Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 753 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 863 reviews
on October 5, 2016
This is a REALLY nice bag--I was pleasantly surprised. I have a Lowen for my other SLR, but it is simple. This is big enough to house my Canon 80d WITH the battery grip (adds about 2" to the width), plus an extra hand grip (ads an extra 1/2"), plus an 18-135mm lens WITH the 2" plastic lens protector left on (so I don't have to remove it and flip it). I gently wrap the camera strap around the lens. It is "snug" with all of this, but still fits great. It is as compact as I can get a case that fits everything. I am ready to remove the camera and shoot.

It has two side pockets, plus a large front pocket (that also has two special slots for extra memory cards (although I run with a 128gb so I don't run out of space)). The plastic bottom "cup" allows it to stand upright. VERY nice looking, well build, heavy duty strap (as nice as my video camera bag strap). It even has padded mesh (like a backpack) on the side that bounces on your hip--they thought of everything. The quality is superb and I HIGHLY recommend it.
on June 20, 2017
While it was a bit bigger than I expected, it still is exactly what I was looking for. It can hold my Nikon D3400 with the lense attached and appears to have enough padding on the inside to keep everything safe.

There's a lot I love about the case, but I'd like to just point out a few things I didn't like as much. For starters, the pockets on the sides/front were a little small/tight. I'm not so sure that storing anything other than short cables or a small memory card case for a long term is a good idea with this case. My battery charger will fit the pockets, but just barely. Another thing I mentioned earlier is that it's a bit bigger than I anticipated. Not a deal breaker for me, but you should note the size if you're looking to fit this in a tight suitcase for travel. Lastly, the feature I really wish this had is a belt loop on the backside so I could attach the case to my hip instead of letting it hang and swing all over the place via the shoulder strap. I still gave the case 5 stars because of the value, but I think there is still a little room for improvement.

For a size comparison, see the pictures between this and the Case Logic DCB-304 Compact System/Hybrid Camera Case (Black) (which I ended up preferring to the Amazon Basics Case for traveling and hiking).
on May 19, 2016
If you're looking for a DLSR case to hold all of your stuff, this is definitely not for you. This is made for having a quick, accessible, and easy to carry around case for a camera and ONE lens attached... you can throw in a few batteries around it. The pockets on the front and sides fit a cleaning cloth, spare SD cards, and that's it. For what space there is, the quality of this holster is very good and it can definitely take a beating. It has a hard bottom to it so you you can put your camera with a lens on face down and not have to worry.

Amazon also makes a really nice "AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag" that I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. I have both bags to cover all my bases.
Enthusiast: Photographyon February 17, 2016
I like this case but there are some issues that you may need to work around.
As it shows in the top reviewed video being crammed full with a battery grip installed - NOT WITH A CANON EOS 6D AND BATTERY GRIP it just will not zip shut + kind of defeats the purpose of a padded case when you compress all the padding. as for size my Pentax ME Super with a 105mm and battery grip does fit very well.
Work Arounds for me are:
1.) in the product picture the shoulder strap has a "Padded" area on it, mine came with a different style that was so hard and uncomfortable I removed it. - no biggie.
2.) depending on the diameter of your lens you may have to cross the adjustable supports rather than putting them one on each side to acuminate the lens. when installed on the sides like pictured there is only 2.25-3.0" I installed mine at 90deg with one going along the front of the bag.
OVER ALL this bag will work for what I need it to do at the price worked into my budget for a bag that I will only use on occasion. I would recommend this bag to my friends or anyone who needs a small bag to take with you when you are not setting up to do a major shoot, ie. family get together.
review image
on May 14, 2017
I love love love AmazonBasics bags, and the quality isn't the question here - this is great quality and well worth the price! It's just the style...I don't like it AT.ALL. It's top heavy (which you can tell by looking at the picture) and just awkward. Every time I take it off and set it down it topples over, and it drives me crazy. if I reach to grab it and barely knock it, it topples over. It's just too annoying for me - I like the long, square camera bags better, which AmazonBasics does have. Go with that instead! :)
on June 9, 2017
This is a good case for the price, but there are a few flaws and features that I wish it had.

