Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on January 1, 2011
Before I purchased this HDMI cable for my Roku XDS I shopped around first at nearby Walmart and Best Buy, and read some reviews for this product. I'm a retired electrical engineer and do not believe on going overboard, spending more than adequate to get a good result on audio and video component. There are cables in the market that are priced too high to get the money out of those people who are willing to pay the price. Those people always believed that if the price is high, the product must be very good. For digital signal transmission, this HDMI cable is more than adequate. My video and audio were not degraded, and I did not notice any lost of clarity either on video or audio signal.
3535 comments| 1,782 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon November 1, 2010
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is the HDMI cable to get right now: an HDMI 1.4 cable at a good price.

HDMI 1.4

HDMI 1.4 is the latest standard (as of November 2010 at least). It is backward compatible with other HDMI gear (mine all are HDMI 1.3 compliant). And it will be more useful to you if your TV supports HDMI 1.4 networking. I was not able to test the Ethernet networking capability of this cable, but I think the idea behind it is a good one.

For my current home entertainment setup, I had to set up separate Internet connections on my TV, set top box, Blu-Ray player, and WD TV LIVE (HTPC). It would have been a lot easier if I could have just set up my TV's internet connection, and allow all of my components to share it. That's what HDMI 1.4 promises to let you do--as long as all of your hardware, including the cables, supports it. This cable will support that functionality; it's more "future-proof" than the HDMI 1.3 cables I have been using.

Learn more (and see nice diagrams) at [...]

This Cable

This cable is really long, so I don't recommend it if your components are very close together. A 3-foot cable would easily suffice in that case.

Overall Impressions

This cable is a great buy. Definitely order it if your new A/V or PC components don't come with an HDMI cable.
1616 comments| 297 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2015
Used it 2 times and this is what happened when I pulled it from my tv the second time. Not too pleased
review image
55 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2017
This is the first time I've purchased anything from AmazonBasics and these are about as good as you can get with any high end HDMI cable. I've had a few different brands since the inception of HDMI and several of them have been bad out of the package and a few fail after moderate use. I have four of these total and not one singe issue since I've installed them. I've moved furniture around and had to remove and reinstall them and after almost two years, they still perform perfect.

If this is a sign of what Amazon Basics is more than basic, it's quality as far as I see.
on December 15, 2010

This wire should work well with anything that supports HDMI 1.3x but it's built to comply with the higher HDMI 1.4 standard. You may consider this product if you have TWO devices that support HDMI 1.4. For these, the cable will carry through HD images and Ethernet data therefore eliminating the need for one dedicated Ethernet cable and one Ethernet port. Again, on a pair of connected HDMI 1.4 devices, it will eliminate the need of a dedicated audio cable if, let's say, your TV needs to send sound back to your receiver - it may have a built-in Blu/DVD player or get its input through an USB port. You may also consider this cable if you currently need an extra HDMI 1.3 cable but you are planning to to replace your existing equipment with some HDMI 1.4 ready hardware in the near future.

As far as HDMI 1.4 stands, this cable is 'it'. It's the complete implementation because it supports ALL HDMI 1.4 features.

- Behaves as a HDMI 1.3x 'high speed' or 'category 2' cable.
- As a 'high speed' HDMI 1.4 cable, it supports video resolutions of at least 1080p and can go as high as 4K.
- The 'data channel' (Ethernet support) works only with HDMI 1.4 ready equipment.
- The 'audio return channel' is another feature supported by HDMI 1.4 ready equipment only. It will allow for audio to be sent 'back' from, let's say a TV to the HDMI 1.4 compliant receiver, therefore eliminating the need for a dedicated audio cable.
- It should support all the HDMI 1.4 extra color palettes because those are implemented by the HDMI 1.4 compliant connected equipment.

You may want to get this cable even if your equipment is not HDMI 1.4, it doesn't hurt to get a wire that supports a higher standard and, with free shipping the price difference is not that great. And, keep in mind that Amazon stands behind this product so returns should be easy.

What follows is the byproduct of me attempting to clarify 'HDMI 1.4' for myself and understanding this specific product's features. I thought I'd share.

WHAT'S IN A NAME? (understanding this cable's features)

- HDMI 1.4 is a new HDMI standard adopted in 2009, backward compatible with HDMI 1.3. This cable should work with your existing equipment.
- HIGH SPEED indicates that this cable supports resolutions of 1080p or higher and 3D video (unlike the HDMI 1.4 STANDARD cables which, believe it or not, are limited to 720p/1080i - why? nobody knows).
- ETHERNET means that this cable supports a full-duplex 100 Mb/sec Ethernet connection - if you have 2 HDMI 1.4 ready devices and they both need an network connection, this cable will carry through the Ethernet datastream to the second device, therefore saving you the need for one extra Ethernet cable.
- Audio Return Channel is a feature that would save you the need of a dedicated audio cable between 2 HDMI 1.4 compliant devices.
- This cable should support the full set of 3D features found in the new TVs.

