Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,638 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,804 reviews
on June 27, 2012
I was expecting a smaller case just for the nuvi but I've found that it can accommodate both the nuvi (in the mesh pocket) and the power cord.
review image
0Comment| 137 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2011
The case is large enough to store the car adaptor cord and the 5" system. It is sturdy enough to withstand bumps.
0Comment| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 16, 2015
Very disappointed in the quality of this fabric coated cardboard like case. It is not hard at all and does not offer much protection for my Garmin nuvi 55LMT GPS. The good part is that both cords fit into the case with the GPS unit, suction cup mount does not (didn't expect it to), but the case is very cheaply made. I could've bought a similar one from Hong Kong for half the price, but would have it to wait a month for it. It's no big deal and I'm going to keep it, but I just wanted warn others who would want something more substantial. Prior to the purchase, I was looking at the Caseling Universal Electronics/Accessories Hard Travel Carrying Case, which is a bit more expensive, but looks to be better made. I would've bought it if I knew in advance of the poor quality the Amazon Basics Case was.
review image review image
I can't say if the separation between the GPS and the car charger will prevent the car charger from scratching the GPS. It seems like it will though (The car charger also doesn't have any sharp edges). I feel there should have been another piece of material on the other side to keep the car charger in to make me feel positive that the car charger wouldn't scratch the GPS screen. You can always turn the GPS around, and the plastic zipper will not scratch the screen when inserting it. The fabric protecting the GPS seems to be sufficient, although I would have preferred it come up a little higher to completely cover the screen.

The material of the exterior shell usually holds up in the sun. If you've ever had one of those Case Logic Nylon CD cases Case Logic CDW-92 Nylon CD/DVD Wallet 100-Capacity (Black), you'll know that this material stands up extremely well to heat. Leather or faux usually doesn't stand up as well. BTW, Amazon also makes a faux Leather version, but you can only fit the GPS in. You'll have to find somewhere else to store your car charger. AmazonBasics Faux Leather Carrying Case for 5-Inch GPS I personally prefer to keep everything together. Hope this helps.
on November 1, 2015
I like it ... the case is not really hard enough for my GPS unit... Kinda Soft... sort-of.
Wish it was a little harder, but this will work better then I had... I think this will work.
My first GPS unit was kept in a back fabric bag when not in use... Not a good Idea..
I had to buy this case because my first GPS screen ended up cracked from the inside.
This case will protect my 2nd GPS unit from getting damaged,,, Hopefully
The unit fits very nicely inside this case so we are good there.
Just protect your GPS from getting damaged... A Good thing.
Has a very nice zipper and a pocket inside the top half...cleverly made. Doesn't look cheap.
Just has some leeway on how hard it is...some what soft feel to it... You can push down on the case top and bottom and it moves down.
Letting you know that this case is semi hard.. Rated: four Stars. Like it... Thanks for reading..
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon September 8, 2014
I purchased this AmazonBasic GPS case when I ordered a new GPS unit. When I first got the case I didn't like it - I thought it was much too big. The reason for that, the case I was using for my previous GPS unit was sized to fit just the display unit. This new case is made so that you can also store the power cord in it. With my previous GPS unit it didn't matter what power cord I used with it, so I just kept cords in the different vehicles. But the new unit I purchased, it has a traffic alert function and the power cord that came with the unit is the antenna for that. So I now need to take that cord with the display when I transfer to a different car. This new case does a good job of holding both. There is a pocket for the display unit and plenty of room for the coiled cable - even with it's large power plug. I like that the sides of the case is made of a stiff material. I believe this AmazonBasic case was a good deal for the price I paid.
on July 10, 2014
At first I didn't like this. I had wanted something more envelope-like that we could put the GPS in when we popped it off its holder so it would fit in my purse, or my husband's shirt pocket more easily, and this doesn't serve that purpose. But it's nice to put the GPS in while we're at home, or if I'm carrying a big bag, because it's so sturdy. We haven tried to put the other part, the part with a wire that sticks to your windshield, in it--it looks too small for that, and I've read other reviewers say it doesn't fit. So there's a lot of empty space in the container when we use it. Still I don't regret purchasing it.
on October 18, 2013
The description says this case will hold a 5" GPS plus plug-in attachment, but it does not. The mount for my Garmin nuvi 2505 is too wide and the case does not close around it without bulging at the sides, and that's when the GPS is not in the case! I am returning it. Thank you Amazon for making returns so easy.
on July 30, 2013
I purchased this case because it appeared to have the dimensions I needed to carry my Anker 10,000 mAh portable device charger and all of the charger cables that I travel with. It worked perfectly. I keep the charger in the half of this case that has a stretchable net pocket, and the cables/chargers all fit in the other half. Zip it up and I'm ready to go. I also keep my travel earbuds with me in this case, and there's room for my cell phone as well. Great case to bring on business flights and you can keep your small electronics all in one spot.
on March 30, 2017
This zipper case is padded on the inside and has a rigged outer core to protect my GPS from being damaged. I like how there's enough room inside to store USB cable and auto power cable as well. There's also a divider inside the case to keep the unit separate. The price is right so I'm wondering what else I can store in a case like this.