- Product Dimensions: 15 x 26.2 x 7 inches ; 4.32 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 5.3 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B06Y5M3D4P
- Item model number: ZH1704013
- Customer Reviews:
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,606 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors)
AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly
& FREE Shipping. Details
Return this item for free
|You Save:||$12.16 (19%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Internal-frame backpack with 55 L capacity (50 L + 5 L extension collar); made of durable polyester; ideal for hiking and camping
- Extensive storage pockets and compartments; large sleeping-bag compartment; multi-directional compression straps
- Adjustable straps and padded shoulder straps for a comfortable fit; open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels for lower-back support and airflow
- Water-repellent exterior coating and integrated water-resistant rainfly for light rain; waterproof cover included for heavier rain; choice of color
- Measures 35 inches long; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly
Gear up for your next great outdoor adventure with the AmazonBasics Internal Frame Hiking Backpack with Rainfly. Ideal for hiking and camping, the backpack provides a durable design for reliable performance, and it offers loads of space for all those must-have essentials. Best of all, it ensures a comfortable fit that will help inspire you further along the trail and onto that next beautiful vista.
Made of durable polyester, the hiking backpack comes in a choice of color (green or black) and a choice of size (70L, 60L, or 50L)—each with an extension collar for an additional 5L of optional storage space.
- Internal-frame backpack for hiking and camping
- Durable polyester construction
- Extensive storage pockets and compartments
- Large sleeping-bag compartment
- Multi-directional compression straps
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit
- Lumbar support for added comfort
- Thick padded shoulder straps
- Integrated water-resistant rainfly
- Water-repellent exterior coating for light rain
- Waterproof cover for heavier rain
- Extension collar for added, optional storage space
- Choice of color and size
- Backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty
Designed for a variety of body sizes, the backpack provides a secure, fully adjustable fit around the torso, an adjustable waist belt, and adjustable straps at the shoulders for upper-load balance and support. An open-cell foam lumbar pad and molded channels offer important lower-back support and promote increased airflow, while thick padded shoulder straps make even heavier loads comfortable to carry. The backpack’s design accommodates women and men, youth and adults alike.
Let It Rain
Don’t let a little rain slow you down. The hiking backpack features a water-repellent exterior coating, plus an integrated water-resistant rainfly, which prevents light rain from getting inside. For heavier rain, use the included waterproof cover to keep everything from clothing and food to cameras and other electronics safely protected and dry.
Ample Storage Space
Extensive pockets and roomy compartments help keep stored items organized and easy to find. Even more, the backpack comes equipped with multi-directional compression straps, which help hold your gear securely in place and prevent items from jostling around.
Sleeping Bag Compartment
The backpack’s large sleeping-bag compartment provides designated space for neatly packing and transporting your sleeping bag. The sleeping bag remains perfectly rolled and easy to access right when you need it, whether sleeping in a tent or under the stars.
Style Name: 55 L | Color: Black
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The cup holder nets on the sides are already torn up from climbing and general use. (I'd recommend matching the fabric the rest of the pack is made out of rather than netting and making them slightly larger, barely fit a 32oz water bottle in/under the pouch above)
2. The stitching on the top and bottom sinch points are not sturdy, I already have fraying and stitches coming loose from attaching a tent/sleeping pad.
3. The shoulder strap adjusters do not hold the straps in place with a 55lb load in the pack. I had to keep tightening them down while walking.
4. Like other reviewers have said the sleeping bag section in the bottom is barely big enough for a standard size 30 degree sleeping bag. Forget putting your sleeping bag in a stuff-sack then putting it in the bottom compartment, you have to stuff it in then force it to zip.
Overall it will get the job done. But, your shoulders will hurt and you will wish you bought a better bag.
Though I got 75L size, it just doesn't feel like it has much more capacity than my 60L, so consider that in your sizing if you chose to buy it. If you were to pack out the top (that ripped out as I noted above) fully to use the advertised 75L, the top closure would not cover the load.
I liked the included rain cover, and the pack has more external load and compression straps that you could possibly ever use. Would have made some concessions on performance and quality since I only intended to hike 3 mi in and 3 mi out once a year and it was so affordable, but it just did not live up to even my modest expectations.
If you're looking for something basic for travel, you're not looking to weigh this down maybe toss no more that a week's clothes into, it would likely be good for that. Anything else, look elsewhere
cost, many thoughtful pockets; clearly has little touches that involved thought to put together (and even more surprising at this prices); able to keep sleeping bag and a stuff sack for liner in the sleeping bag compartment; waterproof tarp came in handy in snow; zippers worked reliably; like that it's all black;
the shoulder slaps always slacken if doing heavy backpacking suddenly given they are positioned against chest, so I'm always unable to get optimal chest fit (or else I have to straighten them out every minute or every hard step I take). if bottle holder were a touch bigger might have been more handy
Top international reviews
Wie zb kann man durch das Schlafsackfach von unten an das große Staufach ran.
