Amazon Basics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles - 2-Quart
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Pre-seasoned cast iron dutch oven with side handles; oven safe to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cast iron for even heat distribution and retention; pre-seasoned products don't have non-stick function; hand wash only
- Always use hot-pads, oven mitts, or potholders while moving or removing cast iron cookware on or from the stove or oven.
- Holds 2 quarts
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Compare with similar items
An Amazon Brand
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. All cast iron can crack and break - since they are brittle by nature. One way to think about it as sturdy stoneware.
2. Amazonbasics will get you there pretty much - in terms of all your needs for the cast iron cookware.
3. Before you use, rinse with hot water and dry immediately. Then start working on seasoning your cast iron.
4. I use vegetable shortening, oil or canola oil. Know their smoke points. For ex, vege shortening is 350-370. Set your oven temperature to 450 degrees. Bake for 1 hour with the pots overturned on the racks after applying a thin coat of the shortening on cookware. This creates a thin layer of baked (polymer?) oil on the pots and pans.
5. When you cook with your cast iron, start low, give it time to heat up as cast iron is a poor conductor of heat but is good in retaining the heat due to higher thermal mass.
6. Add your cooking fat, spread it around with a silicone spatula (so you dont scrape off your seasoning - if you do, no worries, just reseason).
7. Cook your meal.
8. Empty your pot, remove any food sticking (you should have very less if you follow all the steps). Then wipe down the pot with a paper towl, rinse and dry.
9. Apply oil or shortening and heat pan on stove top to smoking point for 3-5 minutes. Turn off your stove and put the pot away from water sources for storage.
A final point, I bought both Lodge and AmazonBasics products, I have to say that I am very impressed with Amazon for packing their product super well. I got both products on the same day, Lodge in its original packaging - broken on arrival, and AmazonBasics bigger heavier and unscathed!!! At this price, have fun, what are you waiting for!!!
Note: I did not receive any incentive for this review, just loved the product and service from Amazon and got down to writing.
By TheFlamingHips on January 16, 2019
By Florida TomG on October 3, 2019
Well built? It's solid cast iron! Take care of it and your grandchildren can give it to their grandchildren. But you'll have to treat it well.
The seasoning done on the steel is barely adequate. It's enough to ship it to an end user, but no more than that.
It is not even a little bit machined. The interior surface was pretty rough. Some folks are OK with that; I'm not, so I went after it with a rotary sander, and it is a LOT better. I needed to re-season it, of course, but I needed to re-season it anyway.
Lodge makes a competing piece ( Lodge L2SP3 Cast Iron Serving Pot, Pre-Seasoned, 2-Quart ), but the price varies. This AmazonBasics unit was $20. The Lodge piece jumped from $25 to $33 the day I needed to make my purchase. If it had still been $25, I would have (and should have) chosen the Lodge.
But I'm keeping this one. It's cute!
Top reviews from other countries
Das Produkt ist wirklich miserabel verarbeitet. Der Boden ist durch das AmazonBasics Emblem nicht eben, sodass der Topf nicht zu 100% auf der Kochplatte aufliegt. Dadurch wackelt der Topf beim Rühren die ganze Zeit hin und her. Zusätzlich hat man bei einem Induktionsherd und vorallem bei einem Ceranfeld einen extremen Energieverlust.
Der Deckel ist ebenfalls sehr unrund verarbeitet und liegt nicht optimal auf. Beim schmoren wackelt dieser schon mal kleinlaut und kann einem echt die Nerven kosten.
Jetzt komme ich aber zu dem größten Minus Punkt
Das Material ist extrem Rau. Durch kleine Verschiebungen auf meinen Induktionherd habe ich mir extreme Kratzer in der Oberflächen eingefangen. Nach 4 Jahren Nutzung sind das die ersten grobem Kratzer, was mich extrem ärgert.
Dieser Topf kann wirklich nur auf einem Gasherd oder im Backofen genutzt werden. Auf einem normalen Herd macht Ihr euch alles kaputt.
Und achtet mal auf das Gewicht. Knapp 8.5 Kg kann bei waschen schon mühsam werden
Obwohl ich den Topf zu dem Vorverkaufspreis von 28€ erhalten habe, geht dieser Retour.
BITTE TUN SIE DIESES TEIL AUS DEM ANGEBOT RAUS!!!! Und rufen in China beim Produzenten an und fragen Ihn mit welcher Farbe oder welchem Eisen er dies produziert hat...
Reviewed in Spain on December 25, 2018