Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,498 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,886 reviews
on January 17, 2014
O.K. boys and girls. This is my honest opinion of this very fine product.
I have been to a lot of my friends houses and it seems that they all have some sort of small bluetooth speaker ranging in prices from $40 bucks up to $200 bucks. In comparison, I love what I got for such a good price. For one thing when compared to the $40 dollar speaker, the Amazon Basics seem to have more bass and the $40 dollar speaker didn't have the ability to answer a cell phone. When compared to the $120 dollar speakers, I'd have to say they sound about the same for half the price. They both had speaker phone capabilities. The $200 dollar speaker did sound better and had more bass but the Amazon Basics is half the price, and, it is a lot more smaller and is more easy to move around from location to location in my book bag. It paired with ease to my iPhone and my computer. The buttons are good sized and placed well for me. It feels very solid in hand. Not a brick with large magnets on the speakers. Just solid like it won't fall apart. I ran several types of music through it. Some with a lot of bass and at full volume on both my iPhone and the speaker. It did not distort the music at all for me. It seemed like the manufacture capped the volume so it would sound clean at full volume. Also, at full volume on both my iPhone and the speaker, there was no noticeable sound or his when the music was not playing. Nice and quiet. All this testing was done with the charge that came with the speaker out of the box. All in all I love it. The packaging that the speaker came in is very nice too. Easy to open and yet protects nicely.
Now for what I don't like.
Amazon! Why put out a awesome product and then drop the ball by only giving you a USB charging cable that is only 20" inches long? Seems to short for me to charge it from the most usual places. I have a AC/USB adapter that I can use but this short cord wont reach it from my desk. How many people have there computer on the floor? While charging, would you want to use the speaker down there? Now I have to purchase a longer cable and toss this one in the junk pile. Nothing big but it would have been nice for it to come with a standard sized cable.
Why not add a AC/USB adapter? Would have been nice but not needed for me.
Now just a pet peeve of mine.
It would have been nice to have a stereo jack out so you can daisy-chain a few of these speakers together for a larger get together.
Other than the USB cable, it is a very good speaker for its size with good sound that I think anyone would love without spending a lot of cash! I'll update this review about the battery life once I have had some more time using it.
Hope this review helps someone with there decision.

***One more suggestion Amazon. Design a inexpensive travel case so it won't get scratched up in my book bag.

- Quick Update 01-18-14 - I decided to take it apart to find out what was inside and how it was made.
Both the screens were inserted with a rubberized glue around the edges to hold them in and keep them from vibrating and making noises. The inside of the speaker box along with the wires and electronics are all lined with a foam material. The box is sealed! Where the plastic plate that holds the speakers in and attaches to the speaker box, it is screwed in and looks to be glued or hot glued to keep it air tight. The rest of my observations are from what I could see through the speaker openings after I took out the speakers. The speakers are of good make. Not the best but good. I don't think that the rear sub is an actual sub. From what I could see, nothing was hooked up to it. No metal frame and no magnet or wires. There was no visible battery but it may be housed in one of the switch housings. All in all it looks like it was very nicely made and not just cheeply thrown together. I like what I did see. I'll try to post some pics if I can.

- Update 01-25-14 - After a week in the office of use for up to 8 hours per day with the our digital printers running, I can safely say that the volume for such a small speaker is very good. I did get a little distortion at full volume from the bass on a few songs but I never seem to run it at full volume all that much. Yes. I have to agree with others that the sound is a little muddy but I believe that if it wasn't, the bass sound wouldn't be as good. Seems like a compromise to me that I don't mind. I do like the sound. Several times I did have a phone call while out at the machines and I was able to receive the call, talk and hang up with no problem. I asked the caller how I sounded and they all told me fine. There was no echo like you sometimes get on Skype. Several employees that I work with came in and listened and they liked it too. Two of them stated that they were going to order one too.
My printers were 17' and 25' away from my desk where my cell phone was. There is one wall that the signal had to pass through and I had no dropouts in the music and phone calls.
All in all it is a $60.00 dollar bluetooth speaker that does what it supposed to do and does it well. You shouldn't expect it to sound like a larger, more expensive system but I am very impressed with what I got.
One more note. The battery lasts for a long time. I charged it every other day with my workstations USB port and in about 4 hours it was done. That was while I was still using it at the same time.
Enjoy and have fun with your new bluetooth speaker :-)
I love mine.
review image review image review image review image
1111 comments| 1,426 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 19, 2017
I was skeptical at first that a $30 Bluetooth speaker could deliver quality sound and have the working features stated. The sound quality is as good as an Altec Lansing speaker which cost more than $100. I am impressed with the sound and features. I would not only recommend this to others, but am going to purchase another Amazon Basics Bluetooth speaker.
on December 31, 2016
Read the other reviews and gave this speaker a try. Arrived quickly (thank you Amazon) and hooked up once I gave it a quick charge. I am running an iPhone 7 Plus and the sound quality is excellent. iOS 10.2 shows a headphone icon and a battery indicator for the speaker on the display. The speakers are a little on the small side - not much bass, but the highs and mids are clear. Pretty good Bluetooth range and works great with Pandora. I travel for business and this fits perfectly in my carry on.

