Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 4,844 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,149 reviews
on February 1, 2015
I received the backpack yesterday and went on a walk with several lens and some other accessories in the backpack. When I arrived home I lifted it by the top handle and it ripped out and I almost dropped $3000+ of lens on the floor. NOT happy.
review image review image review image review image
88 comments| 309 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 14, 2015
Upon receiving this bag I discovering some very shoddy stitching on the handle. After pulling the camera bag out of the box and grabbing the bag by the upper handle as it was intended the stitching on the handle actually pulled out. Other than this the bag appears to be of good quality. I obviously returned this bag and was sent another one in its place.

Pull out the 2nd camera bag and wouldnt you know it same thing happened again. Grab it by the handle and the stitching pulls out very very easily. Its quite disappointing to see Amazon put their company name on something of such poor quality. I might just deal with it and not return it either way its unfortunate.
review image
11 comment| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2014
I purchased this bag as an upgrade from my venerable Canon 2400 SLR gadget bag as I outgrew its small size. I have recently refocussed my photography efforts toward outdoor/nature photography and decided I needed a new bag to carry my growing collection of lenses and accessories. Here's what I think of it:

Size:

This bag, upon first impression, actually seems a bit on the small size until you open it up. There is a lot of room in it for a number of different lenses, bodies, and accessories. This is what I got in it right now: Canon Rebel T2i, Canon 18-55mm kit lens, Tamron 70-300mm VC, Sigma 105mm Macro, Tokina 11-16mm, various wires, charger and accessories, a collapsible light diffuser/reflector, and a travel tripod strapped to the side of the bag. If I took out the wires which I really don't need I could easily fit another large lens. But let's get down to business, how many lenses can you really fit in this thing? If they were all the size of the kit lens or the Tokina, I could probably fit at least 7 since they can be placed in the bag standing up (when the bag is on its back). And that's of course with the T2i body. Now if you have all lenses the size of the Tamron or Sigma, you might be able to squeeze 4 in the bag depending on how you do the layout. And if you have really large lenses, expect even fewer. This is something to keep in mind, especially if you're thinking of doing wildlife and nature photography like I am. You're going to need some big lenses to get those great shots, and they take up a lot of room.

Construction:

This bag is built tough. Even though I've only had it for a month, you can tell the quality of the materials. The really nice part of it is that the interior is customizable, so you can change the layout to fit all the lenses and accessories you have. Plus, I love the side tripod straps. That makes keeping everything together on a simple hike so much easier.

Protection:

I can't say that I dropped the bag full of equipment or otherwise did something that would normally be regrettable yet, but I can say that it looks well enough padded to absorb hits and drops. Outside of falling backwards with the bag on my back, I think it will protect my equipment well.

Design:

At first, I was hesitant buying a backpack style bag as I always liked to carry my camera with a side bag. However, the benefits of putting the weight on your back instead of one arm has a great advantage. It doesn't tire your arms when you want to hand shoot stuff! Plus, you can keep your equipment on your back at all times, even when shooting. I can see this being a great advantage out in the 'field'. It does have one disadvantage as you have to take the bag off your back before getting to the equipment which adds time, sound, and movement (something that may be problematic when shooting skittish wildlife).

Overall:

This bag seriously can't be beat when you factor in the price. It's even cheaper than the sale price for my old Canon bag! I can't yet judge its durability as I haven't had it long enough, but just for its ease of use and large size I'd readily buy one a year if I had to.
Enthusiast: Photographyon November 23, 2016
I wanted a smaller, easy bag to carry my grab and go social media kit, and this backpack exceeds every expectation. For the $$, not sure how it could be a better value. It holds my A6300 body, 2 lenses, flash and accessories, tripod, head, boom mic, my 13" laptop, personal stuff, batts, memory cards, chargers. There is still a slot available for a small LED video light! I'm 5'10" and skinny, and it fits me comfortably. Padding seems adequate, and there are plenty of Velcro dividers to configure it endlessly. It seems sturdy, the stitching and the top handle is solid (unlike some other reviewers, so maybe that issue has been purged). I've only had it out a few times, but the design is good and I'm confident about carrying my equipment with it. This isn't a big rucksack camera bag. If you have a DSLR with lots of glass, maybe this isn't the eight choice for you, and you'll need to pay up. But if you're looking for a great, medium sized daybook pack, this is it.
review image review image
on December 26, 2014
I was expecting a bigger backpack, but I guess you get what you pay for. I filled the backpack very quickly and I felt a little awkward carrying this on my back. I'm 5'11" and this looked like a grade school backpack that you would buy for your kid. Granted if you're a small build or you're very petite. This backpack would be great for you. The stitching on the backpack needs some work but I guess the pack is okay. I have posted some pictures of my laptop backpack and this one so you can see the difference in size. I have had my Swiss for 4 years and it has been through hell and back. I carry it daily and toss it around and tug on it, you will see the wear on it. This camera backpack I have only had it for less than three months and has already started giving out on me. My advise is if you carry your camera, a few lenses, a flash, batteries and a tablet. Don't buy this bag! If all you carry is your camera and the lens on it, then stuff a few snacks in it and you're a small build. You'll be fine with this backpack.
review image review image review image
on May 1, 2016
The price exceeded my expectations, but unfortunately the bag did not. I purchased this bag about 5 months ago and only took it out to a national park once in January where I only used it on back for about 30 minutes, the rest of the times I would use my camera I would just leave the bag at home since I didn't need my accessories and extra lenses. I don't know if weight is factor here as I have a total of three lenses in this bag, a small tripod, three batteries, lens wipes and of course a Canon 6D.

