AmazonBasics Wireless Bluetooth Dual 3W Speaker with Built-in Microphone - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Plays music up to 30 feet (10 meters) from any Bluetooth-enabled device such as your smartphone, notebook, or tablet
- Speaker has two internal 3W speakers and built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- Connects via Bluetooth or a 3.5mm stereo cable (not included)
- Up to 15 hours of wireless play on a single charge when listening to music or making calls
- Comes with a Micro USB to USB charging cable. Speaker Dimensions: 7.3 x 2.4 x 2.8 inches (LxWxH)
- Note: Refer the User Manual before use.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
AmazonBasics Portable Bluetooth Speaker
When you want to unplug, share music with your friends or listen without headphones, go wireless with this AmazonBasics Portable Bluetooth speaker. The speaker that can go anywhere.
Wherever you want to enjoy your music, whether it's on the beach, at a party, or simply in the garden or kitchen, you can do it wirelessly with this speaker.
Small and portable, the AmazonBasics Bluetooth speaker lets you listen to your music, videos or games wherever you are. Put it in your bag and off you go. Enjoy sound without being tied down with wires.
- 2 internal 3W speakers
- Connects wirelessly to nearly all Bluetooth enabled devices
- Battery lasts up to 15 hours so you don’t need to take any cables with you
- Recharges with included USB cable
- Backed by an AmazonBasics 1-year limited warranty
Play All Night
The size may be small but the built in batteries last for up to 15 hours on a single charge. Or plug the speaker into a wall charger or computer with the included standard size micro USB charging cable and play through the night.
Note - battery life was measured while volume was at 50%
Take The Music With You
The speaker is amazingly portable and the classic design makes it stable so it isn’t easily knocked over even in breezy conditions. Take the speaker on your next big trip, to the park, or just the next room.
Use the built-in microphone to make and answer calls on your phone or have hands-free web enabled conversations using your tablet or computer. Great when you need to bring more friends and colleagues into the conversation.
|About||Petite, lightweight speakers for maximum portability. Pair and go!||Small speakers with booming sound. Fits nicely in small bags when you are on the go.||Ideal for personal use. Fits nicely on your desk and provides enough sound for multiple people.||When you need more sound, and more bass for more people.|
|Sound||1 Internal 3W Speaker||1 Internal 3W Speaker||2 Internal 3W Speakers||2 Internal 5W Speakers|
|Buttons & Controls||Volume Control and Bluetooth Pairing||Volume Control and Bluetooth Pairing||Volume Control, Forward/Back, and Bluetooth Pairing||Volume Control, Forward/Back, BluetoothPairing,and Call Divert Function|
|Battery Life||10 Hours||10 Hours||15 Hours||8 Hours|
|Power Source||USB to Micro USB||USB to Micro USB||USB to Micro USB||AC to Micro USB|
|Size (L x W x H)||3.3" (diameter) x 1.2" (height)||3.3” x 1.7” x 2.6”||7.25" x 2.375" x 2.75"||10.2” x 3” x 3.2”|
|Weight||0.25 pounds||0.6 pounds||1.2 pounds||1.6 pounds|
|AmazonBasics 1-Year Limited Warranty||✓||✓||✓||✓|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Cambridge Soundworks||Amazon.com||Cambridge Soundworks||Amazon.com||AnkerDirect|
|Connectivity Technology||bluetooth||Wireless||bluetooth or 3.5mm aux cable||Wireless||bluetooth or 3.5mm aux cable||bluetooth, micro usb, usb|
|Item Dimensions||2.4 x 7.3 x 2.8 in||2.76 x 5.24 x 2.52 in||1.5 x 6.3 x 2.52 in||2.9 x 6.42 x 2.78 in||2.85 x 10.2 x 3.1 in||3.15 x 3.15 x 2.36 in|
|Item Weight||1.15 lbs||0.56 lb||0.5 lb||0.81 lb||1.61 lbs||0.62 lb|
|Power Source||Rechargeable battery||Battery||Rechargeable battery||Battery||Rechargeable battery||Battery|
AmazonBasics brings you everyday items at a great value
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I have been to a lot of my friends houses and it seems that they all have some sort of small bluetooth speaker ranging in prices from $40 bucks up to $200 bucks. In comparison, I love what I got for such a good price. For one thing when compared to the $40 dollar speaker, the Amazon Basics seem to have more bass and the $40 dollar speaker didn't have the ability to answer a cell phone. When compared to the $120 dollar speakers, I'd have to say they sound about the same for half the price. They both had speaker phone capabilities. The $200 dollar speaker did sound better and had more bass but the Amazon Basics is half the price, and, it is a lot more smaller and is more easy to move around from location to location in my book bag. It paired with ease to my iPhone and my computer. The buttons are good sized and placed well for me. It feels very solid in hand. Not a brick with large magnets on the speakers. Just solid like it won't fall apart. I ran several types of music through it. Some with a lot of bass and at full volume on both my iPhone and the speaker. It did not distort the music at all for me. It seemed like the manufacture capped the volume so it would sound clean at full volume. Also, at full volume on both my iPhone and the speaker, there was no noticeable sound or his when the music was not playing. Nice and quiet. All this testing was done with the charge that came with the speaker out of the box. All in all I love it. The packaging that the speaker came in is very nice too. Easy to open and yet protects nicely.
