Truck Season Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

AmazonBasics Hard Carrying Case for 5-Inch GPS - Black
Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on June 27, 2012
I was expecting a smaller case just for the nuvi but I've found that it can accommodate both the nuvi (in the mesh pocket) and the power cord.
review image
154 people found this helpful
on September 16, 2015
Very disappointed in the quality of this fabric coated cardboard like case. It is not hard at all and does not offer much protection for my Garmin nuvi 55LMT GPS. The good part is that both cords fit into the case with the GPS unit, suction cup mount does not (didn't expect it to), but the case is very cheaply made. I could've bought a similar one from Hong Kong for half the price, but would have it to wait a month for it. It's no big deal and I'm going to keep it, but I just wanted warn others who would want something more substantial. Prior to the purchase, I was looking at the Caseling Universal Electronics/Accessories Hard Travel Carrying Case, which is a bit more expensive, but looks to be better made. I would've bought it if I knew in advance of the poor quality the Amazon Basics Case was.
review imagereview image
19 people found this helpful
on June 24, 2015
My 5 inch Garmin GPS fits in with plenty of room to spare along with the power cable. It is not hard as a rock but hard enough to protect and is well made. The GPS slides in behind the sleeve with the screen towards the case (so it does not face the other side of the case where the adapter goes) and then in the bottom wider part you put the power cord so that the plug is opposite the thinnest part of the GPS. This is the best way to fit it in (I learned it when my wife put it in the case one day vs what I was doing.) The window mount cannot fit in. (At least I can't figure out how.) But for me, I only want to protect the GPS screen when I am on a trip and I put it away withing the vehicle. As far as cases go, it is really all you need and it is a bargain to boot. My Garmin GPS came with no cover at all (unlike the old days) so you absolutely need a case to protect it. I bought a second one for my daughter's GPS I gave her. I took off one star because the window mount cannot be stored inside but this is the same for many cases. Just being fare, it is not perfect. For me though I use another mount so it does not matter, but if you expect to get everything in (Window mount included) it isn't going to happen.
on May 3, 2016
Bought to hold my 5-inch Garmin GPS. The GPS unit with ball socket attached fits nicely into the mesh pocket located in the cover, keeping it from rattling around. The power cord easily coils up on the other side. The windshield mount doesn't quite fit due to the diameter of the suction cup base and a lack of space once the other two components are in the case.

This is your typical semi-hard case good for protection from miscellaneous dings in the car or your suitcase, and it makes it easy to carry the GPS from one place to another. Might or might not protect against sitting on it, and definitely not if it's stepped or driven on. It's what I expected, the price was right, and I think it'll do the job nicely.

This is my sixth or seventh AmazonBasics purchase, and I've been happy with all of them so far.
on May 11, 2018
I recently purchased a Garmin 50LMT-HD (5") and needed a case so I can put it in my purse when not in use. I went with the Amazon Basics because I have purchased an Amazon Basics camera bag in the past and it was very nice - this GPS case wasn't any different. It has a nice hard case (still a bit flexible) on the outside and the inside is lined with a soft material to prevent screen scratches. It also has a separate mesh "pocket" inside as well. I actually put the GPS in the pocket and the cord for it in the main section. I am glad I purchased it (initially wasn't going to). The price and quality are great!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on May 7, 2015
Awesome product for my Garmin nüvi 2555LMT and I'm extremely satisfied.

I'm one of those people who loves the convenience of having a portable GPS that isn't my primary phone and I'm always wary of leaving it in the car when I go into a restaurant or venue. This product does a great job of storing the GPS unit, the primary charging cable as well as the quick guide manual that came with the device.

The shell provides a good deal of protection (don't expect it to last a drop in water though, it isn't waterproof) to normal everyday wear and tear and drops for reasonable heights. The one thing I should note though is that its just enough room for what I mentioned above; you CAN'T fit the actual suction cup or friction mounts inside of these.

