Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras
Style: Nikon|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on December 2, 2015
This remote is NOT compatible with a 70D. I learned that one the hard way. The accompanying pamphlet says that it works for 5d Mk iii, 60D, 7d, and t4i and below.
review image
55 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 24, 2013
Just to confirm since it doesn't have any mentions for Canon EOS 60D this remote is 100% compatible for the remote.
66 comments| 185 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 28, 2017
Just got this in the mail and so far it works well. I've only tested it out, so I haven't really experimented with it yet, but it does work with the Cannon Xsi. You have to point it directly at the camera. I haven't played around with distance yet, I was about a foot or two in front of the camera when I was testing it out, so I'm not sure how far away you can be yet. But it does work with my camera, so for the price you can't really beat it.
on December 9, 2017
I bought this remote for my vacation so I could get a few shots of my husband and myself together that weren't selfies. The info says it works at ten feet but I couldn't get it to work more than five feet away. I ended up ditching the remote and using the camera timer instead.
on December 3, 2017
Bought it for my T6i DSLR also known as the 750D. So easy to setup and use!

1. Go to drive mode on camera.
2. Switch to 10 second/remote mode.
3. Focus on an object with camera.
4. Hit the remote button in front of the camera.
5. Done!
on December 2, 2017
I’m so impressed. This thing is good to go right out of the box. Just set your camera settings properly and it works great. I was even able to use it from further than the max distance listed in the description. Such a good deal. Now I can be in family photos, too!
on December 4, 2015
When checking out remotes I was looking at the Nikon ML-L3 for my Nikon D5300. But this popped up and at a fraction of the price I had to go with it. So far I've used it about 8 times, at distances of up to 20 feet (yes it does only claim a 16 foot range). I haven't tried it any further to see if it would work farther away than that, but it worked flawlessly. Connects without any issue to my camera and has worked every time I pushed the button.

I was very surprised to see the quality of packaging that it came in. I almost feel like Amazon spent half of the price of this item on that alone, when you consider this could have come in a simple padded envelope. The soft carrying case is also very nice and professional looking. So far I've continued to use it even though at first glance I thought I'd do away with it much sooner. It has been a great item to use and I'd recommend it as a replacement for any wireless remote.
on June 13, 2017
Works on my Nikon V1, though not listed in the product description or on the package. Works right out of the box. No setup required.
Note: velvet carrying case is a bit of a throwaway but the remote itself has a nice feel and appears to be well made.
review image
on October 26, 2017
Works great as long as you are using a Canon lens. I got an after market Yongnuo Lens (Wide lens 35 mm) and the remote doesn't work when that lens is in the camera. I use it with a Rebel Xti. Am not sure if the problem is with the remote or the Yongnuo lens.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 30, 2015
This is a remote that, without any extra doodads, is supposed to control a Canon 7D (among others).

Well, it does, to a point.

It didn't work from about 15 feet in a well lit room.

It kind of made me look silly. I'm not knocking off stars for the silly looking episode, as I should have tested it a bit more beforehand.

It works better in darkness, and would be perfect for shots where you don't want to jog the camera. It's cheap, takes up no significant space, and it easy to use.

It doesn't do much if you want to take a picture of a group of people, stand with them, and use it from that position. Nor did it work until I got within a few feet of it. I ended up using the timer.

I'm guessing the infrared LED is simply not powerful enough throw a signal very far in a well lit room, especially where the lighting is all fluorescent, which tends to be unfriendly towards infrared signals.

Every other AmazonBasics item I've purchased worked wonderfully, but hey, every rock can't be a diamond. Since this takes practically no room, I'll keep it in my bag and fiddle with it when I'm bored. Meanwhile, I'm going to look for an RF wireless remote.