Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AmazonBasics Electronic Flash for DSLR Cameras (Ca..." and save 7% off the $27.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Cameras & Camcorders Accidental Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- No deductibles or hidden fees
- Free ground shipping on all repairs
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
AmazonBasics Electronic Flash for DSLR Cameras (Canon, Nikon)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- External flash for taking professional-looking photos in low-light conditions; compatible with Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras
- 3 flash modes for versatility: M, S1, S2 (Manual mode, Slave mode 1, and Slave mode 2)
- Standard PC synchronous port (input) for off-camera connecting; wireless sensor for triggering flash from a distance
- Tilts up to 90 degrees; rotates up to 270 degrees
- 8 levels of flash-brightness control; automatic saving function retains current flash settings; hot shoe stand and carrying bag included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Electronic Flash for DSLR Cameras
When it comes to low-light photography, the electronic flash makes it easier than ever to take professional-looking photos. Compatible with Canon and Nikon DSLR cameras, the electronic external flash offers exceptional convenience for novice and professional photographers alike.
Note - This product requires 4 AA batteries (not included)
Power light will appear red when fully charged and green when charging.
- 3 flash modes: M, S1, S2
- Standard PC synchronous port (input)
- Sensitive wireless sensor
- 8 levels of flash-brightness control
- Automatic saving function retains flash settings
- Hot shoe stand and carrying bag included
3 Flash Modes
No need to always shoot flash from on top of your camera. The versatile AmazonBasics unit offers three flash modes, including the option to use it off-camera as a slave. The three flash modes include M, S1, and S2 (Manual mode, Slave mode 1, and Slave mode 2).
M mode works by setting the flash on a camera’s hot shoe to activate. Pressing the camera shutter triggers the flash.
S1 mode offers an off-camera option, which allows for a variety of lighting effects and works in a manual-flash environment. An S1 flash fires at the same time as the master flash—similar to results when using a radio trigger.
S2 mode offers a second off-camera option that allows for a variety of lighting effects, but it works best in a TTL (through-the-lens) flash environment. An S2 flash fires at the same time as the master flash’s second flash vs. first flash.
User Friendly + Angle & Brightness Control
An automatic saving function retains the flash’s current settings for enhanced efficiency and convenience. The unit’s standard PC synchronous port (input) allows for easy off-camera connecting, and its highly sensitive wireless sensor makes it possible for the camera to trigger the flash at a distance.
The AmazonBasics Electronic Flash tilts at wide angles to ensure subjects are perfectly lit. The flash can be tilted from 0 to 90 degrees and can rotate up to 270 degrees.
Achieve the perfect amount of light thanks to the unit’s eight levels of brightness control. Simply press +/- to raise or lower the power to move between the following levels: 1/128, 1/64, 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and 1/1.
In the Box
-Electronic Flash for DSLR Cameras
-Hot shoe stand
Compare with similar items
An Amazon Brand.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
BTW, I use mine with a Canon 5D Mark II.
Pros: Optical trigger, low price
Cons: No zoom, not even push/pull. the guide number is VERY low. This flash has about as much reach as a pop up flash but unlike the pop up you can swivel it or use as a slave.
Included stand has a tripod mount which is very useful.
Optical trigger is very sensitive and has a wide catchment area, meaning the flash does not have to be line-of-sight with the flash on your camera to trigger. You can turn down your on-camera flash or diffuse it heavily and this unit will still fire.
The only downside to this unit is it's lack of TTL metering (meaning it has to be manually adjusted) and radio wireless control (meaning you have to fire your on-camera flash to trigger it remotely). However no flash at this price point has those features. This is unbeatable for the money.
Bottom Line: Great Flash, Great Features, I would purchase again.
Returned for credit.
- Easy to use
- Charges fast
- Decent feature set
- Excellent price
I really wanted to like this flash, however...
- Flimsy PC connector
- Neither S1 nor S2 slave modes work consistently
- Power levels were not linear as inverse powers of two. Sometimes steps are half of the previous and sometimes not.
Sent back to Amazon for replacement and...
- Amazon was very responsive and the replacement was received within a few days
- Slave modes worked on copy #2
- PC sync fitting was still very loose from the factory
- Flash failed completely after less that two dozen firings
When I attempted to replace with a third copy, I was told by customer service that the flash had been pulled from active listing for evaluation of faults. I was given a refund and will not be purchasing again.
Check out this flash in action on youtube. Just search for this model number on youtube!