Otherwise I really like this product and consider it a must have for anyone who owns a GPS device.
|0Comment|Report abuse
 I can't say if the separation between the GPS and the car charger will prevent the car charger from scratching the GPS. It seems like it will though (The car charger also doesn't have any sharp edges). I feel there should have been another piece of material on the other side to keep the car charger in to make me feel positive that the car charger wouldn't scratch the GPS screen. You can always turn the GPS around, and the plastic zipper will not scratch the screen when inserting it. The fabric protecting the GPS seems to be sufficient, although I would have preferred it come up a little higher to completely cover the screen.

The material of the exterior shell usually holds up in the sun. If you've ever had one of those Case Logic Nylon CD cases Case Logic CDW-92 Nylon CD/DVD Wallet 100-Capacity (Black), you'll know that this material stands up extremely well to heat. Leather or faux usually doesn't stand up as well. BTW, Amazon also makes a faux Leather version, but you can only fit the GPS in. You'll have to find somewhere else to store your car charger. AmazonBasics Faux Leather Carrying Case for 5-Inch GPS I personally prefer to keep everything together. Hope this helps.
85 people found this helpful
on June 7, 2014
This item is sold as a GPS carrying case and it does the job perfectly, but it can be used to store many other delicate items as long as they fit in. I have had this for more than a year and no problems so far.

Pros:
- It is made of a considerably rigid material (thick cardboard or something like that) and a good quality synthetic fabric coating. If you put this in a confined area where it sits with other items, the rigid material protects the possible damage or scratches that comes from outside

-There is a pocket type separated area where I put the actual device (you may prefer putting notes and other stuff in as well). It is of elastic structure and keeps the device tightly in place so that it does not jump around in the case. Besides I put the device facing outwards and this ensures any additional stuff you put in the case does not scratch the actual gps screen (for me no additional screen protector is needed)

-The interior is quite spacious and the GPS charger can easily be put in that space with all cords and everything.

Cons (nothing major but still something to mention)

-Although it is rigid and that prevents harm from outside mostly, it does not have a soft pillow type buffer zone to minimize the impact so if that item falls from 5-6 feet (like the top of the fridge) the impact may still be bad for the device itself.

-It would be nice if it had a handle for easier carrying.

Conclusion:
My overall impression is that this is a reliable storage for a GPS device. Does the job perfectly for a 5" one and for the quality it is a good value for money. I believe it will last for a long, long time...
on October 4, 2013
Nice case. Great protection for any 5" GPS. Simi hard shell provides enough protection for daily use. Wish it had a handle, strap or something to hold onto. You basically have to carry it like a woman's clutch purse. Isn't wide enough to hold the suction cup mount for the Garmin 3590, so I improvise (See my user photo). Since the 3590's traffic cable is kinda bulky, I always end up with a slight bulge in the case. Still a good case for the price. But if I used my GPS more often, I'd invest in a better case.
review image
7 people found this helpful
on November 13, 2013
This case is very high quality in materials and craftsmanship as well as attractive in appearance. You can slide your thin GPS [mine is a Garmin nuvi 2597LMT] into an internal slot for it and then add your cords or other attachments into the larger compartment.

The zipper slides fairly easily to open and close so accessibility is great. However, the shell has a middle [ not soft; not hard ] level hardness to it so it will not tolerate dropping anything heavy onto it without doing SOME damage to a GPS device. As long as you don't work in construction where you leave it around to have heavy objects dropped on this item, it should be more than adequate to protect / contain your device.

The great thing about this product is that it is very useful if you are transporting the GPS as well as electrical attachments, and plugs. If you are only carrying the GPS itself around, there are slimmer cases just for that purpose. I have an a leather case for just such a purpose if I only want to take my GPS and not the cord.

I really enjoy / like this product and its very handy to keep my GPS in a compact and attractive place tucked away when its not lingering in my Jeep. I highly recommend this particular product.

Way to go Amazing-zon!!