AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case Organizer for Small Electronics and Accessories, Black
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25.00 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 . (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||9.8 x 2 x 5.9 inches|
|Item Weight||9.6 Ounces|
About this item
- Interior offers secure storage space and prevents scratches
- Universal travel case stores and protects small electronics, power adapters and memory cards
- Molded EVA-plastic exterior; interior stretch-mesh pockets. Outer dimensions 9.5 x 5.4 x 2 inches
- Distributed by Amazon.com; backed by one-year Amazon Basics warranty
- Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
Frequently bought together
More to consider from our brands
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
An Amazon Brand.
Offering a rigid exterior of molded-EVA plastic and a soft, scratch-free interior, the AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case will protect your small electronics (GPS units, mobile phones, digital cameras, the Flip, iTouch and much, much more) plus cables, extra batteries and other accessories. The removable wrist strap makes it easy to transport.
Interior Offers Secure Storage Space and Prevents Scratches
Two stretch mesh pockets inside the Universal Travel Case securely hold your small electronics and accessories. The case measures 9.5 by 5.25 by 1.88 inches (241.30 by 133.35 by 47.75 mm) and offers plenty of space for organizing cables and batteries. It also includes pockets for memory cards. Additionally, the interior's soft cotton jersey fabric helps keep your small electronics free of scratches.
Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging
This AmazonBasics product features Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging that is recyclable. It comes without excess packaging materials such as hard plastic clamshell casings, plastic bindings, or wire ties. The packaging is designed to be opened without the use of a box cutter or knife, and it will protect your product just as well as traditional packaging. Products with Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging can frequently be shipped in their own boxes, without an additional shipping box, saving on resources and reducing waste. In addition, the packaging materials that we do use are easily and frequently recycled, composted, or reused by our customers, and all the inks and dyes are biodegradable.
The AmazonBasics Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics and Accessories (cameras, mobile phones, GPS units) (Black) is protected by an AmazonBasics one-year limited warranty.
What's in the Box
Universal travel case for small electronics and accessories with removable wrist strap and warranty card. (Does not include products and accessories shown in photographs.)
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I called AMAZON customer service after I received the first case, and they refunded the purchase.
I then ordered a second unit which also had the same problem.
I dont believe their quality control is up to task in this product.
I gave up on getting a third case..
If you have a streaming stick, you know how small and compact they are. But it's the rest of the stuff that's necessary that needs a case:
- microUSB to USB cable (just about any one will do; in most cases, it doesn't have to be the same cable that came with the stick). I typically carry two with one that doubles as a charge cable for my smartphone.
- short length HDMI cable. I carry 3 ft AmazonBasics one ( AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable - 3 Feet (2-Pack) (Latest Standard) )...
- a HDMI coupler (something like this: VCE® (2 PACK) HDMI Female to Female Adapter Gold Plated High Speed HDMI Female Coupler 3D&4K Resolution )
- and a HDMI right angle adapter (something like this: Generic 2x HDMI Male To Female Right Angle 90-360 Degree Adapter )
The short HDMI cable, coupler and angle adapter allow me additional mounting flexibility in case I encounter a hotel TV where the HDMI port is in an arm-twisting, absurdly mounted location where you cannot directly insert a HDMI stick into it (TV too close to the wall, HDMI port is in a vertical position, etc.)
- A dual USB port travel charger. I have this one: iClever BoostCube 4.8A 24W Dual USB Travel Wall Charger with SmartID Technology, Foldable Plug for iPhone iPad, Samsung Galaxy, HTC Nexus Moto Blackberry, Bluetooth Speaker Headset & Power Bank, White . I really don't need to carry multiple chargers or a charger to charge more than two devices at the same time so this little cube does the trick for the stick and my phone.
- A 2-prong to 3-prong grounding adapter (like this: GE 14404 Polarized Grounding Adapter, Orange, 2-Pack ) for when the AC outlets in the hotel are in some weird locations and the USB power cube can't plug all the way in. The grounding adapter "raises" the outlet just enough in most cases to allow proper insertion (sorta like those AC power extension cables some use to plug in wall warts into power strips but instead of carrying around a 1ft thick cable, the grounding adapter serves a similar purpose).
- And both sticks' remote controls + their AAA batteries (I take one battery out of each remote to prevent an accidental keypress inside the case and draining the batteries. The battery I removed gets placed into a small plastic bag or a AA/AAA 2-cell small carrier. It looks something like this: Bluecell 4 PCS Blue Color AA / AAA 4 Cell Battery Storage Case but it a 2-cell variety.
The AmazonBasic Universal Travel Case for Small Electronics easily carries all of the above and other small electronics parts I may need to bring along. It sits nicely in my backpack carryon. I was using a softsided bag to carry this stuff but I got increasingly concerned that the stuff inside the bag gets unnecessarily crushed by other items in my carryon (c'mon-- we all do it-- stuff our carryons to the gills). At least there's a fighting chance I won't break something if something/someone sat on my backpack.
I thought it was small but I was pleasantly surprised that that is not the case
It is actually the perfect size.
I like that it is a hard case so my stuff won’t get squashed inside my luggage.
The inside has a lot of pockets and divisions to put my stuff.
I bought 2 different kinds and this is my favorite of all.
I have brought it with me plenty of times when we are travelling and I am happy.
Especially since I like to be organized and this helps me with that.
I am not scared anymore that I have forgotten stuff.
I practically put my extra or my travel chargers and cables to this one so I don’t have to worry.
I place them here and I just carry this and put them in my bag.
I won’t have to hunt for where my chargers or cables are.
I have some at home and I have some for travel.
It kept me from leaving them at the hotels too. And they are definitely not anywhere in my luggage.
Just all in one place.
I would definitely recommend this to everyone.
Top reviews from other countries
The case itself has a number of internal mesh dividers that is very handy when it comes to separating certain items to storm them separately. The smaller pockets themselves are perfect for storing smaller items such as memory cards and other batteries for your camera etc. Other compartments are satisfactory for storing USB cables or phone chargers. (Depending on how bulky the plug is)
The case itself doesn't have a particularly hard shell, but is firm enough, and doesn't have adequate padding on the inside to protect your items. Despite this it does give the impression that it will protect its contents reasonably well. It is larger than you expect it to be however it is not large by any means and fits subtly into my backpack.
It does its job superbly for what I need it to do. For anyone looking a reasonable sized case to store accessories in, you will not a better one for this competitive price.
Please click on the “Yes” button below if this review has been helpful thank you
So far it is holding my high resolution music player, earphones, some additional micro SD cards, a small camera, and a digital voice recorder, as well as a few plugs and leads.
There is some space left in the case where I am keeping a spare pack of cigarettes. I might be able to find a bit of space for a few more bits and pieces later.I would highly recommend this excellent case.
Amazon have done a great job here producing an item that allows me to carry my essentials with me anywhere I go.
The inside consists of a large mesh pocket on the left which is large enough to hold my USB hard drive, my MacBook power brick and my Hootoo USB c hub.
On the right there are a number of smaller mesh and zipped pockets. These I use to hold a number of USB cables, my MacBook charging cable and adapters / other small items that could get lost easily if not safely zipped away.
The overall case is a nice rigid material that I feel confident would absorb knocks, bumps and scrapes encountered in daily use and in a tech backpack. The zips are of a good quality and work well along with the clip on wrist strap attached on the outside to a small loop.
All in all a great product and one I'd recommend to any tech enthusiast as an essential part of their daily kit.
Decent enough, recommended if the six is right for you.