Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 7, 2014
I bought these two HDMI cables to replace my old standard cables and I can say that they're really Amazing! As soon as I changed it I noticed the clear image and the speed. I got a Full Hd Satellite Receiver and I was wondering why it has been working so slowly, I thought it needed an updating because When I tried to look for channels and access to the menu it worked very slowly. Now it works perfect. I'm very impressed and satisfied with them. If you're looking for a replace this is the best option you can get!
review imagereview image
on May 9, 2015
Used it 2 times and this is what happened when I pulled it from my tv the second time. Not too pleased
review image
55 comments| 233 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 30, 2015
I haven't had the cord for more than a month and when I went to unplug it from one tv to another for the first time, the cord pieces came apart! I was so disappointed. Will Amazon be able to replace it?
review imagereview imagereview image
on September 11, 2015
Works great for hooking a PC with a GTX960 graphics card, via HDMI, to a Samsung UN50JU6500 4K TV. Properly handles 4K UHD 3180x2160p 60hz chroma 4:4:4 without any problems. Which basically means can use as a 50 inch 4K Windows desktop, for applications (handles fine black text on white background without any color fringing) and games. Note that this is still "bleeding edge" "early adopter" territory and one should research thoroughly before plunging in.

By contrast, HDMI cables from the local electronics box store, priced several multiples higher, proved unreliable. Once one could get the PC and TV talking to each other, looked and worked great... but usually required multiple tries (cycling power, rebooting, etc.) to get them to talk to each other.

With these Amazon cables... no muss, no fuss.

At this price, might as well stock up on a few.

Clarification/followup:
- That's using the HDMI 1 port of the Samsung UN50JU6500 TV. Haven't tested enough to know about the other HDMI ports on it.
- I ordered two more of these cables and tested them. They also work fine for this.

Additional clarification/followup... I had good luck with the first 6.5 foot version of this that I purchased. Out of curiosity, I bought and tried two more and they also worked fine. Later, given that, I got curious and bought and tried one of the 25 foot versions and it also works fine.
on November 4, 2015
Anyone who's purchased HDMI cables from your local brick-and-mortar store knows how expensive they are. But, if you want to have the best quality picture, it's a necessary expense, right? While this is true, you don't have to buy the expensive cables when you can purchase this one at a fraction of the cost. This is a great cable and will work just as well, if not better than the ones you will spend 5 times as much on elsewhere.

At 6.5 feet, this cable has plenty of length to accommodate even the largest HDTVs. It's a heavy gauge cable and doesn't feel cheap. Most importantly, it provides a crystal clear picture. As an added benefit, since Amazon has produced this product and has its name on it, you can feel comfortable knowing that if something does ever go wrong with it, they'll be quick to replace it for you.

So, if you're shopping around for HDMI cables, I recommend you stop here and purchase this one. It's worked amazingly well since I've owned it and I don't plan on buying anything other than this one in the future.
review imagereview imagereview image
When we first got an HDTV, I was concerned about if I was going to take full advantage of the picture quality without ha ING to spend a fortune on an hdmi cable. After doing some research online where I discovered that there is practically no difference in visual performance, I'm glad I went with this simple, functional, and affordable cable. The cable is the perfect length to connect our boxes to the TV without having a lot of extra cable bunched up behind the TV, and delivers excellent picture quality. Absolutely no complaints.
VINE VOICEon April 2, 2014
Over the years I have come to trust Amazon Basics products. From batteries, cell phone cases, camera gear, and HDMI cables. I have never been let down. These cables are perhaps the most shining example of the Amazon Basics Line. Note, as o fthis review, the Amazon Cable meets the latest HDMI specifications.

The cable arrived packaged very well and ahead of schedule (we have new distribution centers nearby). The build quality of the cable meets or exceeds HDMI cables of equivalent length for which I have paid $20 to $30. This is noticeable the minute you open the package and feel the cable. The HDMI connections of the Amazon Cable to my Apple TV and Televsion were an absolute perfect fit. When inserted, it takes a distinctive pull to disconnect. Performance of the cable is no less different. Absolute crystal clarity on HD 1080. No noise, and excellent sound. It amazes me when I look back, how much money I spent on cables.

Bottom line- save yourself money and get the Amazon Basics cable. I have now outfitted all my new connections with these cables.
on December 3, 2015
Summary- It's unfair that I can only give these cables five stars, because I'd actually give 11 or 12 if it was an option. HDMI cords are ridiculously overpriced in stores these days so if you're smart enough to be looking at this review, then just hit the purchase button and be done with it. You can thank me later since they're BY FAR the best deal on Amazon.

Review- You might have noticed that there's a vendor with the same cables for only $2.99....I saw that too and quickly made the purchase. And then I waited approximately 2 1/2 weeks for them to arrive from overseas, only to discover that the connectors on them were super cheap. So while the other set will technically work...saving the 2 bucks simply isn't worth the long wait for dirt cheap quality. And just so you know, I'm a huge tech nerd that's always buying the latest gizmos and gadgets, so I find myself buying HDMI cables fairly often. You've been warned my friend.

Anyway, let's talk about the Amazon Basics HDMI cables. First off, someone in Amazon's marketing department needs to be kicked in the nether-regions because these are not at all "basic"- this cord is high quality, well made and very durable. This is actually the 4th or 5th time I've bought these here and I'll keep coming back, because they have excellent data rates and solid craftsmanship. Yet they're priced low enough to compete with the generic knock-offs....you simply can't beat them anywhere in the USA. These cables would be $30+ easily in a Best Buy or Wal Mart.

Oh, one more thing...by the 6.5 footers. The three foot cords only work well if your Blu-Ray player sits right beside your TV, and you never know when you'll feel like switching things around in a different configuration. So you definitely want the extra length. On the flip side though, the 9 foot cords tend to get tangled or hooked on something if you only need a short cord, and all HDMI cables break easily (even the premium brands). So if you're not sure which to buy, go for the 6.5 feet every time.

I hope that helps!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 27, 2015
These HDMI cables are strong and durable. The endings are made to last, and the cable itself will not break easily. I have not noticed any connectivity issues. These cables come in various lengths, such as 6.5 feet, that you can purchase and use depending on your needs.

HDMI, or High-Definition Multimedia Interface, is the standard for audio and video. It is used universally with televisions, computer monitors, and gaming systems. It is also capable of transmitting 4K video, as well as high quality audio. These cables do just that in a reliable way. The endings are gold-plated to ensure reliable connectivity, and the cord itself is built to last.

These cables are very tough and durable. Most cheaper cables either form a break in the connection, or the end interface forms a break, within a few months. However, I have never had any problems with these cables.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who needs a high quality, durable HDMI cable.
review image
on April 7, 2016
When I bought my LCD TV, I paid a fortune for an HDMI cable at the retail store. Stupid me, I should have known better about the outrageous markups many retail stores put on video accessories. Recently, I bought several of these cables at a fraction of the price I paid for that first one, and I used them to connect a Blu-ray player, an Xbox360, and an audio/video receiver. Even with the high shipping cost, these cables are much cheaper than I found elsewhere. And they work just fine.

Remember, HDMI cables transfer digital info -- they pass bits, not an analog signal -- so, basically, they either work or they don't work. You'll either see the complete picture and hear the audio, or you won't (if the cable is defective). These are not like analog cables where cheaper, poor-quality cables can result in a poorer picture or sound. So if you get any HDMI cable that works, you won't get any better quality by paying for more expensive HDMI cables. Reviewers that say they see a poorer picture with cheaper HDMI cables are fooling themselves and don't understand digital vs. analog.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.