Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,011 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,346 reviews
on May 14, 2015
Upon receiving this bag I discovering some very shoddy stitching on the handle. After pulling the camera bag out of the box and grabbing the bag by the upper handle as it was intended the stitching on the handle actually pulled out. Other than this the bag appears to be of good quality. I obviously returned this bag and was sent another one in its place.

Pull out the 2nd camera bag and wouldnt you know it same thing happened again. Grab it by the handle and the stitching pulls out very very easily. Its quite disappointing to see Amazon put their company name on something of such poor quality. I might just deal with it and not return it either way its unfortunate.
review image
22 comments| 133 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
I received the backpack yesterday and went on a walk with several lens and some other accessories in the backpack. When I arrived home I lifted it by the top handle and it ripped out and I almost dropped $3000+ of lens on the floor. NOT happy.
review image review image review image review image
1111 comments| 410 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2015
Just got it today, will update this if my opinion changes.

First impression was that it's very small, like it's built for a child. I am by no means a big person, but i had to loosen the shoulder straps almost all the way to have the waist strap reach my waist, and then the backpack looks ridiculous because it only reaches my shoulder blades. I am new to photography so I definitely don't have enough stuff to fill the backpack, but it looks like it could hold everything i would ever want.
review image
For the price, this is absolutely a fantastic bag. However, for my needs, I probably should have spent a little more money and gotten the AmazonBasics camera/laptop backpack, as this bag is proving to be frustrating small.

Pros:
Plenty of pockets, durable, well made, nice looking, small enough to not be a hindrance on long car trips, dividers are well cushioned and there are plenty of them for customizing, velcro holds well, zippers have protective covers, bag is flexible all around (which is good, as I explain in the cons section), tripod straps can handle a decent size tripod, straps have lots of cushioning and lumbar support.

Cons:
- Bag is pretty small, and I don't have a particularly large amount of stuff to fit in there - a 70-200mm lens, D5100, 17-50mm, 50mm, 2 SB-600s, and three pocket wizards JUST barely fit in here, and that is with the camera absolutely stuffed in - this is where the fact that the entire bag is flexible becomes an advantage, but then the bag looks all lumpy where things are poking out. Even one inch bigger all around would have solved this. Now, if you are kit lens user and maybe have an extra 70-300 style of lens, then you will have plenty of room.
- Bag's straps fit in an odd way - the straps are too long or too short or something, and it ends up riding really high up on my back, which is uncomfortable on long treks. I will keep playing with the straps and see if I can fix this.
- No little pockets - despite the fact that the bag has many well-designed large pockets (mostly zippered), it lacks little pockets within those enclosures for holding things like SD cards, cleaning brushes, pens, etc. There are a couple, but the last camera bag I had (the Nikon gadget bag) had a bunch. So now my batteries and SD cards just kinda bang around inside one of the bigger pockets. I will be buying an SD card wallet, but was hoping the avoid that.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like this bag, its just not perfect. One more lens, and I will have to replace it - but, it was only $30, so for now it will do just fine. I will definitely buy another (bigger) AmazonBasics bag, though, based on the quality of this one.
on August 9, 2016
Since I didn't see any reviews geared more toward those purchasing this as a carrying case for the HTC Vive.

The backpack is sturdy. There is one main large pocket-compartment, another wide (albeit flat) pocket next to it, a smaller pocket on the front, and two side pockets for peripherals. The backpack itself is quite small-ish.

The main compartment is very well padded, with soft pads on the back and completely around the sides, along with the adjustable pads which you can use to create your own padded compartments in the main pocket.

Now, the main question: Does everything fit? YES, but it's a very snug fit. I've attached a picture of how I was able to fit the largest components inside to help you too.

A couple of notes: There are straps to add a tripod on the side, but it doesn't work too well when you're trying to fit 2 of them in there. I think it might be better utilized as a strap to hang a headset (if you're using a large one). I actually mount my two tripods on the bungee cord on the front, though it's not as secure as I would like. I may end up buying lighter tripods (The ones I have are pretty heavy-duty).

The power cords actually take up quite a bit of space, and I put all 3 in the second-largest pocket next to the main compartment. I put the controller-chargers in the side pockets.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. If anything changes, I'll update the review.
review image review image
on April 13, 2017
This seems like a nice enough bag, but I dummy like that there is no padding on the interior front.

