Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now FFII_gno

Style: Canon|Package Type: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 3,472 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,695 reviews
on December 2, 2015
This remote is NOT compatible with a 70D. I learned that one the hard way. The accompanying pamphlet says that it works for 5d Mk iii, 60D, 7d, and t4i and below.
review image
55 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2013
Just to confirm since it doesn't have any mentions for Canon EOS 60D this remote is 100% compatible for the remote.
66 comments| 177 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I got this remote for my Canon t4i. It is a must have for long exposures to reduce vibration from releasing the shutter by hand. Even with touch sensitive screens that allow shutter activation (t4i, t5i, 70D), you get noticeable improvements with a wireless device.

Also note that for best results you should change the mirror setting in the camera settings menu to move the mirror out of the way prior to opening the shutter. The mirror movement makes significant vibration that can reverberate in your camera/tripod assembly. Watch a slow motion video of the mirror actuation on YouTube. You will be impressed by the amount of banging around that it causes!

It has a range of about 25 feet in best conditions. It uses the built in IR receiver in the front of your camera and behaves just like the Canon OEM remote for a fraction of the cost. No programming required, works out of the box. Compare below:
Canon RC-6 Wireless Remote Controller

5 stars!

If you want more range you will need an RF transmitter receiver combination. The trade off is cost, and size as you need 2 larger components rather than a slim transmitter. See below:
Aputure Pro Coworker Wireless Remote, RF Radio Shutter Release for Canon
SMDV RFN-4 Wireless Remote Shutter Release Cable for Canon
Satechi WR-C100 Wireless Remote Control for Canon
on October 4, 2013
I have a Canon EOS 70D and this Amazon Basic remote will ONLY work from the front.

- Does not work from Back or Side.
- Works from Bottom and Top. Degree an angle depends on camera. Mine is around 130 degree angle from 7 Ft away.
- Need to set Drive mode to Timer (2 or 10 seconds doesn't seem to matter). It will default to 2 seconds.

I really want to have an option for instant shutter w/o Timer drive mode. Also support Video like Photive RC-6 or Canon RC-6.

Unfortunately, I will be returning this for the Photive RC-6. Seems like the Photive RC-6 has similar built-in features as the Canon RC-6 for half the price.
on December 25, 2014
Works great with my SL1!

I've tested the range and it's about 15 feet which is better then advertised 10 foot. Perfect for self-portraits!

Comes with a nice little black velvet pouch.

I've included a picture of the remote I received sitting on top of its carrying pouch.
review image
on September 13, 2016
I have a Canon EOS T3i DSLR. I decided to try this product for large group photos during the holiday. I love having pictures for special occasion with my family for memories. The remote arrival in a box with a nice velvet case. There is a clear tab you pull to start using the device. I would say the trick is getting the device to pair with your camera. I disliked that there was no power button. I felt like the battery was draining when I wasn't using the item. The device is battery operated. I’m not sure if there is a remote that is chargeable but I feel like there should be. The one button function does not give you a lot of control over how the remote would work.

Pros:
-Fairly simple to use – only 1 button
-Cheaper alternative to the canon remote
-Device is small

Cons:
-There is no power button
-No additional options for control
-A bit unpredictable when it comes to pairing device
-Battery operated

I ended up returning the item. I saw reviews saying that the product stopped working after a while. I didn’t want to keep the product because of the risk that the product might stop working. I remember the Canon remote costing $20-$30 more and did not want to spend the extra money on the device.
on November 27, 2014
I purchased this remote to work with a Canon 70D. I have used it a number of times, it works fine as a remote release with a 2 second delay. I have usually used it to help take tripod shots of landscapes or other slow releases, since the sensor is on the front, you just have to reach around to the front of the camera to ensure the remote signal gets to the sensor.

Why 4 stars? This is *not* the same as the Canon RC-6 wireless remote. That remote includes a switch on the back that lets you choose whether to have a 2 second delay on the shutter or to have an immediate shutter. If you are taking landscapes or family photos, the 2 seconds is probably fine. If you are trying to do wildlife or other photos where you want more shutter control, this won't work as well and you are better off with the RC-6 or a wired remote.

EOS Magazine has an article on the RC-6 that explains the immediate vs 2 second switch: http://www.eos-magazine.com/articles/remotes/canonrc6.html
on December 2, 2015
I have a Nikon D3000. I purchased the option for the Nikon, I made sure of this, and the packaging received also indicated that this was the remote for a Nikon, not the Canon. This remote did not work. I know that you have to select the remote shutter mode for the camera, did that, but this remote did not work at all. I changed the battery and still did not work. We returned it and purchased the Genuine Nikon ML-L3 remote and it worked great. The Nikon branded remote is: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G9G76PQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00
I don't work or have any affiliation with the seller of the Nikon ML-L3 remote in the link.
VINE VOICEon January 2, 2017
I should qualify the five star review to reflect that I could not use this remote with the device I'd intended it for. I own an EOS Canon Rebel T6, which does not have an infrared sensor. So I use this instead with an older model Canon DSLR that does, and it works just fine. It has a good range and triggers the camera easily.
Make sure when you are buying to check the remote's compatibility with your camera -
VINE VOICEon June 3, 2014
This was extremely easy to use. Simply put the camera in self-timer mode and then the trigger will automatically connect with the camera and send the signal to activate the shutter.

This is well made and well engineered. It has two benefits: it has the traditional self-timer that allows you to be in the picture and the remote trigger does not require depressing the shutter button with your finger, which reduces the tendency for camera motion that may degrade long exposures.

The price was incredible, ridiculously inexpensive, considering the price of any thing that ever touches this camera.