Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Fall Reading Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 194 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 231 reviews
on June 27, 2012
I purchased two of these cards and have used them in my Canon 60D. Unfortunately, one of them went into complete physical failure while I was shooting my daughter doing dance, causing me to lose several days worth of photos. By this, I do not merely mean corruption of data, but the card is no longer recognizable by any device, camera or computer. Hopefully this failure was but one of a very small fraction that fail catastrophically. If that's the case, my 1 star review will be in the minority. Thus far, the other card has been OK, but I've limited its use to photo frames where anything it loses is backed up elsewhere.

In my case, the photos I had stored on the card from the past several days were of far greater value to me than the the card itself. I spoke to some service people at Staples about data recovery options, and they quoted my a price near $500 should they be successful at recovering any data. For that reason, I decided to let it go. My greatest mistake of all was neglecting to remove all the photos from the card at the end of the day I shot them. With these very large cards that fill slowly, that is a very good habit to acquire. Trust me, it may save you a great deal of disappointment later.
on September 15, 2017
Excellent value. I still use these things for quick projects every single week. They have been initialized and reused dozens of times and still work fine with my camcorder. Great buy!
on November 3, 2013
After owning this SD card for two years, one month and six days (thanks Amazon for keeping record), this storage card finally called it quits. While it worked wonderfully during that time period, it's ugly inadequacies showed themselves this past week. I used the storage card solely in my Zoom H4 for portable audio recording. The large storage capacity made it wonderful for keeping items on the card even through a few months of occasional recording. I went into a recording session this past Thursday and recorded for about forty five minutes. It was only when I went to turn the recorder off that it said "Card Full!" I went to check the files on my computer which were irretrievable. Both computers I own (Mac & PC) and the Zoom device asked me to reformat the card--I lost everything on the card!

Upon playing with that card and another SD card this evening, it has become evident that the SD card is to blame and not the Zoom recorder nor any card/recorder/computer interactions. I tested recording and after about a minute of recording, the same "Card Full!" message displayed and the file was irretrievable. My recommendation would be to purchase name brand storage cards (I have several "Amazon Basics" items and am now reconsidering some of them) especially if you plan to keep precious documents that cannot be re-created for long- or short-term.
on October 9, 2012
I bought this for my folks to use on their Toshiba tablet, mainly for watching movies. I figured Class 4 would be OK for that. It's been awhile since I've bought a class 4 card I guess, cause the write speeds were pretty darn slow. Took about 7 minutes to transfer a file about 1.4 GB. I know, I know...that's probably typical for class 4 and I should have known about that before I bought it. Just wanted to give people an idea about write speeds on this thing. I didn't take off any stars for that.
I took off two stars because the card insisted that it needed to be formatted before I could even use it and the windows formatter kept failing to format it. I tried on two different Windows 7 computers. I had to pull out an old program I had for formatting SD cards for cameras. Once I finally got it to format, it's been functioning OK, but it's only been a couple days. So I don't have a ton of faith in it. I wouldn't trust it in my cameras.
Next time, I will spend a bit more and get a faster card made by a more established brand.
on January 11, 2012
The lazy version: save up for a brand name card.

I thought it would be great to throw 16 GB of music on an SD card and click it into my 2010 VW Golf. This card and the car don't get along well at all. Sometimes it would play half a song before having a read error. I tried for months to make it work by formatting it, putting my songs in different directories so there weren't too many songs in one, putting only a few hundred MB of songs on and a list of other suggestions on the VW forums. In the end I borrowed the SanDisk SD card from my camera, loaded it with the same songs and it has worked flawlessly for days. With the AmazonBasics SD card I was lucky to make it through a song. It wasn't consistent, I'd replay the same song that died one day and it would work on another day.

For low bandwidth use like listening to MP3s, I thought and SD card was an SD card. I was wrong. I'd avoid these cards and pony up a few more bucks for a brand name card that works. I may try the card out in my camera, but I don't take photos unless they are important. Since I can't trust it I have a card I don't want to use. I'd feel bad selling it, anyone want a free, slightly used, schizophrenic SD card?
on October 16, 2012
**PLEASE READ MY UPDATE - DO NOT BUY!**

I bought the 32GB card to shoot a wedding and it arrived quickly, worked flawlessly (write speed is a tad slow but entirely usable). However, 3 weeks after the wedding I tried using the card again and my camera said the card was damaged. I stuck it into the computer and the computer would not even recognize a card was there (and no the lock switch wasn't on)! I requested a return and Amazon promptly replaced the card with a new one and the replacement works flawlessly like the first one did. Hopefully it'll hold out for longer than a few weeks. We'll see. When it works it works great, then it randomly dies for no apparent reason

**UPDATE**

The same issue has happened to me again with a second card. The card will not recognize in my camera or computer. DO NOT BUY THIS CARD IT IS JUNK! It initially works then stops all of a sudden.
on March 24, 2017
I've used this product for years now.
16-32-64GB memory cards will allow you shoot away any momentous events of the fam when you're on vacation.
VINE VOICEon September 7, 2011
I have had no problems with my 8GB SD card and have used it for both photos and documents in a DSLR, Point and shoot as well as in my internal SD slot of my MacBook Air. The Amazon Basics products are workhorses designed to give you straight-forward production at less cost than some name brands. Amazon does that well here and I have no complaints. I would purchase other memory sizes of this same brand.
on September 11, 2012
I bought this at the end of 2011 just to try it, i usually buy scandisk. Just starting using it in a Nikon DSR camera this summer and all the pictures we have taken over the last month are corrupted. The card was always kept clean, in a normal environment - no extreme temperatures or drops, or water exposure of any kind. I tried using several recovery programs and it seems we have lost everything this summer. First time it has happened and i blame the card. We usually use Sandisk SD cards, these are older and all working perfectly. Can not recommend this card it just seems to have stopped working all by itself. Purchased a scandisk extreme SD card to replace this one. I guess you get what you pay for.
I purchased this AmazonBasics 32GB Class 4 SD Flash Memory Card for use with my new Dell Streak 7 Wi-Fi Tablet (Gray); 32 GB is the largest size SD card this unit can handle.

The card is excellent. Frankly, having purchased quite a few other AmazonBasics products, I expected no less.

I cannot comment on its read/write speed in a camera but for use in the Dell Streak 7, it is perfect.

I transferred some music MP3 files to it and I was able to access music instantly. The transfer time was fairly fast.

Its price is certainly 'right' (much lower than most competitors' prices) and AmazonBasics 'Frustration-Free' packaging is, as always, a welcome bonus.

For owners of this tablet computer (and probably for any other similar-type product) I give this 32GB SD card my wholehearted recommendation.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question