Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "AmazonBasics Sling Backpack for SLR Cameras" and save 7% off the $22.08 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
This item, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.
- Unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping
- Instant streaming of over 40,000 movies and TV episodes
- A Kindle book to borrow for free each month - with no due dates
- Over a million songs and hundreds of playlists
AmazonBasics Sling Backpack for SLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sling backpack holds and protects 1 smaller SLR camera body; 1-2 lenses, and additional small accessories
- Durable black polyester/nylon exterior; ample interior storage
- Distributed by Amazon.com; backed by one-year AmazonBasics warranty
- Internal Dimensions: 7.5" x 5" x 12" (LxWxH)
- External Dimensions: 8" x 6" x 16.5" (LxWxH)
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Sling Backpack for SLR Cameras
The AmazonBasics Sling Backpack for SLR Cameras has a heavily padded interior to protect all your camera equipment. The sling style makes it easy to switch from carrying your camera to accessing it when you quickly slide the backpack from your back to your front.
The bright orange interior makes finding your dark-colored camera gear a snap. Well-padded dividers adjust or remove easily to configure the interior to fit your unique storage needs. You can configure the interior as needed to fit your unique storage needs.
- Sling design allows for quick access to gear without taking off the backpack
- Bright orange interior makes finding dark-colored gear easy
- Padded dividers in main compartment are completely adjustable
- Rubber feet allows backpack to stand upright
- Dimensions: 39x15x22 cm (LxWxD); 1.5 pounds (0.68 kg)
Stow and go
The main compartment has enough room to hold your camera and main accessories. Two clear pockets inside the main compartment hold additional memory cards. The zippered end compartment and outside mesh pocket provide excellent storage for extra items like keys, cell phone, MP3 player, flash or batteries. A buckled strap secures your tripod to the side of the backpack.
Unlike traditional backpacks that you need to take off to get at your gear, the AmazonBasics Sling Backpack is designed for quick access. Just slide the backpack from your back to your front, unzip and grab your gear. Then flip it behind you again and start taking pictures.
Take a stand
The rubber feet on the bottom let you stand the backpack upright when you want to put it down. Use the top handle to easily lift the backpack when you're ready to go again.
|Item Dimensions||11 x 2 x 14.1 inches|
|Item Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 year|
|Shipping Weight||2.51 pounds|
Compare to similar items
Exclusively for Prime members
|FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Outdoor Master||kolip||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
The AmazonBasics sling backpack for SLR Cameras is designed to allow you to go from carry mode to ready mode in seconds by enabling smooth rotation of the backpack from back to front for fast and easy access to camera gear. The SLR sling backpack has extra space for personal items, faster access, improved organization, and the ability to add a tripod. A zippered pocket at the top of the backpack is the perfect spot to grab a UV filter, cell phone or keys. zippers throughout the construction make opening and closing fast and smooth. The main camera compartment features a flexible divider system that lets one quickly and comfortably access a DSLR. The AmazonBasics sling backpack includes a tripod storage system with hidden foldout holder and quick-release buckle with strap to secure a compact tripod or monopod to the side. Additional features include an ergonomic sling strap and padded waistbelt, padded main compartment with adjustable dividers and 2 built-in memory card pockets
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
UPDATE: Aug 31, 2016 - It's been 4.5 years since I first reviewed this backpack for DSLR's. I'm still using it and it is literally still as good as the day I got it. The zippers work well and there is nothing wrong with the backpack. I've used it a lot. It's my main camera bag and I still love the functionality.
The AmazonBasics sling backpack for DSLR cameras is a no frills solution for taking a reasonable amount of photo gear with you when you don't want or need to lug your larger case with you. It's a great solution when you are hiking, skiing or just want a more compact way to take your essential camera gear with you.
The backpack is entirely black, no color accents or embellishment whatsoever. The backpack has a functional shoulder sling that allows you to pivot the pack to the front of your body for easy access to your camera gear when you need it. It's a fairly comfortable, sling backpack with adequate shoulder strap padding and an additional lower waist strap. There is a smaller zippered upper compartment with enough room for a good sized flash and room to spare for batteries, lens cleaning tools or maybe a PB&J for an extended hike. The main zippered compartment can be configured to your needs using a series of velcro pads of various sizes. There is also a velcro strap that can be used in whatever way you can figure out how to use it. Depending on the lenses you wish to carry and whether you want to carry the camera body with no lens attached, you can move the pads around to accommodate your needs.
I was easily able to fit my Nikon D300 with attached 80-200 f2.8 lens and flash in the main compartment, with a second 17-55 f2.8 lens in the smaller top compartment along with some other odds and ends.
The bottom of the pack has two rubber "feet" which protect the bottom nylon panel from wear and tear. However, the case is really designed as a backpack and will not reliably stand on its own when fully loaded. It's not intended to be a supportive pack that can sit upright on a floor.
Overall the pack seems reasonably well made and does provide a great way to carry a camera body, couple lenses, flash and assorted odds and ends with ease. I love it for when I'm hiking and don't want to carry a conventional camera bag with me. It's easy to swing the pack around to gain access to your camera when you need it. I do like I can carry a compact tripod or monopod on the outside of the backpack and the "hidden" pouch that tucks away to hold the tripod/monopod leg is a nice feature. The zippers seem beefy enough to withstand some good use and the quick release buckles on the straps function well.
I like the backpack and the price is just about right for what you are getting in my opinion.
UPDATE: 1/10/2013 - If you're thinking this might be a bit too large for you, take a look at the recently released AmazonBasics Sling Backpack for SLR Cameras (Black)which I've reviewed here http://www.amazon.com/review/R3NGA4F96W7XXV
- sling strap is comfortable and adjustable
- the compartments are a great use of small space. Foam and Velcro dividers allow you to create a space for your specific set of gear
- Top pocket for extra's (batteries, chargers, snacks etc)
- **most useful feature (my opinion)**: the major compartment has a wrap around zippered opening. Using the sling strap, you can slide the bag around to your front and the compartment becomes a work space that you can use to switch out lenses, arrange gear, or drop your sunglasses into while shooting photos. It's one of those things I thought was cool until I used it and realized is invaluable.
- Side elastic pocket for water bottle or other small bits of gear
- Just because I like it... the interior is orange, bag is black. It looks cool, and reminds me of the design of higher end camera bags.
- Beyond a day hike or quick grab-and-go photo trip, this bag will be too small
- Often found myself wishing it was 3-4 inches taller (along with the space this would afford.
- **Something that would be very useful in future iterations of the bag would be a flat pocket between the bag and my back for an iPad mini/book/notepad
I really like this bag. It's compact, light weight and versatile. The very reasonable price tag makes you feel good about the purchase, and after months of use, it has held up well to the elements (side note: I got caught in a long rainstorm on a hike and the bag absorbed a lot of water without the interior becoming wet, and my camera was untouched). I especially love using it as an abbreviated work station while shooting photos. I will use this bag for as long as it holds up.