hoping to use this for hiking trips and not being able to use the chest and waist strap will make this hard on my shoulders on extended hikes. If you will just be using this for touring around a city or just for something to store all your gear in one place, this should serve the purpose, but unfortunately its not going to be comfortable enough for me on long hikes.

UPDATE: I was able to position the chest strap so that I wasn't strangling me, but on my second day out, the stitching came apart and the strap broke. I'm not sure if the weight of my stuff (13 lbs) is more than this is designed for, but I wouldn't think so. If this is a sign of things to come, I'm not thrilled about the idea of a more critical strap coming apart sending my camera gear sailing to the ground. I tried the cheap route and it didn't work, so I'm coughing up the extra dough for a Lowepro bag.
on August 28, 2014
This thing can't be beat for a price-to-benefit ratio! I am able to fit the following items in this thing:
Camera body
Camera battery wall charger
12AA batteries for the speedlights
4AAA batteries for the wireless triggers
Wireless trigger hotshoe mount
Two wireless trigger speedlight mounts
Multiple flat-packed speedlight softshoe covers
Plenty of SD cards, IR-triggered shutter release remote, straps, rubber bands, micro-fiber cloths, etc.

This thing has TONS of room inside. The shoulder straps are very comfortable. The chest and torso straps are adjustable for most average sized people. Straps on the back/flap accommodate water bottles or other items and a pair of side straps allow you to holster a smaller tripod or other similar sized item. There are two inner pouches on the flap and two outer pouches as well.

For the price, this thing can't be beat. The build quality seems solid out of the box. The only "blech" part is that all of the zipper handles are emblazoned with the "Amazon Basics" logo. But that's a small price to pay as the handles are a nice soft-touch rubber that allows for easy handling.

This is a GREAT camera bag/backpack!
on December 7, 2014
I purchased the AmazonBasics Backpack as a replacement for my well worn, world traveled, Canon 200 EG backpack. After reading all of the reviews, I was extremely optimistic that it was a cost-effective alternative. Unfortunately, the Basics is a basically poor copy of the 200 EG. Made in China, the Basics appears to be reasonably nice bag. Unlike the 200 EG it has a rigid foam frame and appears more "camera like" for better or worse. The outer nylon doesn't appear as durable as the 200 EG and the outer pocket is little more than a zipper attached to a slice in the fabric (unlike the 200EG's outer pocket which is eminently useful). The middle pocket is a little better, though not as useful as the 200 EG. The main compartment is roomy although unlike the 200 EG it is laid out such that the camera body rests at the bottom with the lens sticking up rather than the more convenient "top down", body up. The Basics does have a pair of roomier inner zip pockets made of a strange laminated plastic which feels cheap. Perhaps the greatest downside of this bag is the mediocre and narrow backpack straps. Compared to the 200 EG, the basics' straps are thinner and the foam is of much poorer quality. Load this backpack up with a pro body, a couple of long lenses, and it screams shoulder pain. While the 200 EG isn't a high end bag, I find it travels well, holds a lot, and despite the Canon logo, it appears and carries more like a backpack. One can find the 200 EG for approximately $8 more and at that price point the 200 EG appears to be a better buy.
on March 8, 2015
Amazonbasics never disappoints and same is the case with this backpack. The camera bag is worth its price. I already have a Lowepro Fastpack 250 Camera backpack which I carry when I am going out of the town. It’s a little bulky for daily use.
However, the Amazonbasics backpack is just what I want !!! It accommodates the camera with a lens and up to 4 more lenses (and I have only two extra!!).
A few features:
➢ Light weight and compact.
➢ Ample storage space
➢ Made of very good polyester/nylon material.
➢ Has some other compartments for smaller accessories
➢ Tow large zippered pockets inside for small items, notebooks, filters etc.
➢ Side straps for holding a tripod
➢ Cushioned back as well as the shoulder straps so that one wont feel strain while carrying all day long

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DSLR BACKPACK FOR DAILY USE.
review image review image review image review image
Enthusiast: Photographyon January 20, 2015
I have been looking for a new camera bag for a few months. Sure, lots of choices but nothing that I thought would "fit". I came back to AMAZON and actually narrowed down my options to three choices (all measured in inches):

Limostudio Portable DSLR Camera Case ($49)
External 17 x 12.3 x 8 - Internal 13.6 x 11 x 5

Polaroid Studio Series SLR / DSLR Camera Backpack ($32)
External 12.20x 7.65x 15.35 – Internal 9.85 x 6.25 x 14.15

Evecase Professional DSLR Camera Backpack ($43)
External 10.0 x 15.5 x 7.0 – Internal 9.0 x 14.0 x 5.5

I like the Limostudio but, believe it or not, I thought it would be too big for my needs. It does appear to be a very good option for someone looking for a very large backpack style camera bag. I like the look/style of the Evecase, and it has some nice options but the $40 range was really over my budget. The Polaroid made it in to my final list mostly because of the price. It has about the same internal dimensions as the AMAZON but I wasn’t sold on the styling.

I had looked at the AmazonBasics Backpack, but ruled it out in an early round. After I compared the four backpacks I opted for the AMAZON. For $30 it has modest dimensions, external 15.6 x 11.5 x 7.2 - Internal 14.75 x 10 x 5, and a simple styling that appealed to me.

I got the backpack today – the size is perfect. The photos on the website don’t show all the features that this backpack has – lots of storage pockets, sections, etc. My gear will fit perfectly. The construction feels sturdy. The interior partitions are easy to remove and configure to suite all needs.

Majority of my photography is on-the-go, whether it is sporting events or nature scenes. I just started celestial photography, which is why I needed a larger case. My current kit consists of a Canon camera body with battery hand grip extension, 2 lenses, speed light flash, attachments for the telescope, charger, extra batteries, two filters, cleaning supplies, and some other odds-and-ends.
on June 5, 2017
I fit 2 cameras in the bag with several lens. I use canon 80D with charger, batteries, neewer battery adapter, and canon SL1 with charger and batteries. Everything feels very protected. The bag is lightweight and comfy on the shoulders, even when fully loaded. It has side clips I attach a tripod to and I'm all set! I used the bag at a comedy show taping a client and it made the trip much easier with this bag.