Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

AmazonBasics Wireless Remote Control for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Style: Canon|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

on December 2, 2015
This remote is NOT compatible with a 70D. I learned that one the hard way. The accompanying pamphlet says that it works for 5d Mk iii, 60D, 7d, and t4i and below.
review image
151 helpful votes
152 helpful votes
55 comments|Report abuse
on September 24, 2013
Just to confirm since it doesn't have any mentions for Canon EOS 60D this remote is 100% compatible for the remote.
180 helpful votes
181 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on November 19, 2017
Super easy to use. Literally just enable the setting in the camera, pull out the battery insert in the remote, and click away.

I have a Nikon D7100, which is not "listed" in the description of the remote. The D7000 is listed, the D7100 works, so assuming the D7200 would also work; all based on the same D7000 version.

When the camera power is turned off and on, it turns off the remote setting, so I have to re-enable it every time. Not a bad things or a good thing, just have to do it every time i want to use the remote. Helps avoid if someone else has a remote near you and don't want their click to effect your camera.

If i pointed from the side of the camera, it did not work. I'm guessing it was due to sensor place? If i stood behind the camera, it always worked.
on October 29, 2017
Worked well with my t5i, just had to change from single to 10sec/remote and it would work for photo and video. Now I've upgraded to a T7i and I'm happy to say that it still works. I have the T7i and this remote. Used to use it with my T5i. When taking a photo, just press "Q" and switch the mode to "10sec/remote. " For video, go to menu, shooting settings, menu 4 (or 5) and it says "remote" which you change from disabled to enabled. Then it works. The remote itself works nicely, a little slow, but I can't complain. It does the job.
on August 28, 2017
Just got this in the mail and so far it works well. I've only tested it out, so I haven't really experimented with it yet, but it does work with the Cannon Xsi. You have to point it directly at the camera. I haven't played around with distance yet, I was about a foot or two in front of the camera when I was testing it out, so I'm not sure how far away you can be yet. But it does work with my camera, so for the price you can't really beat it.
on October 30, 2017
Works great. Good signal strength. Works with Altura flash unit, also a good buy with excellent features.https://www.amazon.com/Altura-Photo-AP-N1001-Speedlite-Auto-Focus/dp/B00KEYPTO4/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1509391357&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=altura+flash
on April 11, 2017
Works flawlessly with my D5300. Select the release configuration in the menu and go to town. No Drama, Great Price. With a clear line of sight and from dead front, I am consistently able to trip the shutter at 15+ yards (45 feet). This distance with function may not be standard, but, it is what I am getting.
rch
on December 4, 2015
When checking out remotes I was looking at the Nikon ML-L3 for my Nikon D5300. But this popped up and at a fraction of the price I had to go with it. So far I've used it about 8 times, at distances of up to 20 feet (yes it does only claim a 16 foot range). I haven't tried it any further to see if it would work farther away than that, but it worked flawlessly. Connects without any issue to my camera and has worked every time I pushed the button.

I was very surprised to see the quality of packaging that it came in. I almost feel like Amazon spent half of the price of this item on that alone, when you consider this could have come in a simple padded envelope. The soft carrying case is also very nice and professional looking. So far I've continued to use it even though at first glance I thought I'd do away with it much sooner. It has been a great item to use and I'd recommend it as a replacement for any wireless remote.
on June 13, 2017
Works on my Nikon V1, though not listed in the product description or on the package. Works right out of the box. No setup required.
Note: velvet carrying case is a bit of a throwaway but the remote itself has a nice feel and appears to be well made.
review image
on October 26, 2017
Works great as long as you are using a Canon lens. I got an after market Yongnuo Lens (Wide lens 35 mm) and the remote doesn't work when that lens is in the camera. I use it with a Rebel Xti. Am not sure if the problem is with the remote or the Yongnuo lens.
11 comment|Report abuse