Das Staufach ist schön groß und es gibt mehrere kleine Taschen .
Jetzt zum negativen was mich dazu bewegt hat diesen Rucksack schlecht zu Bewerten .
Leute kauft ihn euch nicht . Der Rucksack weist einen massiven Materialmangel auf der die Wanderung/Campen total versauen kann.
Die Größen Verstellung ist quasi eine Schlaufe,
wenn der Rucksack bepackt ist rutscht er in der Schlaufe hin und her. Dabei erzeugt er ein lautes quietschen. Dann ist vorbei mit Natur genießen oder ihr werdet zur lachnummer auf dem Campingplatz .
Resonanz Amazon hat an sich einen hervorragenden Rucksack mit einem Materialfehler geliefert.
Bei Ankunft sah der Rucksack recht robust aus, doch das sollte sich als Trugschluss erweisen. Obwohl mir ein versierter BackPack Reisender die Gurte auf meine 159cm Körpergröße eingestellt hatte, lösten sie sich nach wenigen Metern laufen, sodass ich ständig nachziehen musste. Das ist an sich schon nervig, aber wenn man Unterarmgehilfen braucht besonders ärgerlich.
Ich hatte den Rucksack für den Wochenendtrip mit 1 Jeans, 3 T-Shirt, Unterwäsche, Socken für 3 Tage sowie Waschzeug und 2 Handtüchern gepackt. Insgesamt ein Gewicht von 15 Kilo. Auf eine gleichmäßige Verteilung hatte ich geachtet. Dennoch riss bereits bei der ersten Nutzung der rechte Schultergurt auf einer Länge von 20 cm auf. Wenn einem das bei einer 2-wöchigen Tour durch Asien passiert ist man aufgeschmissen.
Entweder habe ich ein Montagsmodell erwischt, oder die Verarbeitung ist mangelhaft, respektive das Material von schlechter Qualität. Da es mich zudem genervt hat, dass ich alle paar Meter die Gurte justieren musste, habe ich auf eine Ersatzlieferung verzichtet und stattdessen den Kaufbetrag erstatten lassen.
- sleeping bag packed to the size of a standard 590ml bottle
- packable cot roughly the size of a football
- packable camp chair which is slightly longer than a football
- coleman single burner stove
- packable cookware roughly the size of a small pot
- a 6x10" packing cube with clothes
The backpack was stuffed and could not fit anymore gear inside. This does not include all the small pockets on the top and the sides. My wife was carrying the food but I guess I could have stuffed it on the outside pockets. I hope this gives people a better idea of what can be stored inside.
On the outside, there are tons of loops (or molle system) that you can attach flashlights, and other random accessories. I used the outside straps to attach my 3-person tent and tarp. I can just barely fit a coleman propane tank in one of the outside side pockets.
The straps are what I had the most problems with. Please have an experienced backpacker review your strap positions. When I first carried the 45-50lb backpack for 1 km, I was complaining it was very uncomfortable as all the weight was on my shoulder. If you've experienced a similar issue, you're carrying your backpack wrong. When I had my friend adjust the height of the lumber pad and tighten up the straps, this helped initially but what makes the biggest difference is adjusting your waist strap so it is tight against your waist. The majority of the backpack weight should sit on your waist so there is practically no weight on your shoulders. It made the biggest difference especially when we had to hike in 15 kms to our campsite. My gripe with the straps is that occasionally they would become loose when walking. Every km or so, I would need to re-tighten them because they have slipped out of place. I don't know if it's because my pack was too heavy but this is my main concern.
Aside from the strap, I honestly couldn't complain for a pack that costs 1/4 of most brand-name packs. Ergonomics all comes down to sizing to your needs. Build quality is good and should last for many trips outdoors. It's best to have someone assess the way you carry your pack and you would be so happy to know you can use that extra cash you saved on other gear!
- Tutte le cinghie (quelle delle spalline in particolare) sono come scivolose, quasi oleose, e si allentano facilmente anche con carichi minimi (come un materassino).
- Lo schienale è regolabile ma il velcro è di almeno tre centimetri più stretto dell'alloggiamento per cui le spalline si muovono orizzontalmente abbastanza da far notare lo sbilanciamento del peso sullo zaino. Ergonomicamente non penso sia accettabile.
- I cordini delle cerniere non sono fusi e rischiano di sfilacciarsi facilmente. Tutte le chiusure non sono nemmeno a incastro e i due pezzi di plastica che li compongono si separano molto facilmente, è un miracolo non averne perso nessuno.