Now for what I don't like.
Amazon! Why put out a awesome product and then drop the ball by only giving you a USB charging cable that is only 20" inches long? Seems to short for me to charge it from the most usual places. I have a AC/USB adapter that I can use but this short cord wont reach it from my desk. How many people have there computer on the floor? While charging, would you want to use the speaker down there? Now I have to purchase a longer cable and toss this one in the junk pile. Nothing big but it would have been nice for it to come with a standard sized cable.
Why not add a AC/USB adapter? Would have been nice but not needed for me.
Now just a pet peeve of mine.
It would have been nice to have a stereo jack out so you can daisy-chain a few of these speakers together for a larger get together.
Other than the USB cable, it is a very good speaker for its size with good sound that I think anyone would love without spending a lot of cash! I'll update this review about the battery life once I have had some more time using it.
Hope this review helps someone with there decision.
***One more suggestion Amazon. Design a inexpensive travel case so it won't get scratched up in my book bag.
- Quick Update 01-18-14 - I decided to take it apart to find out what was inside and how it was made.
Both the screens were inserted with a rubberized glue around the edges to hold them in and keep them from vibrating and making noises. The inside of the speaker box along with the wires and electronics are all lined with a foam material. The box is sealed! Where the plastic plate that holds the speakers in and attaches to the speaker box, it is screwed in and looks to be glued or hot glued to keep it air tight. The rest of my observations are from what I could see through the speaker openings after I took out the speakers. The speakers are of good make. Not the best but good. I don't think that the rear sub is an actual sub. From what I could see, nothing was hooked up to it. No metal frame and no magnet or wires. There was no visible battery but it may be housed in one of the switch housings. All in all it looks like it was very nicely made and not just cheeply thrown together. I like what I did see. I'll try to post some pics if I can.
- Update 01-25-14 - After a week in the office of use for up to 8 hours per day with the our digital printers running, I can safely say that the volume for such a small speaker is very good. I did get a little distortion at full volume from the bass on a few songs but I never seem to run it at full volume all that much. Yes. I have to agree with others that the sound is a little muddy but I believe that if it wasn't, the bass sound wouldn't be as good. Seems like a compromise to me that I don't mind. I do like the sound. Several times I did have a phone call while out at the machines and I was able to receive the call, talk and hang up with no problem. I asked the caller how I sounded and they all told me fine. There was no echo like you sometimes get on Skype. Several employees that I work with came in and listened and they liked it too. Two of them stated that they were going to order one too.
My printers were 17' and 25' away from my desk where my cell phone was. There is one wall that the signal had to pass through and I had no dropouts in the music and phone calls.
All in all it is a $60.00 dollar bluetooth speaker that does what it supposed to do and does it well. You shouldn't expect it to sound like a larger, more expensive system but I am very impressed with what I got.
One more note. The battery lasts for a long time. I charged it every other day with my workstations USB port and in about 4 hours it was done. That was while I was still using it at the same time.
Enjoy and have fun with your new bluetooth speaker :-)
I love mine.
So i took a chance on this because it seemed like a strange product for Amazon to be making and there are so many other options out there, why would they get into this space and risk their reputation unless they had something that was a great value? Bingo! I feel like if this was marketed by another company this would be roughly a $100 product. At $60 i think this is a steal. I don't feel like I want the Jambox anymore.
As far as the sound goes, its all pretty subjective, but to my ear, its pretty well balanced. It doesn't kick out the same bass that the jambox does, but the bass does sound a bit tighter and more true to the source. The highs are VERY crisp if you are listening on-axis to the speaker. It won't get as loud as the jambox, however it seems like maybe they capped it where they did to avoid distortion. I don't think i need this to be a lot louder but i could see some others complaining.
Anyway, i would recommend this to pretty much anyone.
- This unit has enough kick to play at any gathering but not enough to blow the roof off, and will stay nice and clear while doing it.
- I like the build quality, it has a nice looking faux metal chassis and the grills are metal, however I feel that the paint/plastic will chip if dropped, so hold tight.
- This unit compares to my niece's "Jam Party" set which I thought sounded excellent and originally wanted, and Amazon's is more affordable.
- I haven't had it long enough to truly know about the battery life, but the charge it came with out of the box only lasted about ten minutes.
- I did like that the "Jam Party" was ported, I just feel like these smaller units benefit from that ability to move air, but this one does it well without any ports that I can see, however the AmazonBasics has the woofer that the other does not have. (Upon deeper inspection this woofer is nothing but the cone, no magnet, coil or anything, it gets driven by the sealed design and the pressure the two front speakers produce. Given its odd shape I'm sort of not surprised but I would liked to have seen this be a full fledged driver.)
- Its definitely not as stylish as other brands but Amazon seems to have put function before form with this one. It does its job and that's why its a deal.
Overall this is a completely comparable package for the price range, and the improvements I would have liked to have seen would only drive the price higher.