Well today, I grabbed my bag out of my closet to prepare for a trip and sure enough the handle broke off!!! I don't know if I can get this item returned or replaced (worse case scenario) but I don't feel comfortable now using my Canon 6D with this bag.

*update 5/6/16 - I decided to contact customer service since I realize I had warranty on this item. The entire chat lasted no more than 5 minutes and now I am getting a replacement bag. Although I am skeptical that this bag may break on me again, I am satisfied for now that there were no issues asking for a replacement. It is a "basic" bag so I accept the fact that I am getting "basic" quality from this bag. Hopefully it lasts more than a year this time. Since customer service was quick and excellent, I'm increasing my star rating to 3 from 1.
In reality, the bag should be a 1 star and the customer service is a 5 star.
review image review image review image review image
on January 14, 2011
Purpose

Before you purchase a pack for your camera gear, you have to decide WHY you want the pack. If you want to hike into the boonies for an overnight camera shoot, this is NOT the pack for you. It is too small. This pack has no room for overnight gear.
If you want to carry all possible gear to be able to photograph anything that comes down the trail, this may not be the pack for you. It is too small. Consider wheeled photo case for this type of job.

If you want a pack to carry your camera body, a couple of extra lenses, maybe a flash and a few other assorted must-have goodies, keep reading. You may have found your pack. I consider this pack to be an ideal size. On most trails, I only need a wide-angle lens for the scenics, a telephoto lens (and maybe a tele-extender) for wildlife, and a macro lens. This all fits into the pack nicely, along with a sandwich, trail mix, a 16-oz coffee container, and wind/rain jacket. Taking any more than this is not only overkill for the mission, but it is also heavy. Again, this pack is an ideal size for a day hike.

Potential Pack Problems

I have worn out a lot of packs in the last few years. Sometimes the pack material has worn out. This pack SEEMS as if the material is strong enough and protected enough that this should not happen. One frequent problem with packs is that the zippers are not heavy-duty. Although a zipper will occasionally give you warning that failure is imminent, having a sudden breakage five miles into a trail is just not fun. The zippers on this pack seem to be of good quality. However, there is no weather strip covering the zipper. Rain could seep in, although I haven't had the pack out in the rain yet.

Another problem I have had with packs in the past is that the straps will tear off where they are attached to the pack. It is difficult for me to tell how well constructed this portion of the pack is. Only time will resolve this issue. While a broken strap could be a tragedy in the field, I have never seen a strap break suddenly. The rips in the strap extend slowly, giving the user plenty of time to replace the pack. Padding for the This pack's padding for the camera and other gear appears to be as good as any camera pack I have used. The padding between the pack and the wearer is also good.

I have had several side-release (Fastex) buckles break in my life, but that is never a mission killer. Besides, the buckles are the only part of a pack (that I am aware of) that is user replaceable if they break. The buckles on this pack all seem to be of standard grade plastic and should not cause undue problems.

The Big Problem and Solution

All buckles on this pack are set up to be easily adjustable by simply pulling the strap or pulling up on the quick-release end of the buckle. Well, they are all set up that way EXCEPT the buckles on the waist strap. For some inexplicable reason (at least to me), this pack is set up with an extra triglide adjuster on the right side of the waist strap that makes it impossible to easily adjust the length of the waist strap. If you look at the pictures at the top of the main page, the triglide adjusters are the plastic pieces found to the left and right of the buckle on the picture showing the waist belt.

When the triglide adjuster is attached to the right strap (the side with the male part of the buckle attached), the strap cannot be pulled tight, nor can the quick-release mechanism on the male side of the buckle operate to release the tightness. Changing the length of the strap is possible, but it is very cumbersome.

