Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 580 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 633 reviews
on December 8, 2013
HDMI cables can cost as much as $40 at the big box stores and usually around $12 to $15.

Was originally searching for an affordable HDMi cable only, then came across this combo. Thought that fiber optic cable would be expensive, but this set was less than the cost of one HDMI cable and free shipping. So, I ordered the set.

With the optical cable patched from our TV to our older theater system (without Wifi) we can watch television shows through the home theater and movies from broadcast and online services through the gaming console with true surround sound.

And of course we can watch movies from our home theater in full 1080 resolution.

If need you need is a 6 foot HDMI cable and 6 foot Toslink optical cable this is all you will need!
on July 21, 2014
Superb build quality, does the job and exactly what I needed for much less than overhyped cut-throat aftermarket brands.

I'd admit that I do find a difference in 'sound quality' using different analog cables i.e. power cords, speaker cables, interconnect cables and etc. These are however, 'digital' cables and quite frankly function all the same. Do not be fooled by marketing gimmicks to pay more for other brands.

For example, how does a toslink cable differ from one brand to another (apart from build quality and length)? Assuming they are all properly shielded from EM/RF interference, I do not see how a $200 toslink cable will perform better. They all just transmit that 'red' color light from one end to another. I heard ZERO difference in sound quality, saw ZERO difference in picture quality when comparing AmazonBasics cables to brands costing many times more.

AmazonBasics is what it is. Good quality stuff for your basic needs. Does the job other boutique brands say they will do but for less money.
on January 13, 2017
While these aren't expensive cables like those made by Monster or other name brands, they are good cables. For HDMI you don't need to spend a ton of money to have a good picture and sound and these cables are proof. I have them on several game consoles as well as our satellite receiver with the optical sound cable going to a Vizio sound bar. The picture is always crisp, bright and clear and the sound is awesome in 7.1
on September 21, 2016
This is a great deal on a pair of cables. I really needed the optical cable, but could not really find it alone for much cheaper - and it never hurts to have an extra HDMI lying around. I'm using this with FiiO D3 (D03K) Digital to Analog Audio Converter - 192kHz/24bit Optical and Coaxial DAC to get audio from my tv to some powered speakers without an a/v receiver. Some people have complained about the connector being too large, but it's not really an issue since the cable is so light, and I think the toslink connection is secure. I would buy again. Recommended.
on December 10, 2013
As I've noted in previous reviews, I love the AmazonBasics cables. They are well made, and the connectors are better and more secure than most competitors. I love the way these cables seat well with an authoritative click.

One of the features of these cables that I most appreciate is the flexibility of the cords. Some cables are too stiff, and they retain a memory that is impossible to defeat. These cables are easy to tuck and hide.

CNET did an in depth article a few months ago that showed there was no discernible benefit to expensive, name brand cables. I believe CNET, and I've never been able to detect a difference in signal quality among the various cables I use in the house. I can say, though, that the AmazonBasics cable are easier to use than most of my cables, and I derive a little bit of psychic joy in knowing that these cables are cheaper than others I might have bought.
on October 15, 2015
You can't go wrong with Amazon Basic's. I have not purchased a Amazon Basic's product that hasn't worked as described. I do not have the equipment to test signal levels. I can tell you, if I use this or the other Monster branded TOSlink and HDMI cables, I can not tell the difference and I don't think that my stereo/TV can either.
on January 15, 2016
Amazon basics at first a little skeptical. You can't beat the prices for the Amazon products. The cables work and they provide you with 100 percent digital. I am a happy customer
on April 28, 2017
I've always been worried with AmazonBasics as I have had a few products that just don't like me. These cables are great! Work perfectly and no issues to report.
on December 4, 2013
Very high quality cables thanks to Amazon and super low prices thanks to economies of scale! Yay!

The HDMI cable is gold plated, carries internet and arc enabled? check, check, that's all I needed. Oh and each end has a blue rubber ring to know in the midst of my crazy cable jungle behind my TV which device to connected to the TV? Sweeet. Couldn't ask for more.

The optical cable is also very good. Like the other cables, when connected to the tv, the other end of the cable will light up in red. This also has a nice green ring at each end, but it's not as essential with this one as it is with HDMI. Anyway, works very well and I'm happy and you too, shall be happy.
on June 4, 2012
The Good:
+ Inexpensive (hard to beat this price for both cables)
+ Excellent quality video & sound - they work as expected
+ Latest standard, so you shouldn't have to replace it for a while

The Bad: none so far, everything works perfectly!

I bought a couple of these to hook up everything to my receiver and TV. The HDMI cable will work with the latest technology, supporting ethernet, 3D, and audio return (i.e. you shouldn't have to replace it for a while). Even if you don't need all of those things it is still a great inexpensive cable and will be able to deal with any new technology you buy in the near future.

The optical audio (Toslink) cable works perfectly with excellent quality sound. I have an older TV that did not support the audio return via HDMI, so this cable works perfectly to reroute the audio from the TV to my receiver.

Both the HDMI and audio cable work just as well as much more expensive cables (for example, Monster, or anything you could buy at a local store).

They have a colored stripe around the base of the connector so that they are color coded which makes it a little easier to figure out which cable goes where if you have other AmazonBasics HDMI Cables.