Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Ritter Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,004 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,345 reviews
on May 14, 2015
Upon receiving this bag I discovering some very shoddy stitching on the handle. After pulling the camera bag out of the box and grabbing the bag by the upper handle as it was intended the stitching on the handle actually pulled out. Other than this the bag appears to be of good quality. I obviously returned this bag and was sent another one in its place.

Pull out the 2nd camera bag and wouldnt you know it same thing happened again. Grab it by the handle and the stitching pulls out very very easily. Its quite disappointing to see Amazon put their company name on something of such poor quality. I might just deal with it and not return it either way its unfortunate.
review image
22 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 1, 2015
I received the backpack yesterday and went on a walk with several lens and some other accessories in the backpack. When I arrived home I lifted it by the top handle and it ripped out and I almost dropped $3000+ of lens on the floor. NOT happy.
review image review image review image review image
1111 comments| 410 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2015
Just got it today, will update this if my opinion changes.

First impression was that it's very small, like it's built for a child. I am by no means a big person, but i had to loosen the shoulder straps almost all the way to have the waist strap reach my waist, and then the backpack looks ridiculous because it only reaches my shoulder blades. I am new to photography so I definitely don't have enough stuff to fill the backpack, but it looks like it could hold everything i would ever want.
review image
on September 8, 2017
Excellent travel back pack for cameras. I can carry two M43 cameras, one with super zoom and another with wide angle zoom, and room to spare for camera straps and another lens. To me it is a travel bag and not photo shoot bag where I can switch from one camera to another. One has to put the bag from back to the floor and change. Who wants that during shooting? For shoot one needs shoulder sling / strap bag. I like to carry my 2 cameras on straps and use them when I need it while I leave the back pack in the car. Also I can use backpack if I am backpacking / day hiking. This is a bargain camera back pack. can't beat the price. I love velcro dividers and velcro straps to prevent items from falling from compartments. Only draw backs are the should strap. Too small .. and I am only 5'8". The shoulder straps should be longer and the chest strap should be lower. Only draw back.
on December 10, 2016
I bought a friend one of these in 2013 and he had carried it to Alaska, the Smokies, the Canadian Maritimes and other places. Before I ordered mine, I asked him if it met all his needs and would he change anything. His answers were "yes" and "not a thing". It's early days yet but so far my experience is the same. I have room for all my camera gear, including a zoom lens, tripod and a Speedlite. I like the waist belt because it stabilizes the pack. The shoulder straps are well padded and hand carrying by the top handle is a useful alternative. The movable dividers allow easy customization. And there are plenty of pockets inside and out. The only small minus has been that when I adjust the shoulder straps to suit me, the chest strap is under my chin and thus not useful. Can't figure how that is possible but anyway I would not use it except in the most extreme terrain.
on May 23, 2017
Using this for my Nikon D3300 DSLR camera and it's great. I can fit all my accessories in it : charger, two lenses (not including the one attached to the camera, 3 sets of filters, spare batteries, cleaning accessories, cables etc. I still have room for more - in fact I believe I'll be able to fit my little action camera, charger and accessories in here also when I go on vacation. The interior compartments can be customized to fit whatever kit you may have. I flipped the foam inserts upside down so the camera itself is at the top of the bag. I can fit my tablet (Amazon Fire) easily into the exterior pocket - which is useful.
I'm a hobby photographer so this bag is a good value for me and will be very suitable for my usage, it looks well made and feel substantial enough for me.
For the price, this is absolutely a fantastic bag. However, for my needs, I probably should have spent a little more money and gotten the AmazonBasics camera/laptop backpack, as this bag is proving to be frustrating small.

Pros:
Plenty of pockets, durable, well made, nice looking, small enough to not be a hindrance on long car trips, dividers are well cushioned and there are plenty of them for customizing, velcro holds well, zippers have protective covers, bag is flexible all around (which is good, as I explain in the cons section), tripod straps can handle a decent size tripod, straps have lots of cushioning and lumbar support.