- Il "telaio" è in realtà un pannello di plastica inserito in un'intercapedine lungo lo schienale, ma la cui cerniera di accesso è più stretta del pannello. Il pannello va quindi "piegato" per essere rimosso (per esempio per lavare lo zaino) e dopo una sola rimozione già perdeva la forma, il che mi fa dubitare fortemente della sua durabilità.
- Attaccate al pannello di plastica ci sono due barre di alluminio rimuovibili alloggiate in tasche di tessuto apribili solo da un lato. Le barre sono coperte alle estremità da tappini di plastica che però non sono incollati per cui all'atto della rimozione quello in fondo alla tasca si sfila e rimane sul fondo.
- Al contrario di quanto scritto in una delle domande, non era presente alcuna tasca per cellulare sulle cinghie laterali.
Al contrario di molti altri prodotti Amazonbasics (essenziali, ma ben pensati ed economici), questo prodotto si è rivelato troppo acerbo e disattento a dettagli importanti, soprattutto alla luce di concorrenti come Quechua che a prezzi addirittura minori offre prodotti equivalenti e più attenti ai particolari. È un peccato per uno zaino dai materiali e cuciture apparentemente durevoli e dalle cerniere heavy duty che sembravano in sè solide (cordini a parte)
I got this knowing I would have to carry a lot of items, including heavy boots, first aid kit, and a tent and unfortunately, the straps cannot handle the weight. Every time I would put it on my back I would have to adjust the straps, just for them to extend completely when I would pick it up off the ground.
This is just a minor nuisance for most, but when you have to do this every single time on a journey where you know you will put your bag on the ground on multiple occasions is incredibly irritating and it just wasn't working for me.
If it weren't for the straps I would recommend this to everyone. The bag has multiple pockets and sections that are easy to get to and the clasps are in good positions so it all stays secure. The biggest compartment in the middle has 2 drawstrings to make sure it is closed off completely.
Underneath the big compartment is a smaller one I used for my boots, it is completely separate from the big compartment so even if you put dirty boots in there everything in your main compartment will stay clean. The top also has 2 compartments, one with a zipper on the inside which you can't reach once you closed the bag completely (which is actually quite large), and one on the outside with a zipper on the back where you can store items you will need to get out regularly.
And of course, the 2 side compartments which can hold a lot of items, I managed to get a mosquito net, sunscreen as well as bug spray into a single one.
Again if it weren't for the straps I would really recommend this, sadly they were a big dealbreaker for me. Just something you should keep in mind if you consider buying this.
What lets it down is the lack of testing; if you carry a lot of weight in the bag over a few days then the straps on the rear of the bag begin to shrivel very slightly. What this ends up doing is causing the once ridged structure to slightly sway side to side and not stay fully against your back; this, in turn, causes squeaking and discomfort. I have attached a picture of the straps that start to shrivel if you attach the highlighted back strap to them. As the straps shrivel, you end up having to move the height further and further down in order to use new straps until it's too low to use the bag anymore.
Ich dachte, das könnte eine Art Prestige-Artikel sein, wo man aufgrund des recht günstigen Preises doch ein gutes Produkt bekommt, für das Amazon mit dem Namen steht aber leider war es doch einfach nur billig. So macht die Wanderung keinen Spaß.
Alle Rucksäcke haben mich überzeugt. Habe mich dann gegen 80L entschieden, da der Rucksack wirklich riesig ist und ich glaube, dass man mit 65l gut auskommt und alles hineinbekommt. Man muss alles mitgenommene ja auch tragen..
Der Amazon-Rucksack wirkte etwas besser durchdacht mit mehr Taschen uns staumöglichkeiten.
Aber auch der Brandit Aviator ist hier nicht schlecht ausgestattet.
Auch die Verarbeitung wirkte bei allen Modellen wirklich gut.
Entschieden habe ich mich dann für den Aviator, da ich disesn beim tragen bequemer fand als den von Amazon.
Das Steißbeinpolster war hier für mich besser positioniert und gepolstert.
Auch wenn die Ausstattung beim Amazon etwas besser war habe ich mich dann für den Tragekomfort des Brandit entschieden.
Amazon a fait fort, très fort de pouvoir sortir un sac d’une telle qualité à ce prix!
Les coutures sont robustes et non pas bougées.
Énormément de poche, ça parait beaucoup mais au final tellement pratique..
Una cosa es que las calidades no coincidan con las que se aprecian en las fotos, pero otra muy diferente es que el producto sea diferente al que se muestra en las fotos.
No sé si se trata de un error al empaquetar, o un acto deliberado de intentar colar un producto de muchísima menos calidad y que no corresponde con la realidad, de ser esto último me parece de vergüenza.