I'm springing for the CaseLogic bag.
on December 7, 2014
I purchased the AmazonBasics Backpack as a replacement for my well worn, world traveled, Canon 200 EG backpack. After reading all of the reviews, I was extremely optimistic that it was a cost-effective alternative. Unfortunately, the Basics is a basically poor copy of the 200 EG. Made in China, the Basics appears to be reasonably nice bag. Unlike the 200 EG it has a rigid foam frame and appears more "camera like" for better or worse. The outer nylon doesn't appear as durable as the 200 EG and the outer pocket is little more than a zipper attached to a slice in the fabric (unlike the 200EG's outer pocket which is eminently useful). The middle pocket is a little better, though not as useful as the 200 EG. The main compartment is roomy although unlike the 200 EG it is laid out such that the camera body rests at the bottom with the lens sticking up rather than the more convenient "top down", body up. The Basics does have a pair of roomier inner zip pockets made of a strange laminated plastic which feels cheap. Perhaps the greatest downside of this bag is the mediocre and narrow backpack straps. Compared to the 200 EG, the basics' straps are thinner and the foam is of much poorer quality. Load this backpack up with a pro body, a couple of long lenses, and it screams shoulder pain. While the 200 EG isn't a high end bag, I find it travels well, holds a lot, and despite the Canon logo, it appears and carries more like a backpack. One can find the 200 EG for approximately $8 more and at that price point the 200 EG appears to be a better buy.
Looking at the pictures with camera equipment in the bag is hard to judge size since lenses and camera bodies come in all sizes. I thought I would have more room than I do, but it still holds a fair amount of gear. Here is what I was able to get in mine and it fits 'just right'. I will note the filter sizes to give you an idea of the lens size.

Sony A77 With 16-50mm F2.8 lens (72mm)
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM (77mm)
Tokina AT-X Pro DX 11-16mm F/2.8 (77mm)
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 SP Di USD XLD (62mm)
Metz MZ 44316S 44 AF-1
Coast HP7 High Performance LED Flashlight (in case, stacked on top of flash)
Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster, Large (stacked on the Tamron lens)

I positioned the partitions so that I can fit the body with either the Sony, Tokina or Sigma lens attached and the Tamron sits just above it. The other two lenses sit vertical to the side. I had to 'scooch' all the dividers over to get my lenses to fit so I have to put my flash in sideways and stack the flashlight on top. (NOTE: the divider will not hold the weight of a lens by itself, so if I am using my camera, I need to move the Tamron lens to the bottom so it doesn't fall through). I also have a Small Rogue FlashBender which fits perfectly in the larger front section of the bag. Then I have a 6 piece filter holder in the very front next to my Shutter Release Timer Remote Control. On the inside clear pouches, I put other miscellaneous like batteries, ring adapters, microfiber cloth, etc.

Unfortunately, the chest and waist straps are pretty much useless. The chest strap sits really high and is almost around my neck. The lower strap ends up being around my belly... these are supposed to be designed so that you can rest the bag weight on your hips.... this bag is too small for me to make that a practicality. I'm 5'11" and 210 lbs, so it may work fine for smaller folks. The shoulder straps are comfortable, but since I cannot use the waist strap or chest strap, I don't think I will be taking this on hiking trips. I wish I could make a hybrid bag with this and my North Face day pack. Even though it does fit all my gear, I was hoping to use this for hiking trips and not being able to use the chest and waist strap will make this hard on my shoulders on extended hikes. If you will just be using this for touring around a city or just for something to store all your gear in one place, this should serve the purpose, but unfortunately its not going to be comfortable enough for me on long hikes.

UPDATE: I was able to position the chest strap so that I wasn't strangling me, but on my second day out, the stitching came apart and the strap broke. I'm not sure if the weight of my stuff (13 lbs) is more than this is designed for, but I wouldn't think so. If this is a sign of things to come, I'm not thrilled about the idea of a more critical strap coming apart sending my camera gear sailing to the ground. I tried the cheap route and it didn't work, so I'm coughing up the extra dough for a Lowepro bag.
on August 28, 2014
This thing can't be beat for a price-to-benefit ratio! I am able to fit the following items in this thing:
Camera body
Camera battery wall charger
12AA batteries for the speedlights
4AAA batteries for the wireless triggers
Wireless trigger hotshoe mount
Two wireless trigger speedlight mounts
Multiple flat-packed speedlight softshoe covers
Plenty of SD cards, IR-triggered shutter release remote, straps, rubber bands, micro-fiber cloths, etc.

This thing has TONS of room inside. The shoulder straps are very comfortable. The chest and torso straps are adjustable for most average sized people. Straps on the back/flap accommodate water bottles or other items and a pair of side straps allow you to holster a smaller tripod or other similar sized item. There are two inner pouches on the flap and two outer pouches as well.

For the price, this thing can't be beat. The build quality seems solid out of the box. The only "blech" part is that all of the zipper handles are emblazoned with the "Amazon Basics" logo. But that's a small price to pay as the handles are a nice soft-touch rubber that allows for easy handling.

This is a GREAT camera bag/backpack!
on March 8, 2015
Amazonbasics never disappoints and same is the case with this backpack. The camera bag is worth its price. I already have a Lowepro Fastpack 250 Camera backpack which I carry when I am going out of the town. It’s a little bulky for daily use.
However, the Amazonbasics backpack is just what I want !!! It accommodates the camera with a lens and up to 4 more lenses (and I have only two extra!!).
A few features:
➢ Light weight and compact.
➢ Ample storage space
➢ Made of very good polyester/nylon material.
➢ Has some other compartments for smaller accessories
➢ Tow large zippered pockets inside for small items, notebooks, filters etc.
➢ Side straps for holding a tripod
➢ Cushioned back as well as the shoulder straps so that one wont feel strain while carrying all day long

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS DSLR BACKPACK FOR DAILY USE.
review image review image review image review image