Cons:
- Bag is pretty small, and I don't have a particularly large amount of stuff to fit in there - a 70-200mm lens, D5100, 17-50mm, 50mm, 2 SB-600s, and three pocket wizards JUST barely fit in here, and that is with the camera absolutely stuffed in - this is where the fact that the entire bag is flexible becomes an advantage, but then the bag looks all lumpy where things are poking out. Even one inch bigger all around would have solved this. Now, if you are kit lens user and maybe have an extra 70-300 style of lens, then you will have plenty of room.
- Bag's straps fit in an odd way - the straps are too long or too short or something, and it ends up riding really high up on my back, which is uncomfortable on long treks. I will keep playing with the straps and see if I can fix this.
- No little pockets - despite the fact that the bag has many well-designed large pockets (mostly zippered), it lacks little pockets within those enclosures for holding things like SD cards, cleaning brushes, pens, etc. There are a couple, but the last camera bag I had (the Nikon gadget bag) had a bunch. So now my batteries and SD cards just kinda bang around inside one of the bigger pockets. I will be buying an SD card wallet, but was hoping the avoid that.

Don't get me wrong, I still really like this bag, its just not perfect. One more lens, and I will have to replace it - but, it was only $30, so for now it will do just fine. I will definitely buy another (bigger) AmazonBasics bag, though, based on the quality of this one.
on August 9, 2016
Since I didn't see any reviews geared more toward those purchasing this as a carrying case for the HTC Vive.

The backpack is sturdy. There is one main large pocket-compartment, another wide (albeit flat) pocket next to it, a smaller pocket on the front, and two side pockets for peripherals. The backpack itself is quite small-ish.

The main compartment is very well padded, with soft pads on the back and completely around the sides, along with the adjustable pads which you can use to create your own padded compartments in the main pocket.

Now, the main question: Does everything fit? YES, but it's a very snug fit. I've attached a picture of how I was able to fit the largest components inside to help you too.

A couple of notes: There are straps to add a tripod on the side, but it doesn't work too well when you're trying to fit 2 of them in there. I think it might be better utilized as a strap to hang a headset (if you're using a large one). I actually mount my two tripods on the bungee cord on the front, though it's not as secure as I would like. I may end up buying lighter tripods (The ones I have are pretty heavy-duty).

The power cords actually take up quite a bit of space, and I put all 3 in the second-largest pocket next to the main compartment. I put the controller-chargers in the side pockets.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. If anything changes, I'll update the review.
review image review image
on April 13, 2017
This seems like a nice enough bag, but I dummy like that there is no padding on the interior front.

I'm springing for the CaseLogic bag.
on December 7, 2014
I purchased the AmazonBasics Backpack as a replacement for my well worn, world traveled, Canon 200 EG backpack. After reading all of the reviews, I was extremely optimistic that it was a cost-effective alternative. Unfortunately, the Basics is a basically poor copy of the 200 EG. Made in China, the Basics appears to be reasonably nice bag. Unlike the 200 EG it has a rigid foam frame and appears more "camera like" for better or worse. The outer nylon doesn't appear as durable as the 200 EG and the outer pocket is little more than a zipper attached to a slice in the fabric (unlike the 200EG's outer pocket which is eminently useful). The middle pocket is a little better, though not as useful as the 200 EG. The main compartment is roomy although unlike the 200 EG it is laid out such that the camera body rests at the bottom with the lens sticking up rather than the more convenient "top down", body up. The Basics does have a pair of roomier inner zip pockets made of a strange laminated plastic which feels cheap. Perhaps the greatest downside of this bag is the mediocre and narrow backpack straps. Compared to the 200 EG, the basics' straps are thinner and the foam is of much poorer quality. Load this backpack up with a pro body, a couple of long lenses, and it screams shoulder pain. While the 200 EG isn't a high end bag, I find it travels well, holds a lot, and despite the Canon logo, it appears and carries more like a backpack. One can find the 200 EG for approximately $8 more and at that price point the 200 EG appears to be a better buy.