Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

AmazonBasics External Hard Drive Case
Style: External Hard Drive Case|Size: 1-Pack|Change

on February 28, 2014
I have several of these case to carry my WD My Passport external HD while travelling. Note that the medium case is only slightly larger then the small one. See the photos that I uploaded for the difference.
review imagereview image
398 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERon December 28, 2016
This is good case for newest 2016 WD My Passport, I used it for my old (2013) WD My Passports too.
There are many good reviews about this product, so I added few photos for you to look at it.
Overall, I am very happy with this purchase, and it is well worth the five stars rating!

To sum up, I listed some Pros and Cons below.
Pros:
1. Very well-made product.
2. The product price is reasonable.
3.Well-designed product and does its job perfectly.

Cons:
1. None so far

If this review is helpful to you, please help me by clicking the “Yes” below; this would really encourage me to give better reviews in the future. Thank you very much =)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
183 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
on December 31, 2016
Slightly misleading. I purchased the "regular" size as the description seems to state that it fits the Seagate Slim drives. That was kind of my fault for not reading the dimensions of both options. It does fit, but with so much extra room that it slides up and down, therefore the drive doesn't feel very secure. I ordered a second one upon seeing comparisons from other reviewers, this time choosing the "My Passport" version. It fits the Seagate Slim perfectly. I wanted to exchange the previous one I purchased, but Amazon just refunded me for it. (Thank you for being overly generous!)

Both products are great, and made very nicely, surprisingly. An inexpensive way to keep drives safe. However, don't make the same mistake I did. If you own the Seagate Slim, the "My Passport" version is the one that will fit, not the regular one. Check the image uploaded: top is regular size, bottom one is "My Passport" size.
67 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2015
It works great for the price. My only note on this is I would say it should be referred to as a "rigid" case and not a "hard" case. When I think of a "hard" case I think of something that does not flex much at all. This case is fairly flexible. I use mine for carrying around a Toshiba Canvio Connect 2 TB portable hard drive.
69 people found this helpful
on November 21, 2015
This review is for the larger-sized case, called: "External Hard Drive Case"
It's a well-made case, and the price is right, but it is tough to gauge which drives fit. And just because a drive "fits", doesn't mean it fits well. Although the description says it fits Seagate drives, and this was technically true - My Seagate drive did fit, but there is too much room inside and the drive sloshed around (resulting in potential damage to the drive).

I returned this larger case, and opted instead for the smaller sized case (AmazonBasics Hard Carrying Case for My Passport Essential, which fit my Buffalo and Seagate drives perfectly. See my attached pics for size comparison.
You are welcome :)
review imagereview imagereview image
58 people found this helpful
on December 23, 2016
Yes, the new style WD My Passport drives fit. Here's a 4TB drive. The drive fits comfortably, but anything larger wouldn't. This is a quality protective case, though not heavily padded, but that would add additional thickness and make it less suiting to my needs.
27 people found this helpful
on June 21, 2014
I have the Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh Portable External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology this came with a small travel bag, but i wanted something stronger to carry this External Battery and the fit was a little tight but it fit, i love the construction of this case, the zipper seems to be very strong so i believe this should last me a long time.
review imagereview image
42 people found this helpful
on March 21, 2015
The case is good, fits perfectly with Seagate Backup Plus. It looks durable and cheap.
PS: Look at how USPS deliver you packages
174 people found this helpful
on December 2, 2014
Great product for the money. I bought it for a passport, but ended up using it to store my Amazon Fire Stick TV. Holds everything that came with the Fire Stick so i ended up ordering another for the original purpose.
17 people found this helpful
on November 25, 2017
A hard shell case with solid built quality which offers great protection for your external hard drive while on the go. Very compact and fits easily in a backpack or small bag. Has an inner compartment to securely store your USB cable, which lets you have all of your accessories in one place which is very convenient. Overall great buy at a great price and would highly recommend it.
review imagereview imagereview image