HDMI 1.4 allows for the following new features:

- Ethernet Channel - allows for the 2 connected devices to communicate with each other and share one network connection.
- Audio Return Channel - eliminates the need of a second cable if you want to send audio from your TV back to your receiver.
- 3D - It's supported by HDMI 1.3x but HDMI 1.4a specifically supports all the currently agreed-upon industry standards
- 4K resolution - good to have it but there is nothing on today's market that would take advantage of this
- Expanded support for new color spaces - by supporting sYCC601, AdobeRGB, and AdobeYCC601 it better aligns your display with the color spaces supported by digital cameras.
- Type D connector - the 'Micro' connector is to be used by small, portable devices with supported resolutions of up to 1080p.

The HDMI Consortium defines 4 broad types of HDMI 1.4 cables:

* Standard HDMI Cable
* High Speed HDMI Cable
* Standard HDMI Cable with Ethernet
* High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet

Of the above, only the 'High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet' (this one) makes sense and it's likely to emerge as the common HDMI 1.4 cable.

Standard cables are limited to lower-resolution displays up to (approx. 720p or 1080i). High Speed cables support higher-resolution display (e.g. 1080p). They can deliver all video content currently defined for the HDMI standard (i.e. more than two 1080p/60 video streams, including 3D). HDMI cables with Ethernet are capable of sending 100/mbps over the HDMI Ethernet Channel. Since it is not likely that many HDMI 1.4 'standard' cables will be made or sold, I suspect that the crippled 'standard' type exists only to allow for calling the cables that support 1080p 'high speed' which sounds good and high-end.

>> Brush your teeth, it's the law! <<
1010 comments| 408 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The first time I priced HDMI cables in a store, I was shocked at how much stores were charging, so I was greatly relieved when Amazon started offering HDMI and other cables at reasonable prices. After all, most home theater systems now require multiple HDMI cables, and the price can add up. I am happy to say that these ultra high-speed, 1.4 HMDI cables have the same quality as the last generation of Amazon Basics HDMI, with the added ability to handle streaming and 3D content. It works perfectly with my Samsung 3D set up.

If you have one of the new 3D sets with a 3D Blu-ray player, this is your cable. My only complaint is that I wish Amazon offered them in white as well as black for those of us who have a flat-screen TV on the wall and wish to minimize the visibility of the cable.

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann
33 comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 2, 2014
The amazon basics cables are good stuff! If you need a digital cable that doesn't have a long run (i.e. less than 25 feet) you are safe to go with a generic brand. Remember, anything digital transmits 1s and 0s. Signal degradation doesn't matter too much so long as there is enough signal to send that 1 and that 0 from the source to the equipment receiving it. Analog technology (colored plugs, speaker wire etc.) would suffer from signal loss - digital technology only has to trickle in at the end of the line and be sufficiently read. So go buy these!
on August 4, 2013
I was a little put off by some of the negative reviews of this cable, but I figured it was so cheap and I've had such good experiences with Amazon customer service I'd give it a try.

I've had the cable for almost two months now and it works great. I use it to connect my computer to the TV so I can watch Netflix on the big screen. Everything works great and I've had zero problems. I got the 2 meter length and that means I need to keep the computer relatively close to the TV but that's not a big deal.

Overall I am very satisfied and would recommend this cable.
on June 5, 2013
Not really much to say here - it's an HDMI cable, and it works. I haven't experienced any audio problems that can creep up with less expensive cables, and I have used it on multiple devices and TVs without a problem. If you have the time to wait for delivery, then this is a simple way to save twenty bucks versus running out to a store and buying one instead.

As a side note, I usually buy two of these each time I need to order one. They're pretty cheap and I seem to find myself needing more and more of these cables, especially for friends and family that are about to run out and buy them from a store.
on December 25, 2012
I live in Manila where these High-Speed HDMI cables are VERY expensive but sad to say poor quality. My entertainment centers take advantage of Audio Return Channel (ARC) technology which consolidates the audio/video feed between my amplifier & television to use only one HDMI cable -- BUT -- THAT CABLE MUST BE HDMI VERSION 1.4 OR BETTER. Web search "HDMI Version 1.4" for your own reference. I purchased these High-Speed HDMI cables while visiting Stateside and very happy to testify that they work like a charm. Only wish I purchased more of these =(