Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AmazonBasics Large DSLR Gadget Bag (Orange interior)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

Style: Orange Interior|Size: Large|Change

on August 22, 2013
I just converted from my old dinosaur DSLR equipment and the huge bag it takes to hold everything to a DLSM (mirrorless) micro 4/3rds system. Since I no longer need a huge bag to haul my new system, I tried two other bags...then, I found this bag. I am not kidding, this bag is absolutely perfect. It holds my Panasonic Lumix G series body with a pancake lens, two Lumix power zoom lenses, filters and has just enough room left for another small camera like a superzoom. It is extremely well padded with adjustable compartments. There is plenty of secure extra storage for a phone, extra batteries, charger, etc. There is even a padded place for an iPad. The bag is easy to open with one hand and sits flat on it's bottom. It is perfect for the car. It sits well out of sight on the floorboard and when I need it, I can put it in the passenger seat and access everything I need without it slipping or sliding around like larger bags tend to do. If you want a top quality, incognito, camera bag look no further. Amazon hit a home run with this one.

UPDATE: I have had the bag several months now and it still impresses me. There is nothing I would change about this "five star" bag.

UPDATE: June 2015. Bag is holding up like a champ. No wear, nothing broken and hauling FIVE lenses and a camera body.
66 comments| 160 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2014
I bought this camera bag to house my Nikon D5200 because a prior Case Logic bag I bought wasn't big enough (it was still quite nice, but just too small).

Here are my pros and cons.
Pros
1. Spacious. It fits the camera, lens, cables, battery, and battery charger all in the main compartment. I have the manual in the front pocket and there are still 2 empty pockets for me to place other things.
2. Looks nice. The orange interior makes finding things easier (a black interior would make literally everything blend in) and the exterior is well made.
3. The main compartment has 2 straps, velcro, and a zipper. I feel like my stuff is safe.
4. I haven't seen any of the issues with straps that others have mentioned. Not calling them liars or anything, but maybe theirs should've been exchanged for one without those problems.
5. Comes with a second strap that's attached to the sides if you prefer to use that rather than the handle that's already there.
6. The main compartment is customizable. You can remove the dividers and place them where you want. I liked this a lot because it lets me space out the inside how I like.

Cons
1. The main compartment takes a minute to get into. If you're forgetful like I am and have to get into the main compartment over and over again to get stuff you forget, this can get tedious.
2. You have to attach the straps to carry this bag by the handle. However, Pro #5 kind of cancels this out.

Overall, if you're buying a DSLR and you don't have a billion lenses, this is a great purchase. Multiple ways to carry it, lots of space, nice colors and build quality. AmazonBasics is becoming more and more awesome and I'm glad I got this bag. I'd recommend it to anyone who has a camera, a couple of lenses, and a need for some extra space.
22 comments| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 23, 2014
In the main compartment I have my Canon SL1 with the 55-250 lens on. I also have my Canon 18-55 lens, my Tamron 18-270 lens, my Panasonic HDC camcorder and my Canon 430EX II flash in its case. Everything fits in there very comfortably and securely. I still have a large pocket in the back of the main section where I have 2 camera lens covers, a microfiber cloth and a UV filter. In one of the side pockets I have two extra Vivitar batteries and a charger with a car charger (2 Pack) LP-E12 Battery and Charger Kit for for CANON REBEL SL1, EOS M, 100D - Includes: 2 Vivitar Ultra High Capacity Rechargeable 1275mAh Li-ion Batteries + AC/DC Vivitar Rapid Travel Charger + Cleaning Kit + MagicFiber Microfiber Lens Cleaning Cloth . I still have another side pocket that I haven't even used. It is comfortable to carry and at only $20 this case deserves 10 stars. With the exception of not having an all weather cover, this case is perfect......
review image
44 comments| 139 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon October 20, 2013
Style: Gray Interior|Size: Large|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
OK, I got this through the Vine program, so for me, "free" was the best price. However, the $24.99 that this is going for right now is still a great price. Especially since this is so well built. This is called a "gadget" bag, but it's really a DSLR camera bag. This is great for your camera, your lenses, various batteries, a small tablet (like a Kindle) and probably a bunch of other stuff, but I ran out of camera things. If you take the cushions out and leave it somewhere, you'll find that an 11 lb cat will fit in it, though he can't lay down. But he will try.

Once you chase the cat out, if you don't want to put in a DLSR, you can fit a Kindle Paperwhite with a case, a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 in a Quorky case, an Elph camera with a case, a Limeade Blaset 18000 mah with case, an EasyAcc 12000mah power bank (without a case, though I'm sure if it's not too big, you can include it), various charging plugs, a screen wipe, and a small thing of lotion. If you take the internal cushioned separators out, you can put Grumpy Cat: A Grumpy Book, a small bag of jerky, and a candy bar. That's not even including the stuff you can put in the two side pockets and the front pocket.

All silliness aside, this is really well built. The stitching is tight, the zippers run smooth, the sides are cushioned really well, and the things that are for separating your lenses and stuff are also good cushions. This is small enough to shove under the airplane seat in front of you, even if you're flying cattle class, yet as long as the person in front doesn't lean back, you can pull it back out again to get your stuff while the plane is flying.