I took the triglide adjuster completely off of the right strap on my pack and the straps now work as expected. [Note: the strap was also not properly wound around the male side of the buckle when I took to triglide off. The picture at the top of the main page shows the proper way to assemble the strap around the buckle.] I suggest you do the same.
Suggestion
Other than removal of the unnecessary triglide adjuster, the other change I would like to see in future versions of this pack is the addition of some kind of weather protection. A pack poncho attached to the top of the pack in a zippered retainer pocket would be a good way to keep weather off of expensive camera equipment during a hike in questionable weather, which is usually a great time to get some awesome pictures. But carrying a small poncho or even a garbage bag would accomplish the same thing, albeit much less elegantly.

Conclusions

I expect any pack to last no less than two years, but I always hope to get five years out of one before it wears out. I fully expect this pack to measure up to my expectations.
I like this pack. It fits me. Because of its size, I cannot carry a lot of unnecessary (and heavy) gear, but it will carry enough gear for a single day hike. If I need more equipment, I carry it in my large, wheeled camera case and leave the case in the vehicle, carrying in the pack only what I need for the shoot.

Pros:
1. Excellent size for day hike.
2. Comfortable
3. Good camera padding
4. Handle on the top
5. Zippers appear to be heavy-duty
Cons:
1. The "belt strap" can't by tightened on the fly (but read text for a work-around of what I consider a major design flaw)
2. I have doubts about the ability of the camera compartment to protect the gear from rain: (a) non-protected zippers; (b) no inner lining for the main camera compartment; and (c)no built-in poncho.
3. There is a piece of stretchable fabric on the chest strap that seems to be a bit fragile.
11 comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 18, 2016
Unlike others who have purchased this bag I bought it as a secondary camera bag because my primary camera bag is getting full. As a secondary bag this definitely fills the bill. It is small but every thing I have put in it fits well and it has two rather nice zipper storage compartments inside the bag and another two small compartments that is velcro sealed on the outside and another two compartments in the first level zipper compartment. I think if you use this bag like I am you will be quite happy with it. If you are planning on making this your primary bag then I think you will be disappointed because the bag is smaller than what the photos make it look like. I would not store a laptop in it because the part where you can store it as it does not have much padding on the outside. Note: While it can hold a monopod/tripod on the outside I would not put anything that has any significant weight on it. This is a solid secondary camera backpack bag. Fast shipping time by Amazon!

Pros: Has two zippered compartments to store things like batteries, compasses, remotes,etc.
Has two inside compartments to store things.
Has two outside velcro small storage compartments
Can store at least one camera and a couple of lens
Has more than enough storage compartments to store your photography knick knacks
Very good price for what you get

Cons:

Not a lot of outside padding to protect your equipment or a laptop if you store it in the top compartment
Bag is smaller than you would like for a primary do all camera backpack bag
Certain professional DSLR camera(s) may not be that well protected in bag because of small size
Because of size a professional tripod may not stay in place when hiking with backpack bag

Summary: If you own a lot of camera equipment and you use this as a secondary storage bag you will be more than satisfied with it. Solid value well worth the purchase price.
on July 14, 2013
I have the canon backpack and large bag so I wanted to see if I could save some money and purchase his bag.

For the most part it works. However if you have a larger camera such as a 5d or 6d the bag is just too small. This bag also feels very cheap. When you are carrying several thousands dollars of equipment you want a bag that feels strong and secure. Which is not this bag.

This bag also only has room for two camera bodies and three lens. The only extra room I have is for my batteries and charger. There is no room for extra cables or flashes. I also can attach a tripod using the outside straps...Only after the first day one of the straps fell out due to its poor design.

For the money you pay you get that in a case. Nothing amazing but it will hold some of your gear.
on September 25, 2013
Because of all the BOGUS durability reviews fot this bag, that are more than likely left by employees of other RIDICULOUSLY PRICED bag manufacturers, I was hesitant to buy this bag initially. Now, after realizing how nice and reasonably priced this bag is, it really pisses me off that I almost got tricked into buying one of the rip off bags due to fake durability reviews left here. And just to be 100% sure, when I did finally buy, I decided to wait a year until I posted a review.

So (almost) a year later, I can honestly say that this is, BY FAR, the best deal for a new camera bag that you will find.

DURABILITY: Amazing! Don't believe the other reviews that say the handles and straps rip. I call BULL s***. I USE HEAVY PROFESSIONAL GEAR. The HEAVIEST pro gear you can fit in this bag. Full size pro bodies and full size pro lenses, and my bag is packed full! Nikon D3, 80-200mm AFS (the BEAST), 85mm 1.4D, SB-800, extra D3 batteries, etc, etc. All of my gear that I carry around in this bag is HEAVY. After almost a year, it's PERFECT. The zippers, the straps, the handles, the padding, everything.

This is the best deal you will find for a professional style photography equipment bag, and YES, it's DURABLE.