The Velcro straps that are meant to support the camera on the inside are basically useless. They never stay on, I've just taken them out and printed custom supports because they are so frustrating. In addition, I never use the SD card pockets either. I would have preferred if they fit the cards a little tighter so that I wouldn't have to worry about them falling out when I'm fishing around for them. In my opinion, these pockets would be more suited to hold spare batteries, but they are slightly too small.

If I were to make a second version of this case, I'd change the SD card pockets to battery pockets, get stronger Velcro, and make the side pockets a bit bigger to be able to hold anything useful (like a lens filter + case in each).

Amazon usually delivers products that exceed expectations with their AmazonBasics line, so this one was a little disappointing. That being said, I can't complain too much at this price, so I've gone ahead and given it 4 stars.
on May 25, 2017
I took a gamble and got the smaller camera case for my Nikon D100. It works great and the size is PERFECT for me. It easily holds the camera body and lens.

Space/Size
I do like to keep the camera cables/charger, etc. together, but this bag is a bit of a tight squeeze. (I have a UK charger so require an additional adapter--- which combined take up valuable space.) I was able to fit everything in but either taking the camera out or putting back in without fiddling with the other bits makes it a challenge. HOWEVER, I would rather not traipse around carrying the extra weight, so I am contented to keep the charger and cable in a logical location for regular top-up of the battery.

Overall, I love the size of this camera bag; it's compact and not something I'd have to worry about side-swapping someone with as I walk past. It's also easier to tuck to my side for security purposes.

Design/Shape
I thought this was a pretty clever design. The bottom is a flat and rigid (durable) plastic, and even with the camera inside it stands up on its own. The zip into the main compartment is on the top, following three sides of the case. The zipped side and front pouches would be perfect if I needed the space for extra batteries, memory cards, or heck, other sundries if I wanted to forgo my purse. Not really enough room to totally abandon my handbag, of course! But plenty for the 'day-long outing' sort of supplies (lip balm, cards/cash, keys, etc.). I also like the should strap and cushioned handle on the top of the case in case I want to carry in my hand. The exterior is made of a rugged material with nice trim designs, and the zippers seem to be pretty durable. Finally, I think the interior is well-cushioned, which is something I need to see

Overall, I haven't had much chance to use this out in the field, but I am pleased with this purchase and despite the space limitations I still would prefer this size as I don't like carrying around larger/bulkier items. I still can't believe I got this for the price paid-- what a steal!
on May 5, 2017
Love this case. Perfect for my camera with a decent zoom lens, and has storage on the side. The shoulder strap has a padded area that feels stiff, but I'm hoping that works itself out. Well worth the money. I have the Amazon Basics backpack which holds my camera, several lenses, a flash, etc., but for just taking my camera out for small trips around town or excursions on vacation when you don't need that much gear, this is perfect.
on June 27, 2013
After reading reviews of this camera case, I was somewhat uneasy ordering it. Mainly because of the measurements and conflicting accounts on them. Would it fit my camera??? Well, it did. I have Canon EOS 4Ti WITH battery grip and 18-135 lens. Yes, it is pretty snug fit, but I like it: the camera does not wobble around in the case. The side pockets are small, but will handle everything you need for a short trip: lens wipes, memory cards, lens filter or two and spare batteries. I use 6 AAs in my power grip and there is room for a spare set. Plastic clips for a shoulder strap are OK, could be metal, but not for that price. I took it on vacation to Mexico and had no problems. So, I was pleasantly surprised by this Amazon branded product and would recommend it.
By the way, similar CaseLogic camera case was too small for my camera with the grip, but OK for one without it.
on November 3, 2014
I'm a bit torn on this case. For the price it seems well built and attractive, doing what its advertised to do. On that basis, I suppose it deserves full marks. The reason I can't mark it higher is that I'm just not sure what exactly I want this kind of case for. Its big and bulky, making it difficult to fit into luggage if you want to pack light, but doesn't offer much useful storage space to carry additional items. Even filters are tough, if not impossible, to fit in the extra pocket. If all I want to do is walk around with one lens on the body and an extra memory card, I can easily accomplish that without a case. If I'm going to sacrifice and use up space in my carry-on with a camera bag while traveling, I'd like it to bring more to the table than this one, i.e. space for additional lenses or even just a few filters and/or batteries. In my opinion, this bag only makes sense if you're careless with your camera or intend to pack it in checked luggage (with no extra items) and want the impact protection.