This is not TSA friendly, though. If you have a lot of batteries or things with batteries in there, either take them out and put them in the plastic bins, or resign yourself to a pat down. (There is lead in batteries, and x-rays don't go through lead. TSA people get weird about this - FYI.)

This is very nice, looks professional, and is well built.
44 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 21, 2014
The interiors are very soft and give the security I need for the camera and extra lenses. Everything I would carry normally fits nicely and the zippers and pockets are strong. I would say the quality is very high. The case is waterproof, which is what finally made me purchase it, this was a very important factor for me. I'm very pleased with this item. Amazon developed a high quality camera case for a very reasonable price, and can compete with the big photography equipment brands.
review image
on December 20, 2014
Awesome bag! As you can see in the image, it's holding my Canon 70D fitted with a 18-135 lens and filter+hood, and also another Canon 70-300 USM lens, and a 50 mm f/1.8 lens (I can stack up more on top of the 50mm like another 85 mm or 40mm pancake if needed. There's also my oversized Pixel Mago flash with diffuser and also my Sony PJ820 Handycam. On the side pockets, it's holding the battery charger, all of the batteries and cleaning kit. In the pockets are filters, spare memory cards, cables, etc. As you can see, the bag is slightly stressed but once closed (pic 3), it works smoothly and protects everything nicely. My tripod/monopod can hook up to it as well although I like to keep that separately. I love the fact that it can hold so much. I especially love the fact that the whole strap can go cross shoulder for my size (since I am relatively huge guy). Overall, Love this bag and will keep an eye on a MkII version of this.
review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 10, 2014
The price! Lots of different pockets large and small, a handle and a strap and well padded. The three main compartments are adjustable because the two padded dividers mount with Velcro and can be moved. The tops of the dividers fold down creating a second tier about 3 inches deep. There are two compartments sized for lens filters and a zippered front outside pocket about 10" x 6" that's shallow, but you can stuff it like a pouch.

The overall quality is good but not special, using plastic to connect the strap when metal would have been better. Only time will tell and if the strap does break loose it's repairable (by using large keyrings) and I've still got the handle until I do, but I don't believe the bag will ever become heavy enough. The strap works well and because you can slide the padding you're able to able to wear it at whatever height you choose, off of one shoulder, worn across your chest it could be longer or changed for another strap you probably already have.

This bag would be weather resistant as it has folding flaps at the hinge that come down at the sides to the inside but not weather proof and I sprayed mine with Scotchgard, this having a canvas rather than a ripstop plastic feel.

I have no problem with the plastic buckle because it's the same type used on many travel and briefcases you've likely seen many times, as hard as I pull it, mine won't come apart and all the stitching is good.

At this price I really think this is good and probably all I need. My Nikon D5200, 18-55, 70-300 lenses, 8 filters (two cases), hood and all smaller accessories (batteries, cards, cables, etc) plus blower, cloths and cleaners fit with room to spare but snugly and that second tier could still carry a sandwich, on the other hand it's not big and bulky. The inside measurements are 10" x 4" x 8" D but understand that with the padding and this being soft sided you could squeeze another inch or more each way if needed.

Another AmazonBasics product I would recommend is this 70-inch Adjustable Pistol Grip Head Tripod.

I'd recommend this bag unless you'd prefer metal instead of plastic strap rings and hooks and polyester/Denier material, which will probably cost significantly more. I hope this helps you to choose your online purchase.

*Update* 7/31/15 I just want to say that this bag is holding up. It's been used constantly and has been in 13 states, it gets dirty, but I can clean it up and it's like new again.
77 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2013
You'll have to look hard to find a better camera bag for twice the money. It's "old school" in looks and subdivision. Convenient size for the casual shooter. It holds my Sony NEX with mounted 18-55mm zoom, a 55-210, a couple pancake lenses, plus sunshades, and a few filters in the main compartment with typical velcro dividers. Other pockets organize batteries, charger, cables, etc. No superfluous zippers or rings. The shoulder strap is wide and has a non-slip pad that's comfortable. The bright orange interior helps you find things. Outside straps for carrying a small tripod or umbrella are a plus. It's low-key too, a just tiny "AmazonBasics" logo. Seems well constructed; time will tell. Beneath the buckled top flap there's a zippered inner flap that's redundant except for the mesh pocket attached to it.

Minor peeves: The plastic buckles securing the outer flap often require both hands to secure. The adjusters for the tripod straps are clumsy. There's no waterproof cover...I carry a big plastic bag. I wish they made it in khaki or gray.
on March 24, 2014
What I really like about this bag, is that I can change the compartment size because it uses Velcro. My camera feels nice and secure. There are enough compartments to hold additional items, as well as my iPad (which is a plus). It fits my camera with the lens attached to it, as well as an additional lens which is stored in the other compartment. You can't beat this price! I am satisfied!
review image review image
on October 26, 2013
Unfortunately I have to give it a 3 star. The size was what I was looking for and for the price I was happy with how it looked. The downside was the front buckle slipped out of the strap and did not stay attached. There is no zipper or any kind of a top cover other than where the buckle closes in the front. So if that doesn't keep snapped while you are walking and holding the top, all my gear could have potentially fallen out on the concrete. I would definitely recommend whoever gets this, to take a close look at their buckle and do a self sew job as a reinforcement.