Give it a try - for the money you will be very pleased.
on March 4, 2017
I've bought 2 of these, only because I lost my first one. For the price you pay, they are amazing. They don't have a lot of bass like some of the other bluetooth speakers, but thats fine. Would recommend. And I have recommended.
on July 3, 2016
At first the product was good but it didn't last long.. The quality started to die and began to make fuzzy noises. Also, it would turn on and off on its own. It still works but can be bothersome and I would recommend looking into another pair of speakers.
on July 21, 2016
I wasn't expecting a lot from such a cheap speaker, but I've been consistently impressed. It has a VERY decent bass kick to it with no distortion/fuzziness and excellent sound quality for such a small soundbar. The only thing I can think of is that it isn't SUPER loud, but it doesn't really need to be in a small room (mine lives in the bathroom). It's super portable, neat but unobtrusive in look and about the size of a tallboy aluminum drink can. I listen to a lot of rap on this speaker, and I'm always very happy about the quality of sound that I get from it. Even if this one dies on me, I'll get another one.
on April 8, 2015
I got this speaker primarily for listening to music while playing golf or on my back patio at home. It is perfectly adequate for those needs. This is a very good bluetooth speaker with good sound and good range (50 feet or so).

My inspiration for buying a bluetooth speaker was my parents' Bose SoundLink Mini ($200), which is the Bose equivalent of this speaker. The SoundLink Mini's sound quality is spectacular, significantly better than the AmazonBasics one. This is the only reason I gave four stars instead of five.

Having said that, I'm more than happy with my purchase. If you really want top quality sound and are willing to spend quite a bit more, go for the Bose. The difference is undeniable. However, if you just want a solid bluetooth speaker with pretty good sound and volume, this AmazonBasics speaker is a great buy for a fourth the price.
on November 9, 2014
Just got this and was really excited to try it out. Pairing w/ iPhone 6 took a couple tries, but I'm guessing it was on the iPhone side bc it only took a restart of the iPhone to get it to pair.

Sound is impressive. I was initially skeptical bc I bought the Amazon headphones and they weren't all that great. But this thing delivers! It's got great sound and is perfect for use in a 400 sq ft living room, not to mention the smaller dining room we plan to use it in.

I had gone to best buy to hear the sound from the bose mini and beats pill and didn't care for anything (including the larger offerings from bose and beats). With this, I saved at least $100 and get great sound with easy portability when needed (although I haven't tested the battery while playing unconnected).

I would absolutely recommend this as an easy way to get a playlist played for a family gathering or a small dinner with the kids and wife. I'm really happy with this purchase.
on October 18, 2016
I was very surprised at this little speaker. I bought this as a gift for my sister and was taken back at the sound quality compared to the one I had bought at twice the price. It is a simple no nonsense quality product at a great price. I recommended this speaker to anyone who uses a bluetooth speaker with their devices and computer. You will not be disappointed.
on March 22, 2015
I bought this because of the many very good online reviews and that it's small and portable. And I totally agree. This little thing rules!
I found this on amazon refirb and got it for an even lower price, and an excellent quality still.
I mostly use it in my kitchen while I cook. I have my iPhone via bluetooth and it sounds very good, better than expected from two little 3-watt speakers. I listen to a lot of reggae and old ska and the bass comes through well. Plenty of volume to fill a typical room in a house, and it can crank pretty loud as well. I also use a sirius radio with this speaker and it sounds great and louder too. (The line input is louder than using the bluetooth connection. This is always expected though.)
I like that it's small enough to pack in with luggage, and works on battery power if I want to bring it on a trip or place it outside.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.