BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(2 star). See all 5,226 reviews
on January 13, 2013
I first used this for my new RCA Blu-Ray player/surround sound system via audio input from Verizon Fios HD box. I found that the audio lagged after about five minutes of changing the channel and then audio cut in and out between television commercials. For the second application I used it to connect a Philips sound bar to my Verizon Fios HD box, the only sound which was produced was a loud feedback squeal. Very unsatisfied. I expected more from a company like Amazon, but I guess the price I paid reflects the quality of the product.
on October 5, 2012
This cable seemed fine at first, but over the course of its 13 month life, it repeatedly had issues with audio quality (running from a Vizio 47" 3D HDTV to a Vizio VHT 215 soundbar). I'm sure a handful of the problems came form the soundbar as well, but regardless, the cable died completely right after it went out of warranty.

You get what you pay for - I'm trying a bluerigger optical cable (another cheapo one) this time around, and hoping it lives more than a year. If not, I'll have to spring for a pricer one next year when the new one dies.
on December 7, 2014
Maybe it's me, but my other optical cables 'click' in. This one doesn't seem to do that and can come loose/disconnect easily. Not sure if it's a fault with just mine or intended that way.
on December 8, 2015
I've bought many cables in my life. A lot of them have been horribly flimsy. This was the worst of them all. Perhaps I got a bad cable, because normally Amazon offers good stuff, but this was a sham.
on November 2, 2014
I was unable to make this cable work in the application I was hoping. Attempted to use in conjunction with a converter to go from analog to optical audio and I couldn't make the converter or this cable work. It might work fine in a completely digital audio scenario
on March 12, 2013
These did not fit well into my Samsung TV, or into my PlayStation 3, which were the two devices I was trying to connect together. The port on both of these devices were too small to fit this cable. I pushed the cable in as tightly as I could, and was able to make them stay with some effort, though unsecured. If the cable gets bumped for any reason, one end typically pops out.
on January 30, 2015
Well I got these cable cause of the reviews but the only problem I have with them is that they don't stay in the port.
If I move the sound bar it falls out
I wound not recommend it spend a few extra dollars and get a better one.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2013
I am a big Amazon fan. So, I was very disappointed that this cable did not properly fit a new Vizio TV and a new Denon receiver. Would not snap into place and easily fell out with a slight touch.
I noticed at least one other person had a similar problem with a Vizio TV. But this failed not only on the TV but also on the receiver.
on December 22, 2012
bought this cable to connect my apple tv to my stereo receiver so i can play with stereo sound. 3 of us have tried to get this cable to fully connect to the apple tv, but it keep losing connection and even falling out if you bump the unit (not a good thing with a toddler around). pretty useless as a result, going to try the belkin for a better fit.
on February 22, 2015
They work but for the hifi or audiophile, spend more money. They crackle and pop at an annoying rate even with gentile curves and no pinch point. You get what you pay for and it's worth paying a little more.