Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 5,072 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,264 reviews
on December 8, 2015
im crying happy tears. i spent money on all these other off brand wires and this Amazon Basics wire finally worked. I plugged it in to my ps4 into my monitor (i have an acer g226hql) AND I SAW THE LOGO POP UP AND I WAS SO HAPPY CAUSE ALL I NEEDED WAS ONE WIRE AND IT WAS UNDER $10. THANK YOU AMAZON BASICS FOR HOLDING IT DOWN WITH THE $7 WIRE . U DA TRU MVP
on December 6, 2014
It works! I purchased a new monitor and wanted a duel monitor set-up. My computer didn't have the another DVI connector. So my old monitor (HP 2009m) uses the original DVI connector. While my new monitor (AOC e2050Swd 20-Inch Class Screen LED-Lit Monitor) uses the HDMI port with the DVI connector in the back of the monitor.
on November 3, 2015
works as designed. no issues at all. have one monitor connected via regular HDMI cable, other with the amazon HDMI to dvi.
on July 28, 2017
I ordered this and only used it probably 3-4 times before it failed completely. The last time I successfully used it, one of the bolts that screw into the video card to secure it, broke off in the video card and had to be removed.

The next time I tried to use it, the side that the bolt had broken on had began coming unglued from the plastic housing, exposing some internal wires. I decided to attempt to use it again and couldn't get a video signal. It was then that I saw both sides had become unglued and the connector was only holding on to the plug housing by the delicate internal wires, 2 of which I could see had become dislodged from their solder joints making this useless.

Now I have to find a replacement but I doubt I will use another Amazon basics cord after this epic fail! It's caused me alot of problems now and I am losing work time because of it. They should send me a new one for free!
on October 3, 2015
Using for computer with dual monitors. Had a short, box-type adapter that resulted in a lot of ghosting - unbearable with text. This cable cleaned that right up and plugs in nice and solid. We needed a longer cord and were nervous about going 9', but it works well! Have speaker wires, second monitor, power cords, and wireless mouse/keyboard receiver close to it and we get no interference. GREAT!

CAUTION: Be careful when buying HDMI cables. We use AmazonBasics HDMI cables for the TV and multiple computers and like their plugs. We have had a cheap cable ruin the inside prongs to one of our TV ports as it bent them when plugging it in. Very expensive to fix - luckily our TV has 3 ports so we're good. We have never had this problem with an AmazonBasics HDMI cable whether for computer or TV.
on July 5, 2016
AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters)

I was looking for a cord for Raspberry pi 2 to plug into an older monitor that did not have an HDMI port. I was not looking to watch movies on the monitor just mainly do some programming work. I came across this product which has a HDMI to a DVI connector. I bought the 6 foot version of this product. The cable feels thick and the end connectors feel solid. The cable connected to the raspberry pi was able to deliver 1080i output to the monitor. The price of this cable vs going to Best Buy was easily 1/3 of the price. The cable does what it's supposed to and I am satisfied with my purchase. I am giving the product five stars as the price was very good and the cable feels well built.
on December 1, 2015
The product is perfect; it is what it is supposed to be. Nice length, solid build quality, and everything else that a cable needs to be. But for me, I guess I just got unlucky because my second monitor would just go black randomly. It's been doing it ever since I started using the cable; that is, from the very beginning. So, after finally guessing that it's not my laptop's graphics card nor my monitor, I could only assume it was the cable. Lo and behold after switching cables I have not experienced a random black screen as of yet. Not every cable is perfect and sometimes they just don't work right. But this was a waste of my money as a college student that could've went to food or something; I've no one to blame for that, though. It is also somewhat annoying and frustrating to have your monitor go out at the most random of times while typing a paper or doing something rather important. Either way, great product, great price. I just got shafted with a faulty cable.
on September 7, 2015
Just received this cable and almost immediately hooked it up. I connected the one end into the marked HDMI port on the back of my tower (XPS 8500) and the other end into the DVI port on the monitor. NO picture. So I had to reconnect the DVI connection and try to figure out what the problem was. I couldn't find an answer except one suggestion was to reboot the computer. I shut it down completely with the DVI connected and before restarting I connected the new adapter. Luckily I got a message on the screen referring to the video connection. I turned the tower so I could fully see the back and sure enough there was an HDMI connection not marked but apparently linked to the video card. Viola!! That did the trick and the picture is better with the adapter. So to all who are technically challenged like I am and you think the adapter didn't work, you may need to do what I did. I had no idea there were two HDMI connections on the back of the tower.
on January 30, 2016
Having bought a new monitor during Black Friday, I was in need of a HDMI to DVI cable to connect my laptop to the monitor and this was one of the better reviewed cables on Amazon, being an AmazonBasics cable, I was happy to buy it for the price, and has served me well for the the time that I have used it.

It comes in the AmazonBasics Packaging and was like the packaging described, frustration-free. I did some quick research as to whether the VGA to HDMI or DVI was better, and wanted to help potential buyers make their decision on which one would be better for them. DVI has in the span of time, come out more recently than VGA, and overall from the articles that I read concluded that DVI was king, now at least over VGA due to VGA being analog, and should be avoided unless that is your only option.

DVI, though does not carry audio, but being computer monitor's don't usually have speakers as well, especially in the lower price ranges, so this was a perfect choice. Coming in at 6 Feet, I knew it would be sufficient for my room, connecting my laptop to the monitor was a short distance, but connecting my Xbox to my monitor was another problem, but this was cutting it close, but still managed to connect it which was impressive.

Overall, I can recommend this DVI to HDMI adapter cable by AmazonBasics, due to its reliability, and expected high-quality. If you are wondering if this will work with your computer, then feel free to ask a question and comment, and I will try to answer it, with my limited knowledge.
on June 6, 2016
I work from home. I connect my laptop to a PC monitor. Well the cord I had suddenly broke (I strongly suspect my 3 year old had something to do with that); noticed this on a Saturday morning. Boyfriend went to the local Wally World and picked up a cord. I was not impressed with their price but new I needed something by Monday. I figured I'd check out Amazon and see what I could find.

There this lovely thing was; three bucks cheaper, a foot longer AND as I'm a Prime Member said would get to me by Monday.

Ordered and figured I'd return the other on Tuesday.

This cord was in my possession BEFORE noon on Monday.

Yep, I'm pleased as punch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.