AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Internal-frame backpack with 55 L capacity (50 L + 5 L extension collar); made of durable polyester; ideal for hiking and camping
- Extensive storage pockets and compartments; large sleeping-bag compartment; multi-directional compression straps
- Adjustable straps and padded shoulder straps for a comfortable fit; open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels for lower-back support and airflow
- Water-repellent exterior coating and integrated water-resistant rainfly for light rain; waterproof cover included for heavier rain; choice of color
- Measures 35 inches long; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly
Gear up for your next great outdoor adventure with the AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly. Ideal for hiking and camping, the backpack provides a durable design for reliable performance, and it offers loads of space for all those must-have essentials. Best of all, it ensures a comfortable fit that will help inspire you further along the trail and onto that next beautiful vista.
Made of durable polyester, the hiking backpack comes in a choice of color (green or black) and a choice of size (70L, 60L, or 50L)—each with an extension collar for an additional 5L of optional storage space.
- Internal-frame backpack for hiking and camping
- Durable polyester construction
- Extensive storage pockets and compartments
- Large sleeping-bag compartment
- Multi-directional compression straps
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit
- Lumbar support for added comfort
- Thick padded shoulder straps
- Integrated water-resistant rainfly
- Water-repellent exterior coating for light rain
- Waterproof cover for heavier rain
- Extension collar for added, optional storage space
- Choice of color and size
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Designed for a variety of body sizes, the backpack provides a secure, fully adjustable fit around the torso, an adjustable waist belt, and adjustable straps at the shoulders for upper-load balance and support. An open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels offer important lower-back support and promote increased airflow, while thick padded shoulder straps make even heavier loads comfortable to carry. The backpack’s design accommodates women and men, youth and adults alike.
Let It Rain
Don’t let a little rain slow you down. The hiking backpack features a water-repellent exterior coating, plus an integrated water-resistant rainfly, which prevents light rain from getting inside. For heavier rain, use the included waterproof cover to keep everything from clothing and food to cameras and other electronics safely protected and dry.
Ample Storage Space
Extensive pockets and roomy compartments help keep stored items organized and easy to find. Even more, the backpack comes equipped with multi-directional compression straps, which help hold your gear securely in place and prevent items from jostling around.
Sleeping Bag Compartment
The backpack’s large sleeping-bag compartment provides designated space for neatly packing and transporting your sleeping bag. The sleeping bag remains perfectly rolled and easy to access right when you need it, whether sleeping in a tent or under the stars.
Style Name: 55 L | Color: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
cost, many thoughtful pockets; clearly has little touches that involved thought to put together (and even more surprising at this prices); able to keep sleeping bag and a stuff sack for liner in the sleeping bag compartment; waterproof tarp came in handy in snow; zippers worked reliably; like that it's all black;
the shoulder slaps always slacken if doing heavy backpacking suddenly given they are positioned against chest, so I'm always unable to get optimal chest fit (or else I have to straighten them out every minute or every hard step I take). if bottle holder were a touch bigger might have been more handy
1. The cup holder nets on the sides are already torn up from climbing and general use. (I'd recommend matching the fabric the rest of the pack is made out of rather than netting and making them slightly larger, barely fit a 32oz water bottle in/under the pouch above)
2. The stitching on the top and bottom sinch points are not sturdy, I already have fraying and stitches coming loose from attaching a tent/sleeping pad.
3. The shoulder strap adjusters do not hold the straps in place with a 55lb load in the pack. I had to keep tightening them down while walking.
4. Like other reviewers have said the sleeping bag section in the bottom is barely big enough for a standard size 30 degree sleeping bag. Forget putting your sleeping bag in a stuff-sack then putting it in the bottom compartment, you have to stuff it in then force it to zip.
Overall it will get the job done. But, your shoulders will hurt and you will wish you bought a better bag.
To be perfectly honest, in looking at the product description, I thought that the backpack would be a little small. It is huge!
No, wait, it is huge!
I was able to pack: a low temperature sleeping bag, a 5 gallon jug of water, medications, equipment, my individual shelter with all of its accoutrement, my tablet, my hand, charger, and a weeks worth of packaged food. Having used other backpacks, this was absolutely amazing!
(I am probably not doing a very good job of hiding my enthusiasm for this backpack.)
It has a variety of pockets and loops that allow you to easily access items while you continued to hike or walk.
It is also highly adjustable, and it contains frame that allows it to evenly distribute the weight. This is a big deal if you’re going to walk for more than 3 miles (5 km).
Another issue that I’ve had with previous backpacks is that they don’t hold up to the wear and tear. This monster has survived hiking, wilderness conditions, and several trips through the airport luggage department.
To be honest, I need to add one caveat. One of its strengths is also a weakness. You are going to have a difficult time carrying this into the passenger compartment of an airplane. You can certainly edit through security and gate check it, but it would be difficult to get it into most passenger compartments. Why am I bringing this up? If you pack delicate things in it, e.g., computers, tablets, or anything fragile, you need to be aware that it’s going to be roughly handled during air travel.
That said, I absolutely adore this backpack. I highly recommended or seasoned traveler.
Well done Amazon!